Linval

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linval

This kid is a Beast. Not the best pass rusher but a great run stuffer. 9 solo tackles last game, this guy is a wall. This was his best game in his 2 years, do you guys think he will continue to keep this up? I can't wait to see how he does against Murray.

Re: Linval

Barring any serious injuries and provided he works hard... I think Linval is really gonna be a problem for opposing offenses. Guy as he is is already a monster. Love watching him play.

Comment

[quote user="Slunk3AM"]Barring any serious injuries and provided he works hard... I think Linval is really gonna be a problem for opposing offenses. Guy as he is is already a monster. Love watching him play.[/quote]
      Agreed, I hope Austin follows in his footsteps. If they can both play at a starting caliber we can get rid of Canty. I like the guy but he is definitely way overpaid and taking up money that could be used to repair numerous other problems.

Comment

He is starting to play well. They need him to be that big bodied run stuffer.

Comment

"Linval Joseph is a beast"

There goes his ACL...

Comment

He's looked great. I think Austin has more potential to be a pass rusher but Joseph fills a very important role with this team. You need someone who can clog up the line of scrimmage.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Slunk3AM"]Barring any serious injuries and provided he works hard... I think Linval is really gonna be a problem for opposing offenses. Guy as he is is already a monster. Love watching him play.[/quote]
              Agreed, I hope Austin follows in his footsteps. If they can both play at a starting caliber we can get rid of Canty. I like the guy but he is definitely way overpaid and taking up money that could be used to repair numerous other problems.
              [/quote]

+1
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'm excited for the future! Joseph taking up double teams and Austin running a 4.8 @ 310lbs lol

Comment

This from CBS rapid reports:

Dec. 8, 2011 5:16 p.m. - by Alex Raskin - Fewell impressed by Joseph's 'fire'
                  Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell praised DT Linval Joseph
                  ’s 10-tackle performance against the Packers for the “passion” and
                  “fire” he played with, saying that it was the best he’s seen from
                  Joseph. Fewell says Joseph still shares a role with DT Rocky Bernard and is getting around 35 to 40 snaps per game. Giants RapidReports

Comment

Jospeh's stats are almost identical to Chris Canty despite many fewer snaps.

Canty makes $5.5 mil this year and Jospeh makes $405k
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

"Linval Joseph is a beast"

There goes his ACL...

[/quote]

lol...God let's hope not...lol

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Jospeh's stats are almost identical to Chris Canty despite many fewer snaps.

[/quote]
                        Whose been taking the majority of the double teams this season, Joseph or Canty?

Comment

Game tape from cards game

I'm impressed, lets hope he stays healthy and keeps developing

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Jospeh's stats are almost identical to Chris Canty despite many fewer snaps.

[/quote]
                            Whose been taking the majority of the double teams this season, Joseph or Canty?
                            [/quote]

True Canty's position requires him to line up in a spot forces offenses to double team him more. But that primarily on rushing plays. On passing plays the double is far less common for either, yet Jospeh has 2 sacks to Canty's 1.

Furhtermore, Canty has lined up at end a good number of times which would easily give him the opportunity to make up any stat deficiency he would suffer due to double teams at tackle. And lastly, Jospeh and Canty actually switch quite often depending on the offensive formation. On many plays Jospeh is the guy eating double teams.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Jospeh's stats are almost identical to Chris Canty despite many fewer snaps.

[/quote]
                              [/quote]

True Canty's position requires him to line up in a spot forces offenses to double team him more. But that primarily on rushing plays. On passing plays the double is far less common for either, yet Jospeh has 2 sacks to Canty's 1.

Furhtermore, Canty has lined up at end a good number of times which would easily give him the opportunity to make up any stat deficiency he would suffer due to double teams at tackle. And lastly, Jospeh and Canty actually switch quite often depending on the offensive formation. On many plays Jospeh is the guy eating double teams.

[/quote]

seriously...lets not pretend
                              Canty is some sort of monster. He makes a play here and there when there's a blown assignment on the oline. He takes plays off and gets paid hasomely for it. Talks a big game doesn't back it up and isn't as busy as Joseph.

He needs to take a drastic paycut or get outta dodge.
                              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Working...
                              X