• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOM COUGHLIN WANTS TO COACH THE GIANTS INTO HIS 70'S

TOM COUGHLIN WANTS TO COACH THE GIANTS INTO HIS 70'S

"During an online segment on ESPN.com, NFL insider Chris Mortensen stated
    that New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin wants to coach into his 70's
    because of how much he loves Eli Manning.

“I’m told even at his age, he wants to coach into his 70's. And the reason
    why he wants to coach into his 70's is because he loves his quarterback Eli
    Manning,” said Mortensen.

Coughlin will turn 66 right before the 2012 regular season begins. I would
    think Manning has at least another five to six years left in him. I don’t see
    Coughlin retiring unless he ends up getting fired somehow or Manning
    retires."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: TOM COUGHLIN WANTS TO COACH THE GIANTS INTO HIS 70'S

I thought he was already in them :/
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.
        [/quote]I don't know why but I'm thinking more like extendtwo years...Its not like he needs the money is it really that important to be guaranteed a job and payfor 5...Idk they can add years down the road if all is well....

Comment

[quote user="byron"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.
          [/quote]I don't know why but I'm thinking more like extend*two years...Its not like he needs the money is it really that important to be guaranteed a job and pay*for 5...Idk they can add years down the road if all is well....[/quote]

And the issue is....he has won 2 Superbowl in 4 years, give him whatever he wants

Comment

SELL HIM YOUR KIDS

Comment

[quote user="byron"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.
              [/quote]I don't know why but I'm thinking more like extendtwo years...Its not like he needs the money is it really that important to be guaranteed a job and payfor 5...Idk they can add years down the road if all is well....[/quote]

The front office thrives on continuity. I believe they want Coughlin and Glbride to ride into the sunset WITH Eli, not ahead of him. We have what one could argue is the best WR duo in the NFL and they are Y O U N G enough to stay here as ling as Eli is the QB.

They could make worse decisions than to sign Coughlin to a long term deal. They can afford it, it doesn't affect the CAP, and I just don't see TC looking at exorbitant $$$.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="byron"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.
                [/quote]I don't know why but I'm thinking more like extend*two years...Its not like he needs the money is it really that important to be guaranteed a job and pay*for 5...Idk they can add years down the road if all is well....[/quote]

The front office thrives on continuity.* I believe they want Coughlin and Glbride to ride into the sunset WITH Eli, not ahead of him.* We have what one could argue is the best WR duo in the NFL and they are Y O U N G enough to stay here as ling as Eli is the QB.

They could make worse decisions than to sign Coughlin to a long term deal.* They can afford it, it doesn't affect the CAP, and I just don't see TC looking at exorbitant $$$.
                [/quote]
                Helping his cause, is the tremendous shape he keeps himself in.

Comment

[quote user="fletch842"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="byron"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.
                  [/quote]I don't know why but I'm thinking more like extendtwo years...Its not like he needs the money is it really that important to be guaranteed a job and payfor 5...Idk they can add years down the road if all is well....[/quote]

The front office thrives on continuity. I believe they want Coughlin and Glbride to ride into the sunset WITH Eli, not ahead of him. We have what one could argue is the best WR duo in the NFL and they are Y O U N G enough to stay here as ling as Eli is the QB.

They could make worse decisions than to sign Coughlin to a long term deal. They can afford it, it doesn't affect the CAP, and I just don't see TC looking at exorbitant $$$.
                  [/quote]
                  Helping his cause, is the tremendous shape he keeps himself in.[/quote]

Interestingly enough, after the Super Bowl win, John Mara was asked about TC's future and the first thing he said was about what great shape TC is in.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="byron"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.

[/quote]

man I know no more about what this front office is thinking or what TC wants than anybody else around here....I could see a two year deal just a feeling I havebased on nothing...just making conversation...Now if TC is asking for a 4 or 5 year deal I can surely see that happening and I agree I doubt he would be asking for big dollars...I wasn't lobbing for anything herereally

Comment

Keep giving him 1-2 year deals with him on the hot seat every year, maybe he'll win moresuper bowls that way.

The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

[quote user="Martyr"]

Keep giving him 1-2 year deals with him on the hot seat every year, maybe he'll win moresuper bowls that way.

[/quote]

If you believe the past foretells the future, he'd have two more rings in five years.

Comment

[quote user="Bigbluereckingcrew"][quote user="byron"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think a 4 or 5 year contract would be reasonable.
                          [/quote]I don't know why but I'm thinking more like extendtwo years...Its not like he needs the money is it really that important to be guaranteed a job and payfor 5...Idk they can add years down the road if all is well....[/quote] And the issue is....he has won 2 Superbowl in 4 years, give him whatever he wants[/quote] no issue man justmaking a comment...and Iknow full well what he has done here....they will come to an agreement that I'm sure off thatand I'm sure it will be fair one...

edit: took your comment wrong...sorry

Comment

since peyton isnt a colt anymore, and both he and brady, and to an extent Brees, are getting up there in age....

the giants and packers have the best situation at QB with respects to the HC/OC...

think about that for a sec...i said this months ago, but really, we are spoiled. everyday we should be thankful that we as fans of the giants are in this situation...

25 or so other teams would KILL to be in our situation.

Plus, Eli is not going to stop getting better. WHy would TC not want to stay with him? He's got a player coach on the field on offense...seriously, not ONE losing season since he's been the starter, lmfao, its amazing that so many were ready to run both TC and Eli out of town...

Comment

As long as you want to coach Tom I'm with you brother... you have my blessing [Y]
                              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Working...
                              X