Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which team is/was more talented 2007 or 2011 Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which team is/was more talented 2007 or 2011 Giants?

I keep hearing how the 2007 team had more talent and I do not necessarily see it.

QB- Better, Eli is much better than he was in 2007
    WRS- Better
    TE- Tied
    Defense- Slightly worse, not as bad as the stats show
    Special Teams-Better
    Running Game- worse bu the OL has just been revitalized and Bradshaw is back, making Jacobs better

Coaches- 2007 better with Spags

I'd say it's a wash, I'll put my feet up for these last 4 games and see how it goes

Re: Which team is/was more talented 2007 or 2011 Giants?

[quote user="BParcells777"]Defense- Slightly worse[/quote]

LOL

LOL

Comment

I disagree so much on that defense, we have a horrible defense. But of course you can address that issue with the injuries we've had, plus the linebacker situation that we haven't addressed

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"]I keep hearing how the 2007 team had more talent and I do not necessarily see it.

WRS- Better
        TE- Tied
        Special Teams-Better
        Running Game- worse bu the OL has just been revitalized and Bradshaw is back, making Jacobs better

I'd say it's a wash, I'll put my feet up for these last 4 games and see how it goes
        [/quote]

wow. 07...lol

talk to me in 2.5months and if we are still playing for another SB Title then i may rethink it. until then...

Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BParcells777"]Defense- Slightly worse[/quote]

LOL

LOL[/quote]

+1

Slightly....... LOL

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"]I keep hearing how the 2007 team had more talent and I do not necessarily see it.

WRS- Better
            TE- Tied
            Special Teams-Better

[/quote]
            Really?
            someone please take the keyboard away from this moron!!

Comment

You must have also forgotten our running game in 2007 was great. Our running game this year has virtually been nonexistent. As you pointed out, we did better last week, but we have to do it again this week before you can say its fixed.
              Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

I hate how you made an excuse for parts of this team that are worse.

Comment

[quote user="Giantsin04"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BParcells777"]Defense- Slightly worse[/quote] LOL LOL[/quote] +1 Slightly....... LOL[/quote]

I laughed at that too . . . . our current defense is atrocious . . . .

Comment

WRS- Better
                    TE- Tied
                    Special Teams-Better

[/quote]

Do you just posts nonsense trying to get a reaction?

How is our special teams better? Feagles was the best directional punter the NFL has ever seen. Our Kick returns in 2007 were ranked 7th compared to 19th in 2011. So far this year we have made 81 % of our FGs, in 2007 we made 85%. Its not even a close comparison.

Our run game now doesnt compare to 2007 in any way shape or form. We were 4th in the league in 2007, in 2011 we are dead last.

Our WRs are very good now, but they were also very good in 2007.

Our defense is slightly worse? If by "slightly" you mean the difference in being ranked 7th and 29th, ok then we are "slightly worse"

When you lose 3 offensive linemen to injury, its not called "being revitalized."

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Giantsin04"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BParcells777"]Defense- Slightly worse[/quote] LOL LOL[/quote] +1 Slightly....... LOL[/quote]

I laughed at that too . . . . our current defense is atrocious . . . .

[/quote]

Don't confuse talent with overall performance. See eagles.

The 2011 team is much more talented - at least on defense. Barring injury of course. Even then ... our secondary now is much more talented.

Comment

Im not big on the D rankings as they do not take into account a high scoring team like the Giants which gives the ball back to the opponents so much....we only gave up a few TDs to Arron Rodgers.....Eli threw a Pick Six. The cure for this phenomena is to become a ball control team which we might now be with Bradshaw and Jacobs back in form and these two young hunks joining what was a pretty awful run blocking line until Boothe and Petrus were inserted. Black burn with 5 tackles unassisted and a few others involved as well as his pick and pass D considerably strenthened the middle last week.

The special teams in 2007 had trouble covering kicks and had a number of fumbles......Tynes was extremely inaccurate that year and Weatherford adds 10 yds at least to what we had back then. Tynes had a banana slice in 2007.........now he's kickoffs are stronger and FG's are straight as an arrow.....hes come a long way

We did have Strahan that year but did not have JPP thats a wash

I think Ballard is much more of a threat than Boss ever was.......to say the 2007 WRs compared to this groug is ludicrous....this group and Cruz will set Giants all time records for sure

Comment

WRS- Better
                          TE- Tied
                          Special Teams-Better

[/quote]

2007 team had a much better defense: Strahan + LB's. 2007 OL was much better and had a better RB rotation. I think the receiving core is equal: current group is more explosive but not as sure handed. Special teams were slightly better in 2007. Spags was a better, more aggressive Defensive Coordinator.

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"]

WRS- Better
                            TE- Tied
                            Special Teams-Better

[/quote]

2007 team had a much better defense: Strahan + LB's.* 2007 OL was much better and had a better RB rotation.* I think the receiving core is equal:* current group is more explosive but not as sure handed.* Special teams were slightly better in 2007.* Spags was a better, more aggressive Defensive Coordinator.*

[/quote]

Giants Defense is 29th in the NFL. Their rushing offense is 32nd.

2007 team had a much, much better offensive line, and better LB's.....the stats don't lie.

Comment

actually statistics do lie....often

We'll see if this team beats the Patriots handily in the Super Bowl this year and does not need a miracle catch to do it.......maybe you will change your mind

This total season story is yet unwritten

Comment

Working...
                              X