Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Wilson highlights! 4.3 speed, 1700 yards, 41" vertical, power and cutting ability!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Wilson highlights! 4.3 speed, 1700 yards, 41" vertical, power and cutting ability!

1709 rushing yards? No wonder why.... Look at his speed. Damnnn he is fast. He can also take kickoffs and the Giants haven't had a decent special team returner in long long time. One of the worst returning teams in the NFL last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bO123KOEM

Re: David Wilson highlights! 4.3 speed, 1700 yards, 41" vertical, power and cutting ability!

He doesn't have 4.3 speed but he is fast.

Comment

Re: David Wilson highlights! 4.3 speed, 1700 yards, 41" vertical, power and cutting ability!

Hella fast, should be exciting get him in a backfield with AB and Scott and that's three guys that can cut and break away with speed. Set him out wide and run a little drag route and tear past the LB on him

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]He doesn't have 4.3 speed but he is fast.[/quote]

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/03/hoki...o-day-workouts

Read the article. He had an undisclosed medical issue while at the combine which explains why he was faster at his pro day.

Comment

[quote user="Snappinnecks"][quote user="buddy33"]He doesn't have 4.3 speed but he is fast.[/quote]

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/03/hoki...o-day-workouts[/quote]

I'll take your word for it but I thought he ran in the high 4.4's at the combine.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profil...son?id=2533035

he led all rb's in 4 of the combine drills, super explosive with serious leg drive. he's got power but likes to use the agility to make people miss. former track star. north south runner which is what we have been missing...loving this pick more and more...

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]He doesn't have 4.3 speed but he is fast.[/quote]

This article said he ran 4.33....

http://www2.wsls.com/sports/2009/aug..._he-ar-374107/

And this article said he ran 4.29....

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/...prospect-notes

* holds the school’s running backs record with a power clean of 341 pounds and national high school triple jump champion....

Comment

Oh he's fast, just saying that they said he ran in the high 4.4's at the combine. Everyone is faster at their pro day.

Comment

DWil also has great hands. He can be a receiving threat in the backfield.

Comment

[quote user="TheBookOfEli"]DWil also has great hands. He can be a receiving threat in the backfield.[/quote]

I keep seeing people write thin but watching a clip from the NFL combine they said he did good in drills but rarely caught the ball at VT.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]Oh he's fast, just saying that they said he ran in the high 4.4's at the combine. Everyone is faster at their pro day.[/quote]

Combine is just one day of running... The difference is minimal between 4.3s and 4.4s. May be he didn't quite get a good jump that day. Now if he ran a 4.55 or 4.6, then you can question his speed.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="TheBookOfEli"]DWil also has great hands. He can be a receiving threat in the backfield.[/quote]

I keep seeing people write thin but watching a clip from the NFL combine they said he did good in drills but rarely caught the ball at VT.[/quote]

Ehh I watched him a few times at Tech and he was dangerous out of the backfield. I've read also in a few draft places that he scares defenders with his ability to catch out of the backfield so I think he has good hands, probably not great hands but better than what we have and with his break away speed think of him one on one with a linebacker. That's pretty killer if you spread him out and run a drag or even a flare out of the backfield

Comment

I feel bad for any defensive back or LB that has to cover him if he is spread out as a WR. David Wilson can break your ankles and juke you, torch you, break your tackle or run you over. I noticed that he had only 22 catches? I am not sure about his hands judging from that but I wouldn't mind seeing a quick screen and him in the open field.

Comment

All these stats are fine and dandy but is he going to keep a blitzer from taking Eli's head off. 1 miss blitz pickup can end Eli's season and the Giants chances of repeating.

Comment

Gone word describes wilson: BULLY!

Very Fast
                              Very Strong
                              Great Balance
                              Very good vision
                              good cut back ability.

That is what I got from this video. I'm very impressed. I now see why Reese had him ahead of Martin.

Comment

Working...
                              X