Will Eli hit 5000 yards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Eli hit 5000 yards?

I would love for this to happen. We play the Cowboys twice and I could easily see Eli throw for close to 400 yards against their struggling secondary.

Re: Will Eli hit 5000 yards?

It could happen but he'd have to average 325 ypg the last 4 games. Doable, but I think it ends up being more like 4800. That in it's own is quite a season though! Whatever he throws for, I just hope it leads us into the playoffs. I'll be really disappointed if we have a true collapse and Cowgirls walk away with division because we either gave up or because of their cakewalk schedule Jerry Jones probably paid for.

Comment

If the Giants make the playoffs i'm okay with 5,000 yards.

Comment

Eli's statistical pace this year is ridiculous. Never would I have ever thought Eli would have a legitimate shot at passing for 5,000 yards, something to this day only two quarterbacks have ever done. I don't think he'll reach the mark - he'll probably top around 4700-4800, but it's still mind blowing to me that it's a reachable task.

Comment

I'd rather Eli not have to throw for 5000 yards, maybe the run game can get going and take some of the offensive pressure off Eli.

Comment

I just want to get into the playoffs. No matter how many or few yards Manning compiles in these last 4 weeks. If he passes 5000 and we don't make the playoffs, no one will care/remember. If he passes 5000 and makes the playoffs as well...now that would be ideal.

Comment

I really don't care as long as they make the playoffs.

This league is made for offense. There are 5 QB's that could have 5,000 yards or very close to it.

Comment

If he hits over 5000, then i bet we are not in playoffs because we were behind in games. So, as much as i would love to see that, i would love to see them in playoffs more.

Comment

Considering we play 3 games in Met Life Stadium it might be tough, especially if the weather gets cold and windy.

Comment

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Considering we play 3 games in Met Life Stadium it might be tough, especially if the weather gets cold and windy.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, except I don't call it Met Life staduim. I still say Giants staduim.

Comment

I hope not. If he's putting up that kind of yardage, it usually means we're playing from behind.

But just once, I'd like to see Eli light it up early for something like 4 TDs and 300 yards in the 1st half. That's something that's never part of Coughlin's "game plan".

GO JAI-YANTS!!

Comment

Are you kidding? How often do QBs have 4 TDs and 300 yards in the first half? I don't think anybody this year has done it. Not Brady, not Rodgers and not Brees.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan39"]I would love for this to happen. We play the Cowboys twice and I could easily see Eli throw for close to 400 yards against their struggling secondary.
                          [/quote]

Could happen but for any player or in any period of time it has been a very difficult task. Will be fun seeing Eli's aerial attack in this final stretch .
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

it'd be highly highly highly unlikely but imagine out of all people, if Eli were to be the one to break Marino's single season passing record? Ahead of the always-named Brees/Brady/Rodgers...

Imagine the reactions! I would imagine a lot of dropped jaws and silent confusion....

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]it'd be highly highly highly unlikely but imagine out of all people, if Eli were to be the one to break Marino's single season passing record? Ahead of the always-named Brees/Brady/Rodgers...

Imagine the reactions! I would imagine a lot of dropped jaws and silent confusion....

[/quote]Someone will probably break it, if not all 3/4 of them...

If Eli joined them in that club, it would be an after thought. They say he got lucky, right after they all got on the bandwagon and said he is Elite.
                              Peace,
                              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Working...
                              X