The Best QB in the NFL is....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Best QB in the NFL is....

Eli is the 4th best QB in the league at best.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I love it. He is either not in the top 100 or is the #1. Id say he is in between. I think he was probably the 4th best in the league last sesaon, behind Rodgers, Brees and Brady. Possible Matt Stafford, but Eli's clutchness gene put him above Stafford, even though Stafford had a RIDICULOUS season with only Megatron to throw to.

Comment

It's hard to tell what criteria they're using. If it's stats, then why is Eli #1, and if it's championships, then what are Vick, Ryan and Rivers doing in there?

Awful list.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]It's hard to tell what criteria they're using. If it's stats, then why is Eli #1, and if it's championships, then what are Vick, Ryan and Rivers doing in there?

Awful list.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Awful list.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Flip Empty"]It's hard to tell what criteria they're using. If it's stats, then why is Eli #1, and if it's championships, then what are Vick, Ryan and Rivers doing in there?

Awful list.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Awful list.

[/quote]

I think it's just the guys opinion(Although Not a very intelligent one)

Ben over Brees? two unproven Rookies over starters? Newton one year over Stafford?

It's why I don't care for these silly list
            "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Eli is the 4th best QB in the league at best.[/quote]

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Comment

Can you put Brady ahead of Eli? Considering Eli has beat him twice in the superbowl?

Comment

#1 Eli Manning"...A 30-touchdown/4,000-yard passer with two Super Bowls in the past five years. Both won with last-minute drives -- and both over Tom Brady. Give me a better recent résumé. You can't....."

Honestly, it's a solid argument.

I can understand if people think Brees or Rodgers should be ranked higher....but Brees **** the bed against the 49ers, and Rodgers **** the bed against the Giants.

In short, Eli's performance has put him in the "Who is #1" debate.

Comment

If you stop before the playoffs begin......no doubt about it.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Eli is the 4th best QB in the league at best.[/quote]

Can you put Brady ahead of Eli? Considering Eli has beat him twice in the superbowl?[/quote]

Looking at their entire careers- yes. Looking at just last year- yes. Just a simple eye test w/o looking at the stats it's obvious to me Brady over Eli.

The NYGs beat the Pats twice. Eli didn't beat Brady ever. IMO he didn't even outplay him in the SB. Brady was a dropped pass from being the SB MVP.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Eli is the 4th best QB in the league at best.[/quote]

Can you put Brady ahead of Eli? Considering Eli has beat him twice in the superbowl?[/quote]

Looking at their entire careers- yes. Looking at just last year- yes. Just a simple eye test w/o looking at the stats it's obvious to me Brady over Eli.

The NYGs beat the Pats twice. Eli didn't beat Brady ever. IMO he didn't even outplay him in the SB. Brady was a dropped pass from being the SB MVP.[/quote]
                        Dumbest argument of the night.

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Eli is the 4th best QB in the league at best.[/quote]

The NYGs beat the Pats twice. Eli didn't beat Brady ever. IMO he didn't even outplay him in the SB. Brady was a dropped pass from being the SB MVP.[/quote]

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]

If you count the playoffs he's still the 4th best QB. You have to rank a QB based on what they've done over their whole career not one playoff run. If you do that putting Eli 4th is generous.

Comment

Your sig and your posts on this subject complement each other very well. If Brady had thrown that pass to Welker half as well as Eli placed that throw to Manningham, Welker would have almost certainly caught the ball. And if that play to Welker had happened, it still doesn't guarantee a win for the Pats. Eli was the better QB that day - he was the better QB in the regular season game of 2011 - and he was the better QB in SB XLII.

I'm not saying that Eli is better than Brady - but you need better ammo if you're going to make the case of Brady over Eli. It is your opinion, not "obvious", that it is Brady over Eli.

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]

If you count the playoffs he's still the 4th best QB. You have to rank a QB based on what they've done over their whole career not one playoff run. If you do that putting Eli 4th is generous.[/quote]

Whole career? Eli's stats stack up very favorably to all of the QB's you'd rank ahead of him at similar points in their careers. He's got two SB rings and two SB MVPs. The only other that you can say that about is Brady, to wit, Eli's taken down in two SBs.

And who are you to create the criteria that this guy is using in his ranking? He said he believes Eli to be the best QB entering the 2012 season. Nothing more, nothing less.

That being said, there isn't a whole hell of a lot separating the top 5 QBs in the NFL, and Eli is legitimately in that discussion. To say otherwise is being ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                                X