Running Backs are a dime a dozen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]How bout the Giants and Pats this year, or the Saints and Colts in 2009? Or the Cards and Steelers in 2008?

The 2007 Giants were the last top 10 rushing team to be in a SB. [/quote]

Saints had the 6th ranked running game in 2009.[/quote] Pierre Thomas lead rusher and Chris ivory

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]Pierre Thomas lead rusher and Chris ivory[/quote]

and then they spent a first on Ingram...

Lets not forget they spent a top 5 pick on a HB in Reggie Bush too...

Comment

Like I've said before, I was rooting hard for Doug Martin and was devastated when the Bucs snagged him.

However, the more tape I got to watch on this kid the more I love him. Many people already brought up the fact that Bradshaw is never 100%, Scott still has yet to prove himself, and Ware is Ware.

He's got a few things to learn this offseason but I certainly think he can improve the heck out of our run game, and then the Don Eli can handle the rest.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]Pierre Thomas lead rusher and Chris ivory[/quote]

Lets not forget they spent a top 5 pick on a HB in Reggie Bush too...[/quote]
          And Ingram was hurt all year. Bush didn't live up to the hyp
          He also had injury problems.

Running backs have the highest propensity to get hurt

They are of no value in my book

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]Pierre Thomas lead rusher and Chris ivory[/quote]

They are of no value in my book[/quote]

OK we get it. You dont like the pick, cant you say it and just stop?

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]

well all the teams in the league seem to disagree, apart from the eagles and packers.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]Pierre Thomas lead rusher and Chris ivory[/quote] and then they spent a first on Ingram... Lets not forget they spent a top 5 pick on a HB in Reggie Bush too...[/quote]

That's correct, I stand corrected. Still that's 8 of the 10 SB participants not having a top 10 running game. That's a pretty significant number there.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]

well all the teams in the league seem to disagree, apart from the eagles and packers.[/quote]

Balt, SF etc

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]Pierre Thomas lead rusher and Chris ivory[/quote]

OK we get it. You dont like the pick, cant you say it and just stop?
                    [/quote] sure

Comment

• Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

awesome pick

period

he will be our #1 back by seasons end

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]
                        Balt, SF etc[/quote]

Balt took Jamal Lewis 5th overall in 2000. It was awhile ago, but they have had some good HBs they found in mid rounds since then fortunately for them.

We will see what some of these teams like GB, SF, etc do when they are struggling to find production at the position.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"] They are of no value in my book[/quote] well all the teams in the league seem to disagree, apart from the eagles and packers.[/quote]

What are you basing this off of? You's drafted a RB in the 1st two rounds over the past 5 -6 years?

Just look at how quickly teams are ready to let go of RBs' with even the slightest hint of decline vs. how readily teams are willing to go after injured players at other positions and you can see that teams also believe they can easily find RB talent.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]What are you basing this off of? You's drafted a RB in the 1st two rounds over the past 5 -6 years? [/quote]

yep. if it was not a position of value, teams wouldnt be taking them in the first or 2nd rounds.

As for them having a shorter career, i would agree with that, but does that make the position less valuable? I dont think so, I think it almost makes it more valuable as it becomes a position that you need to fill more often.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]What are you basing this off of? You's drafted a RB in the 1st two rounds over the past 5 -6 years? [/quote] yep. if it was not a position of value, teams wouldnt be taking them in the first or 2nd rounds. As for them having a shorter career, i would agree with that, but does that make the position less valuable? I dont think so, I think it almost makes it more valuable as it becomes a position that you need to fill more often.[/quote]and under the new cba its far more afordable to sign these rooks

Comment

Personally for me, I would have rather grabbed Hill or upshaw with that pick and went after Lamichael James later on......but again, it's all speculation...I trust in Jerry...but the pick suprised me.

Comment

Working...
                                X