Running Back Problem:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Back Problem:

I have recently heard that Bradshaw may never be 100% again. The Giants do not have a guy behind him who is close to a serviceable replacement. I understand Jacobs wasnt the guy but not signing Hillis, Bush or Tolbert is looking bad right now. I have also heard we may take 2 rb's in the draft. Any thoughts?

Re: Running Back Problem:

I don't think it's bad at all that the Giants didn't address a RB through FA. Those guys you mentioned would all be over paid. The Giants can look to address their concern through the draft and there's a LOT of good backs this year IMO.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

We need someone in the draft, unless Da'Rel Scott is the RB version of Victor Cruz.

Depending on Bradshaw is a complete crapshoot.

Comment

I get the fact that from the moment a RB enters the league and starts getting hit he'll, " never be the same again" but what else is going on with AB?

Comment

im not worried AB was a late round draft pick, we can find another serviceable back (and maybe a great 1) in the draft.. I think we'll be ok. we can also wait and get a lingering FA RB on the cheap ...

Comment

[quote user="Aperspective"]I have recently heard that Bradshaw may never be 100% again. The Giants do not have a guy behind him who is close to a serviceable replacement. I understand Jacobs wasnt the guy but not signing Hillis, Bush or Tolbert is looking bad right now. I have also heard we may take 2 rb's in the draft. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Where did you hear all this? Fathers brothers wives husband?

Giants had no cap room to sign any of those players you mentioned btw.

Comment

Meh, the Giants and Patriots have proven you don't need much of a running game to winning championships. I'm fine with the guys on the roster and wouldn't mind seeing them use a later round pick , or maybe that extra 4th we have, to address the RB position.

Comment

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]Meh, the Giants and Patriots have proven you don't need much of a running game to winning championships[/quote]

packers, colts, and saints too.

Comment

[quote user="Aperspective"]I have recently heard that Bradshaw may never be 100% again. The Giants do not have a guy behind him who is close to a serviceable replacement. I understand Jacobs wasnt the guy but not signing Hillis, Bush or Tolbert is looking bad right now. I have also heard we may take 2 rb's in the draft. Any thoughts?[/quote]

FWIW...Bradshaw hasnt been close to 100% in three years.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I agree there's a lot of good talent at the RB position in the draft this year.

One area of concern with rookie/inexperienced RB's is blitz pick up. Whether it's Scott or a rookie, it's highly likely that they will be a liability in that regard.

I didn't mention Ware because I think he should retire. He's had so many concussions and seems to be on the bad end of a lot of big hits. I don't want the guy sucking his food through a straw for the rest of his life.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Reese has been addressing the RB need. He drafted Scott last year. He gave Jacobs a fair offer.

He will draft someone or he will pluck a RB off another teams practice squad.

Comment

Doug Martin meet the giants, giants meet Doug Martin....

Comment

We should have kept Jacobs -- I think that $2 million was a fair price and affordable. Make cuts somewhere else if you have to.

AB is my favorite player, but they should have asked him to take some sort of cut. He will never be healthy enough for an entire season.

I believe that most of our running problems lay with the o-line, but I can't believe that BJ wasn't worth $2mil for 1 season and that we couldn't afford that. Cut someone else.

Comment

I know that Bradshaw hasnt been 100% in a while and I know that its hard for rookies to learn the right blocking schemes I know Jacobs probably wanted just a little bit more than he deserved and I know that Bush, Tolbert and Hillis were just a million or so out of our range. I think anyone who read the news knows this stuff. What I am saying if all these things are true, what do we do now? The answer which sucks is to draft 1 or 2 and maybe pick up Cedric Benson.

Comment

We'll draft a RB and pick a veteran FA up for the league minimum as a back up -- Addai, Battle, Forsett, Hightower, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X