Pro Bowl voting... Cruz snub?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Bowl voting... Cruz snub?

I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly?

No Victor Cruz???

This is absurd, the man deserves pro bowl recognition!

Re: Pro Bowl voting... Cruz snub?

[quote user="jparmer"]I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly?

No Victor Cruz???

This is absurd, the man deserves pro bowl recognition![/quote]

He is our 3rd WR and not a starter. Therefor, he isnt eligible. Same goes for JPP who isnt listed as a starter.

You cant be a pro bowler if you arent a starter.

Kinda silly really, on our entire team there are 3 players I feel deserve Pro bowl consideration: Eli Cruz and JPP.

2 are ineligible.
    sigpic

Comment

Regardless of playing time or productiononly those listed as starters on the depth chart are listed on the fan ballot. I'm not sure when they decide to pull the depth charts for the ballot, though.

However, I believe the players and coaches can choose from everyone in the league, and their votes combine for 66% of the ballot.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="jparmer"]I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly?

No Victor Cruz???

He is our 3rd WR and not a starter. Therefor, he isnt eligible. Same goes for JPP who isnt listed as a starter.

Kinda silly really, on our entire team there are 3 players I feel deserve Pro bowl consideration: Eli Cruz and JPP.

2 are ineligible.
        [/quote]

And Eli will probably get snubbed behind Rodgers Brees and either Stafford , Romo or Ryan.

Comment

Interesting, I didn't know the depth chart thing. That really sucks. Cruz and JPP definitely earned it this year.

Comment

Even though these guys aren't on the ballot I still think they find their way onto the team. Coaches will add players due to injuries and SB players not playing.

It's amazing though that the two most productive players on offense and defense for the Giants aren't even starters.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="jparmer"]I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly?

No Victor Cruz???

2 are ineligible.
              [/quote]Agreed, you could add Nicks, Boley, and even Web.
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

BS cause the packers have jordy Nelson Greg Jennings and Donald Driver on the Ballot

so cruz should be eligable.

Comment

the cowboys have laurent robinson dez bryant and miles austin

Comment

[quote user="bigbluefan1986"]

BS cause the packers have jordy Nelson Greg Jennings and Donald Driver on the Ballot

so cruz should be eligable.

[/quote]

Good call. Didn't notice that.

Comment

the saints have 3 wrs on the ballot as well.

Comment

[quote user="bigbluefan1986"]the saints have 3 wrs on the ballot as well.[/quote]

There are special rules for the Packers and Saints.

Comment

if you care enough use the contact us protion of the nfl.com website located at the bottom left hand corner.. I did.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="jparmer"]I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly?

No Victor Cruz???

2 are ineligible.
                            [/quote]

And Eli will probably get snubbed behind Rodgers Brees and either Stafford , Romo or Ryan.[/quote]

Doubt it. Although they're having a very similar season in numbers, Eli hasn't been bashed the way Romo has. The media has only loved Romo during that two game stretch during the 9ers game and 1st redskins game. He's taken a public beating and hasn't been praised nearly as much as Eli who was at one point called Elite.

Comment

[quote user="bigbluefan1986"]the saints have 3 wrs on the ballot as well.[/quote]

The Saints starting package consists of a TE, a RB and 3 WRs. Our starting package consists of 2 WRs, a FB, RB and a TE.

Its such a stupid distinction.

The 1st time I ever saw this come up was with Charles Haley when he was with the Cowboys. In 1994 he wasnt officially a starter. He only came in on clear passing downs but they put him on the Ballot anyways. I remember it caused a stir of people saying it was Cowboy favoritism. Eventually the boys named him a starter just to avoid the mess.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X