I'm Sorry....Kiwi Is Good But He Didn't Deserve An Extension Over Osi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Sorry....Kiwi Is Good But He Didn't Deserve An Extension Over Osi

Kiwi contributes to the game....Osi changes the game!
    Just my humble opinion.
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Re: I'm Sorry....Kiwi Is Good But He Didn't Deserve An Extension Over Osi

Does Osi play LB?

Comment

Osi is a LB/DE hybrid and a HUGE part of our team

He gets better every year at LB

Osi deserves a new deal too and I hope he gets it but this topic makes no sense.
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

10 million guaranteed I did find a bit high though...

Comment

Kiwi does what is asked of him, keeps his mouth closed, and plays well.

Glad to see him get the extension.

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]10 million guaranteed I did find a bit high though...[/quote]I yeah it makes me believe Osi is gone for sure and the Giants didnt want to risk losing both. Osi 's skill set is far more valuable

Comment

If you said Victor Cruz instead of Osi, I might have assisted with you on that. lol...

Comment

Osi has been offered an extension by our GM twice, and is holding out for more money.

Kiwi has always just done his job. no moaning about being moved to LBer, he could have whined and said he wasn't making the move because DEs typically get paid more than OLBers .

He's just shown up and done his job, presenting no distraction to this club.

Management is making a statement with this extension.

Talent alone doesn't force their pen.
                sigpic

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Osi is a LB/DE hybrid and a HUGE part of our team

He gets better every year at LB

Osi deserves a new deal too and I hope he gets it but this topic makes no sense.
                  [/quote]
                  This topic makes 100% sense because if Osi were to go, then the expectation is that Kiwi would move back to DE full time. I'd rather have Osi full time than Kiwi as either a hybrid or a full time DE because Osi is a dominant pass rusher. While Kiwi is good as a pass rusher, Osi is excellent at it.

And if an extension is being given to someone else on the D, or the team, that means that there will be less money for Osi because of cap space.

This is no knock against Kiwi and to be honest, I wouldn't pay Osi $10mil per year because of the options (i.e. Kiwi) that we have, but if we could keep Osi for $8 or $9mil per year then I hope we can get do it and hope that Kiwi's contract doesn't prevent us from resigning Osi.

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]Osi has been offered an extension by our GM twice, and is holding out for more money.

Kiwi has always just done his job. no moaning about being moved to LBer, he could have whined and said he wasn't making the move because DEs typically get paid more than OLBers .

He's just shown up and done his job, presenting no distraction to this club.

Management is making a statement with this extension.

Talent alone doesn't force their pen.[/quote]

right now Osi has only been a distraction to the fan base not the organization or players, i think they harped on this during the season

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                    @Katdaddyjay 17h
                    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]This topic makes 100% sense because if Osi were to go[/quote]

Like I said, this topic makes no sense.

If Osi wasn't going to be a Giant this season he would of been traded during the second round of the draft.
                      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]Osi has been offered an extension by our GM twice, and is holding out for more money. Kiwi has always just done his job. no moaning about being moved to LBer, he could have whined and said he wasn't making the move because DEs typically get paid more than OLBers . He's just shown up and done his job, presenting no distraction to this club. Management is making a statement with this extension. Talent alone doesn't force their pen.[/quote]

right now Osi has only been a distraction to the fan base not the organization or players, i think they harped on this during the season
                        [/quote]This! A lot of hyper-sensitive fans are doing morewhining about Osi's whining than he is about his contract.He can say whatever the f... he wants, I couldn't care less,as long as he keeps playing lights out.

Comment

From Reese interview today:

Q: There was some speculation that Osi might be
                          traded. Was that even explored at all on your side?

A: All options are open with respect to that. Our first choice
                          with respect to Osi is that he will play for the Giants and retire as a Giant.
                          That is what we would like to happen. Osi has been offered an extension
                          two years in a row now. So we would still like to make it work.
                          Hopefully it will work out. But all of our options are always open.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...2-ecc79ccb8d41

Comment

with the cap space we gained by extending Kiwi (3 mil) we very well could figure that into extending osi so he can retire a giant...

def. fine with the extension bc not only do we keep a cog in our defense, it cleared cap space

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]with the cap space we gained by extending Kiwi (3 mil) we very well could figure that into extending osi so he can retire a giant...

def. fine with the extension bc not only do we keep a cog in our defense, it cleared cap space[/quote]

+1. This might be the only relation between a Kiwi and Osi extension. Other than that they are two different players at two different positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X