Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIANTS' DE OSI UMENYIORA RIPS GM JERRY REESE, SAYING GM IS MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE A "GREEDY PIG"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GIANTS' DE OSI UMENYIORA RIPS GM JERRY REESE, SAYING GM IS MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE A "GREEDY PIG"

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="DVision"]I also find it funny that Osi can go in front of the cameras and on the radio and complain as much as he wants, but JR answers a question brought up to him in a presser involving Osi and he flips![/quote]

Osi wants out and he sees this as the shortest path.
    [/quote]

Osi must think this is the NBA. You can't force teams to trade you in the NFL.

Comment

Re: GIANTS' DE OSI UMENYIORA RIPS GM JERRY REESE, SAYING GM IS MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE A "GREEDY PIG"

[quote user="DVision"]Osi has no leverage whatsoever. He can holdout and lose money on a daily basis, he can come in and ride the bike, he can decide to not play next season. None of them will help him or his cause. Maybe if he would have kept his mouth shut from the beginning, he could play an entire 16 games, and he was open to contributing and doing whatever was asked of him without complaining he'd had received an offer like Kiwi. His best bet is to play out of his mind his final year and look for a good deal as a FA.[/quote]

I agree. What can he possibly gain from all this talk? They already gave him the OK to seek a trade las year and no one would agree to theterms set. Just shut up already

Comment

[quote user="NYG55nwo"]

[quote user="DVision"]Osi has no leverage whatsoever. He can holdout and lose money on a daily basis, he can come in and ride the bike, he can decide to not play next season. None of them will help him or his cause. Maybe if he would have kept his mouth shut from the beginning, he could play an entire 16 games, and he was open to contributing and doing whatever was asked of him without complaining he'd had received an offer like Kiwi. His best bet is to play out of his mind his final year and look for a good deal as a FA.[/quote]

I agree. What can he possibly gain from all this talk? They already gave him the OK to seek a trade las year and no one would agree to theterms set. Just shut up already

[/quote]
        To play devil's advocate, we also don't know what we were asking. If we were asking for a 1st+, then I could see why there weren't many bites.

Comment

[quote user="DVision"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="DVision"]I also find it funny that Osi can go in front of the cameras and on the radio and complain as much as he wants, but JR answers a question brought up to him in a presser involving Osi and he flips![/quote]

[/quote]

Osi must think this is the NBA. You can't force teams to trade you in the NFL.[/quote]

But you can go from a positive force to a distraction and a liability in a nano-second.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="DVision"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="DVision"]I also find it funny that Osi can go in front of the cameras and on the radio and complain as much as he wants, but JR answers a question brought up to him in a presser involving Osi and he flips![/quote]

[/quote]

Osi must think this is the NBA. You can't force teams to trade you in the NFL.[/quote]

But you can go from a positive force to a distraction and a liability in a nano-second.
            [/quote]

You can also go from riding the bike to season ending IR in a nano second!

And again the distraction title is not gonna help him cash in next season!

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Axels15"]Great player

But I'm tired. I wish they would have traded him[/quote]

It's never too late...
              [/quote]
              Osi did warn them to make the trade.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Axels15"]Great player

It's never too late...
                [/quote]
                Osi did warn them to make the trade.[/quote]

What leverage does he have? He didn't warn them, he's begging them.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Axels15"]Great player

It's never too late...
                  [/quote]

So now players dictate to management on how to make moves?

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYG55nwo"]

[/quote]
                    To play devil's advocate, we also don't know what we were asking. If we were asking for a 1st+, then I could see why there weren't many bites.
                    [/quote]

They probably were askin for a 1st or 2ndround. Osi is not the type of player to let go of for a 3rd rounderi mean he is great at what he doesbut at the same time he may not be worth a long term extension and all this moneydue to age. tough situation.

Comment

[quote user="DVision"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Axels15"]Great player

It's never too late...
                      [/quote]

So now players dictate to management on how to make moves?[/quote]
                      No, I don't approve of it but just stating that he did warn, or beg as Roanoke pointed out.

Personally, I want him to stay and at least finish out this contract.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="DVision"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Axels15"]Great player

It's never too late...
                        [/quote]

So now players dictate to management on how to make moves?[/quote]
                        No, I don't approve of it but just stating that he did warn, or beg as Roanoke pointed out.

Personally, I want him to stay and at least finish out this contract.[/quote]

That's still a possibility. But if they make him honor his contract and he refuses to play he is flushing his career down the drain, IMO.

Comment

[quote user="DVision"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Axels15"]Great player But I'm tired. I wish they would have traded him[/quote]

It's never too late...
                          [/quote] Osi did warn them to make the trade.[/quote] So now players dictate to management on how to make moves?[/quote]

yeah I don't think giving in to him is the answeryou can't let players run your business...they are putting what ever happens all on him which is the right thing to do ....Heneeds tohonor his contract if he doesn't like what they are offering....

Comment

They should just trade him to miami for jake long and we reconstruct jake longs contract and call it a day. There was a time in my life when I loved Osi but now hes really just annoying me he doesnt understand once a Giant always a Giant. Greedy basA**d. Shouldnt have signed your contract if you knew you would exceed it. Im sorry but these players make way too much money to not honor there contracts. The nfl should change it to where if you sign it you must play through or be sued point blank this is getting annoying.

Comment

Had Osi said this during draft day he was definitly outta here,now can anyone say Jeremy Shockey

Comment

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]They should just trade him to miami for jake long and we reconstruct jake longs contract and call it a day[/quote]
                                Hell yes if that was possible. Long is worth more though.

Comment

Working...
                                X