OL: Baas,Snee, Beatty, Boothe, Locklear, Diehl, Brewer, Petrus

DE: JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi
    DT: Canty, Joseph, Rogers, Austin
    LB: Boley, Rivers, Williams, Blackburn, Herzlich, Jones
    CB: Webster, T2, Prince, Molden, Tryon, Coe/Johnson
    S: Phillips, Rolle, Jones, Sash, Horton
    K: Tynes
    P: Weatherford

If we were to draft needs rest of the draft, 3rd string WR, backup TE, LB and maybe an OL are only positions that need any real depth, probably in that order. We can get Sanu in the 2nd easily or Dwayne Allen who Giants are high on both. We can maybe have Kendricks fall to us, OL are still available could fall back to 63 not many got drafted first round as expected so there will be some falls. We have 6 picks left just give them a damn chance, he was one of best ncaa backs, #1 after contact, he is gonna be a STUD

Re: Why so much hate on Wilson?

'Why"?.........because no matter WHAT the lesson was, idiots never learn.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

VERY well worded.

+1

sigpic

Comment

Simple. People around here hate on every pick we do. I remember the Chicken Littles came out and had the audacity to rip Reese for drafting Jason Pierre Paul from South Florida University. LOL. Personally, I am cool with it. Bradshaw missed time last year, continues to play through injuries, and the rest of these guys we have are totally unproven. When will these guys ever learn that Reese takes care of business?
        sigpic

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]
          Exactly!!
          sigpic

Comment

for the same reason there is so much love for Flenner and so much love for Spiller years ago. The fans follow magazines and think they're scouts.

Comment

The shot of the Giants fans the NFL network showed while announcing the pick summed it up for me. The two giants fan looking at each other and neither having a clue who Wilson was until they said running back and then just kind of nodded. Most of the people complaining admit to have never even seen him play or heard of him before last night.

Comment

Because everyone that's ever touched a football thinks they know more than professional scouts and nfl gm's. If the guy they liked didn't get picked their feelings get hurt. U never see anyone coming back here saying they were completely wrong about JPP or anyone else they didn't like that ends up succeeding.

Comment

i dont dislike the pick, but i dont love it.

dont love it because of recent history:

2000 Ron Dayne - bust

1995 Tyrone Wheatley - bust

have to go all the way back to 1990 for a good 1st pick at #1 rb

1990 Rodney Hampton

Comment

[quote user="jdl"]

i dont dislike the pick, but i dont love it.

dont love it because of recent history:

2000 Ron Dayne - bust

1995 Tyrone Wheatley - bust

have to go all the way back to 1990 for a good 1st pick at #1 rb

1990 Rodney Hampton

[/quote]

[:|] 12 years, 17 years and 22 years qualify as "recent"?

Different GM and HC.....how about comparing JR's recent 1st round picks? Would that not make more sense?

Comment

i knew someone was going to use the word 'recent' and just focus on that.

first round RB picks by the giants. is that better? It doesnt matter that other first rounders were great picks, i am questioning RB's for the giants. The most 'recent' ones (i used recent again) have been horrible.

Comment

Seems kind of silly to doubt Jerry Reese at this point...we should at least let ths play out a bit before getting pissed or worried...

Comment

[quote user="True 2 Blue"]Look at our roster, we have so much damn talent

QB: Eli
                          HB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott
                          FB: Hynoski
                          TE: Bennett, Pascoe
                          WR: Nicks, Cruz
                          OL: Baas,Snee, Beatty, Boothe, Locklear, Diehl, Brewer, Petrus

DE: JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi
                          DT: Canty, Joseph, Rogers, Austin
                          LB: Boley, Rivers, Williams, Blackburn, Herzlich, Jones
                          CB: Webster, T2, Prince, Molden, Tryon, Coe/Johnson
                          S: Phillips, Rolle, Jones, Sash, Horton
                          K: Tynes
                          P: Weatherford

If we were to draft needs rest of the draft, 3rd string WR, backup TE, LB and maybe an OL are only positions that need any real depth, probably in that order. We can get Sanu in the 2nd easily or Dwayne Allen who Giants are high on both. We can maybe have Kendricks fall to us, OL are still available could fall back to 63 not many got drafted first round as expected so there will be some falls. We have 6 picks left just give them a damn chance, he was one of best ncaa backs, #1 after contact, he is gonna be a STUD
                          [/quote]

I like the pick but to some of the guys you mentioned as "talent" havent really shown much at all. A few havent shown anything yet as Giants. Wilson for one...Scott, Petrus, Brewer, Locklear are still guesses. Bennet and Pascoe cold be very mediocre. Rogers and Austin? Molden, Prince, Coe..?

Johnson may not even play in the NFL. Horton?

Lots of what ifs.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="jdl"]

i knew someone was going to use the word 'recent' and just focus on that.

first round RB picks by the giants. is that better? It doesnt matter that other first rounders were great picks, i am questioning RB's for the giants. The most 'recent' ones (i used recent again) have been horrible.

[/quote]

Again....totally different GM and HC. That statement alone says I didn't "just focus on that". A more accurate measuement would be what JR has done in the 1st round.

Comment

The reason why i dont like this pick is because i dont like VA tech running backs. Name one that hastransitioned into the NFL and had a great career.

Comment

Working...
                              X