Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any indepth thoughts/reports on Adrien Robinson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any indepth thoughts/reports on Adrien Robinson?

He is extremely intriguing with his massive size and really good timed speed. I know he is primarily a "blocking TE", but is there any idea that this kid has the ability to become an every down TE?

Also, When Orson Charles went off the board 11 picks infront of us, I really think the Giants were upset and had to possibly "stretch" to get this kid at the end of round 4. IMO.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Any indepth thoughts/reports on Adrien Robinson?

Comment

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]He is extremely intriguing with his massive size and really good timed speed. I know he is primarily a "blocking TE", but is there any idea that this kid has the ability to become an every down TE?

Also, When Orson Charles went off the board 11 picks infront of us, I really think the Giants were upset and had to possibly "stretch" to get this kid at the end of round 4. IMO.[/quote]

Adrien Robinson is a receiving TE first, then a blocking TE. He wasn't featured as part of Cincy's offense but that in itself doesn't mean much.

He has very good speed for a TE (4.58 40) and good hands. Has room to add some weight to this frame. At 6'4 he's not a monster but he's a great size for a TE and wears it well (and he's already playing at 265).

I agree that he might have been a reach since he wasn't rated highly (borderline UFDA).
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

There is no way he was a border line UFDA and the Giants took him in the 4th rond.

Comment

Kind of seems like Visanthe Shiancoe all over again.

He will be a guy to keep an eye, and this will be yet another test for Coach Pope, who has really risen to the occasion with all of the TE Projects we have sent his way recently.

Comment

Are there any video(s) of this guy?

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]There is no way he was a border line UFDA and the Giants took him in the 4th rond.[/quote]

Go look up his draft grades.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]Kind of seems like Visanthe Shiancoe all over again.

He will be a guy to keep an eye, and this will be yet another test for Coach Pope, who has really risen to the occasion with all of the TE Projects we have sent his way recently.
                [/quote]

That's kind of what I got out of the pick as well.

Comment

After what I've seen Pope do with a Western Oregon prospect (Boss), no-name practice squad player (Pascoe), and an over-looked, low reception TE (Ballard) I have no doubt Robinson would get on the right track in New York.

Comment

He is a project for sure.

Comment

i loved hearing Jerry talk about him

i watched Cinci probably twice last year ... vs. RU and one other game

didn't notice the guy to be honest

but hearing Jerry say ... 270, 4.5 and long, long arms ... sounds very intriguing

we have been using backup Tackles and lining them up at TE is some BIG packages ... maybe he can play some of that role while we develop him

Comment

i think we realized with the ballard and beckum experiments that it's easier to teach a big bodied TE to run routes and catch passes, than it is to teach an undersized receiving TE how to block.

beckum is simply too small to be an effective blocker. i think it's easier for pope to take a big guy with some blocking skills, and make those skills better as well as developing their route and receiving skills.

Comment

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]After what I've seen Pope do with a Western Oregon prospect (Boss), no-name practice squad player (Pascoe), and an over-looked, low reception TE (Ballard) I have no doubt Robinson would get on the right track in New York.[/quote]

right. i think they just love his build and coach pope is the best out there, so they know he can mold him. reese called him "JPP like" because of his size and potential so lets hope he can turn out just as well.

Comment

He's raw and Reese has referred to him as being JPP like with his athletic ability.

I think Pope can work his magic with Bennet and Robinson and people will be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Watch him for Cincy, he never even runs routes. Hes there as a move blocker for the run game.

Hard to base anything off what he did in college. But the times they did let him run routes and throw to him he made big plays. He was a pretty good blocker too, definitely needs technique work, but he probably is already a better blocker than beckum. And beckum has had 3 years under Pope.

Comment

Working...
                              X