Too many OT's that are 'projects'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many OT's that are 'projects'

We now have Brewer, Mosely and McCants. Theres no way all 3 make the team. None of them are ready to play this year so we cant have them taking up 3 roster spots. I figure McCants ends up on the practice squad.

Re: Too many OT's that are 'projects'

I don't know about Brewster, the analysts said last year he was a one year project and that year is up. Aside of the possibility of Diehl moving to RT I expect JB competing for the RT job. The new guys ? They have a good chance to develp specially Mosley and I easly could see him filling up the RT or maybe even LT in case of an emergency or sudden injury, short term till the horses heal and come back.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Thank you coach for the update. The rule is you draft 3 and hope one works. But what do I know.

Comment

The quality of depth at OL is a bit scary. The stability is comprised of mediocre talent which works ok together but the stats indicate Eli was hit and rushed a lot.

Let's hope it's not a 2001 repeat in which it's a Superbowl team while the wheels finally fell off the OL.

Comment

I like the fact that Reese drafted two but I would have like one sooner. With the right coaching one or both may help the giants in the near future
          The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Well giants usually take 9 guys into the season, i think its possible they take Petrus + Brewer + the two rookies.

Can probably fit 10 OL on the active roster. Locklear and Diehl have to be concerned with their jobs, IMO.

Comment

[quote user="river555"]We now have Brewer, Mosely and McCants. Theres no way all 3 make the team. None of them are ready to play this year so we cant have them taking up 3 roster spots. I figure McCants ends up on the practice squad.[/quote]

I don't think a late 6th round guy ending up on the PS is the worst thing in the world, or unusual at all. Brewer goes in as a starter or backup, Mosley hopefully makes the team and will be on the inactive list most games, and McCants either makes the team or goes on the PS. I don't see why you guys try to make up problems when there aren't any.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Well giants usually take 9 guys into the season, i think its possible they take Petrus + Brewer + the two rookies.

Can probably fit 10 OL on the active roster. Locklear and Diehl have to be concerned with their jobs, IMO.[/quote]

Ive never liked Diehl

Comment

[quote user="moecoastie"]

Ive never liked Diehl [/quote]

I love everything about Diehl, that he is durable, he plays his butt off, he can play any position on the OL. But I dont think he is a LT, and I do think he struggled really badly last season at both LT and LG.

I think they move him to RT, and let him compete against Brewer and Locklear.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="moecoastie"]

I love everything about Diehl, that he is durable, he plays his butt off, he can play any position on the OL. But I dont think he is a LT, and I do think he struggled really badly last season at both LT and LG.

I think they move him to RT, and let him compete against Brewer and Locklear.[/quote]

Deihl has been struggling at LT for years. Last year proved he struggles at LG as well.

Comment

[quote user="moecoastie"][quote user="slipknottin"]Well giants usually take 9 guys into the season, i think its possible they take Petrus + Brewer + the two rookies.

Can probably fit 10 OL on the active roster. Locklear and Diehl have to be concerned with their jobs, IMO.[/quote]

Diehl is my favorite ol player, I think maybe you're down on him from his last few years of play. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a good 2012 campaign
                      The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

[quote user="river555"]We now have Brewer, Mosely and McCants. Theres no way all 3 make the team. None of them are ready to play this year so we cant have them taking up 3 roster spots. I figure McCants ends up on the practice squad.[/quote]
                        I think I read TC saying that he expects Mosley to compete for starting at LG.

Comment

It's very hard to get a starting tackle in late rounds. I wish we would for once draft one early.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Well giants usually take 9 guys into the season, i think its possible they take Petrus + Brewer + the two rookies.

I really think Petrus is ready to start at guard.

Comment

Locklear was veteran insurance for the RT position. I think the staff wants Brewer to win the position. If any of these kids show they are ready to be a full time backup then Locklear is gone.

I think Diehls play at LT last year was passable and Beatty wasn't much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X