What is the draft telling you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the draft telling you?

It's telling me the Giantscoaches/front office thinkissueswith the running game mighthave less to do with the offensive line than I might have believed last season.

Re: What is the draft telling you?

The regular season is coming!

Actually, I think the draft says they don't yet trust Scott or Ware to share the load with Bradshaw who has bad feet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Fans know nothing is what i'm getting from it.

Comment

That we really trust our positional coaches

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Fans know nothing is what i'm getting from it.[/quote]Ha! You hit the nail on the head!!!

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Fans know nothing is what i'm getting from it.[/quote]Bingo.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I think most NFL teams feel the same.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Fans know nothing is what i'm getting from it.[/quote]Bingo.[/quote]Agree.

Comment

it tells me that the giants want to continue the ascention of our run and pass game.
                  that they want to use the 3 wr set as they did last season.
                  That JR is a genius at drafting

that we're keepin osi

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]it tells me that the giants want to continue the ascention of our run and pass game.

that we're keepin osi[/quote]

not really.

The giants used a lot of multiple TE sets on 1st and 2nd down. they ran the ball to set up the pass until late in the game

Comment

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="giantsfan420"]it tells me that the giants want to continue the ascention of our run and pass game.

not really.

The giants used a lot of multiple TE sets on 1st and 2nd down. they ran the ball to set up the pass until late in the game[/quote]

KG has always been a pass to setup the run type guy.
                      We did use a lot of multiple te sets, but i believe we ran a 3 wide set more than a 22 set...

seeing as how Ross and JR said they were heavily contemplating taking Randle at 32 to me implies they felt we needed to add a top shelf WR, for insurance if we cant re0sign one of our two stars and to ensure the offense doesnt skip a beat...

oh yeah we did run a 3 wide set more than the 22, I believe it was 60% or so...but our run game struggled so that could be why.

but to say not really to the idea of wanting to use 3 wr sets is just dead wrong imo...

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]That we really trust our positional coaches[/quote]

THIS X 1000 ... specifically the TE coach and the o-line coach.

the Giants use top picks to add depth to other positions knowing that they have the luxury of bringing in "projects" with the later picks and coaching them up to their potential.

it's really a great thing to see. this organization really knows its strengths.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="giantsfan420"]it tells me that the giants want to continue the ascention of our run and pass game.

not really.

The giants used a lot of multiple TE sets on 1st and 2nd down. they ran the ball to set up the pass until late in the game[/quote]

We did use a lot of multiple te sets, but i believe we ran a 3 wide set more than a 22 set...

seeing as how Ross and JR said they were heavily contemplating taking Randle at 32 to me implies they felt we needed to add a top shelf WR, for insurance if we cant re0sign one of our two stars and to ensure the offense doesnt skip a beat...

oh yeah we did run a 3 wide set more than the 22, I believe it was 60% or so...but our run game struggled so that could be why.

but to say not really to the idea of wanting to use 3 wr sets is just dead wrong imo...[/quote]

i guess they "Want" too

but just the way they played in games last year. the green bay game... multiple TE sets nearly all game except on 3rd down. same thing with atlanta playoff game. arizona game etc

Comment

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="giantsfan420"]it tells me that the giants want to continue the ascention of our run and pass game.

not really.

but to say not really to the idea of wanting to use 3 wr sets is just dead wrong imo...[/quote]

i guess they "Want" too

but just the way they played in games last year. the green bay game... multiple TE sets nearly all game except on 3rd down. same thing with atlanta playoff game. arizona game etc[/quote]

we ran a 3 wr set about 60% of the time according to Cosell...vs GB we ran 3 wr set way more than the 22 set, vs Atlanta the same...

cruz had 80 something catches, nicks 70 plus catches, MM 40 plus catches...its why Randle was on there radar in the 1rst...but again, that could be bc our run game struggled.

edit-probably has to do with the fact we trailed at one point almost every game...

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]That we really trust our positional coaches[/quote]Yup there we go with another late round OT. McCants is above average value here at the end of the 6th. We use our early picks on playmakers and then trust our positional coaches like Pope and Flaherty to make the late round guys solid players for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X