• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3 Towers

Reuben Randle *- *6'4"
    Damian Davis - 6'5"
    Ramses Barden - 6'6"

If one of these 3 receivers pans out, the "Plax" factor is back without the attitude.

Re: The 3 Towers

I dont understand why this forum gets so obsessed with receivers with height.

Nicks is the best receiver the giants have ever had, and hes 6'1. How about we find the next Nicks instead?

Randle is exactly 2" taller than Nicks, for reference.

Comment

Nicks plays like he's 6'6"

Comment

Correction:

Reuben Randle - 6'3"

Not much of a difference. He has a solid frame. I'm with slip though. Heck, I'd take a Steve Smith (The really real one) over 99% of the receivers in the league. Height isn't everything.

Comment

[quote user="mercurig"]Reuben Randle *- *6'4"
          Damian Davis - 6'5"
          Ramses Barden - 6'6"

If one of these 3 receivers pans out, the "Plax" factor is back without the attitude.[/quote]Who is Damian Davis? One of the UDFAs?
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]I dont understand why this forum gets so obsessed with receivers with height.

Nicks is the best receiver the giants have ever had, and hes 6'1. How about we find the next Nicks instead?

Randle is exactly 2" taller than Nicks, for reference.[/quote]
            And Cruz is barely over 6'. How you play is definitely much more important than how tall you are.

Comment

I still like a tall receiver for the corner of the end zone.

Comment

cut the guy some slack. i know plex was a decade ago (feels like it) but that was a thing of beauty, the jump ball over two db's with plex coming down with it for a TD...its not a shot at Nicks or any wr we have.

having a big wr who can play is a luxury that can be pivotal in certain situations. Randle plays and is more like Nicks imo then Plex anyways...Barden experiment is reaching critical mass, he'd better show something and fast

Comment

I guess people think if your tall then you can catch and run too..Nicks and Cruz are the one of the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.
                  ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

cut the OP some slack. He's got a point about the benefits of having a 6'4" plus receiver catching a fade in the corner of the end zone.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]cut the guy some slack. i know plex was a decade ago (feels like it) but that was a thing of beauty, the jump ball over two db's with plex coming down with it for a TD...its not a shot at Nicks or any wr we have.

having a big wr who can play is a luxury that can be pivotal in certain situations. Randle plays and is more like Nicks imo then Plex anyways...Barden experiment is reaching critical mass, he'd better show something and fast[/quote]
                      Like I said, it's more about how you play than how tall you are. Plax was as good at those plays as much for how he played the ball than because of how tall he was.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="giantsfan420"]cut the guy some slack. i know plex was a decade ago (feels like it) but that was a thing of beauty, the jump ball over two db's with plex coming down with it for a TD...its not a shot at Nicks or any wr we have.

having a big wr who can play is a luxury that can be pivotal in certain situations. Randle plays and is more like Nicks imo then Plex anyways...Barden experiment is reaching critical mass, he'd better show something and fast[/quote]
                        Like I said, it's more about how you play than how tall you are. Plax was as good at those plays as much for how he played the ball than because of how tall he was.
                        [/quote]

good point

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]I dont understand why this forum gets so obsessed with receivers with height.

It's because being tall has an advantage. Calvin Johnson is the best wide receiver in the league. You know why? Because he's 6' 5". Obviously, he's incredibly talented, but he doesn't have more talent than Nicks. That extra four inches allows him to catch a few more balls and allows Stafford to throw it a little bit higher to make it harder for DBs to reach it. Being tall isn't enough, you need talent too. But tall wide receivers have a higher ceiling than short ones.

Comment

[quote user="Giants10Joe"][quote user="slipknottin"]I dont understand why this forum gets so obsessed with receivers with height.

It's because being tall has an advantage. Calvin Johnson is the best wide receiver in the league. You know why? Because he's 6' 5". Obviously, he's incredibly talented, but he doesn't have more talent than Nicks. That extra four inches allows him to catch a few more balls and allows Stafford to throw it a little bit higher to make it harder for DBs to reach it. Being tall isn't enough, you need talent too. But tall wide receivers have a higher ceiling than short ones.
                            [/quote]
                            CJ is not the best WR in the league because he's 6'5". It's because of all his other talents and then because he's tall. Tall is probably the last thing on the list that makes him a great WR.

Also, why then does Nicks have equal or better stats than CJ through equal points in their careers?

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="mercurig"]Reuben Randle *- *6'4"
                              Damian Davis - 6'5"
                              Ramses Barden - 6'6"

If one of these 3 receivers pans out, the "Plax" factor is back without the attitude.[/quote]Who is Damian Davis? One of the UDFAs?[/quote]

Yeah. The TE we drafted is the same height ways about 100 pounds more and still runs a faster 40 time.

Comment

Working...
                              X