Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi - dont have to redo my contract if you trade for me

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-my-contract/

He basically wants us to give him more money to not start. However, if he goes to a team where he is the full time starter, he will play out his current contract because being a full time starter will give him opportunity to perform for his free agent status at the end of next season. I feel that we make Osi look great and I don't see how he doesn't see that.

Re: Osi - dont have to redo my contract if you trade for me

Ok Osi, hold out all season then see how big a contract you get next year.

Comment

One thing that I have never been sure of -- If Osi holds out this year, does he become a FA for next season or does he still owe a year to the Giants?????

Comment

of course that's his opinion!!! He doesn't care whether we get a 7th round choice (if his contract isn't reworked) or we get a first day pick (if it is reworked).

he's doing what he has to do for him and his family (i respect that), but what a **** show this is becoming.

sigpic

Comment

Osi is Great and the defense is alot better when he is available. He always seems to make the big play when we need it.. I say we draft a DT cut Canty (he is a waste of a huge man) and use some of that money to pay Osi.. Osi should retire a Giant Period!

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]One thing that I have never been sure of -- If Osi holds out this year, does he become a FA for next season or does he still owe a year to the Giants?????[/quote]

If he holds out every season he would remain under contract next year.

I believe he has to play in a minimum of 4 games or something like that.

Comment

[quote user="StarWarsGiant"]. I say we draft a DT cut Canty (he is a waste of a huge man) [/quote]

Canty has been a terrific player for the giants...

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="StarWarsGiant"]. I say we draft a DT cut Canty (he is a waste of a huge man) [/quote]

Canty has been a terrific player for the giants...[/quote]

He's been good, but his play does not validate the compensation we gave him.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="StarWarsGiant"]. I say we draft a DT cut Canty (he is a waste of a huge man) [/quote] Canty has been a terrific player for the giants...[/quote]

And given how thin we are at DT, that would be rediculous.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][He's been good, but his play does not validate the compensation we gave him.
                    [/quote]

free agents rarely do... Im alright with drafting another DT and letting Canty go after this season, but cutting him now with no depth at the position is just asking for trouble.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Ok Osi, hold out all season then see how big a contract you get next year.[/quote]

[Y]
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="CGYgiant"][He's been good, but his play does not validate the compensation we gave him.
                        [/quote] free agents rarely do... Im alright with drafting another DT and letting Canty go after this season, but cutting him now with no depth at the position is just asking for trouble.[/quote]

I would say that 2 high priced free agents (Canty and Boley) turned out to be worth every penny they've been paid.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="CGYgiant"][He's been good, but his play does not validate the compensation we gave him.
                          [/quote]

free agents rarely do... Im alright with drafting another DT and letting Canty go after this season, but cutting him now with no depth at the position is just asking for trouble.[/quote]

Yep I agree, going forward I hope Austin can be our 3-tech. Cutting Canty at the current time would be foolish as we dont have depth but his play has been just adequate. I wonder what JR saw on tape to give him the type of contract we did. I don't think we were expecting him to get to the passer..

Comment

[/quote]

free agents rarely do... Im alright with drafting another DT and letting Canty go after this season, but cutting him now with no depth at the position is just asking for trouble.[/quote]

If we draft Devon Still at DT I don't see them offering Osi anything.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

At this point the Giants have all the leverage because Osi is in a contract year. His agent would be an idiot to have him hold out. He should be seeing it as the season that defines the rest of his financial career. He'll likely never get a chance to make as much money as he will next offseason.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X