Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how David Wilson is a reach??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can someone explain to me how David Wilson is a reach??

[quote user="slipknottin"]Unless you know every teams draft boards there is no such thing as a reach, or for that matter, great value.

For instance, Wilson could have been rated a mid first round pick on 10 different teams boards.

Yet Rueben Randle could have been rated a 4th round pick on 30 teams boards.[/quote]Most accurate statement in this thread.

Comment

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="TuckYou"]

I'm not saying Wilson won't perform well for us, but I feel like there were other players that have a way higher upside that we passed up on. AKA Courtney Upshaw. He will be a star in this league.

Could of got a player like Turbin in the 3rd or Polk LATE. Bradshaw is still our starter. Ware most likely is our backup incase AB gets injured again because Coughlin trusts him right now, unlike Wilson who has a fumbling issue. Until that is resolved, he wont see more then Scott did last year.

[/quote]

you also complained about JPP....aand every one of our other 1st round picks as well. David Wilson is going to be a top 10 rb in the NFL 2 years from now. The kid is special.
      [/quote]

Wrong. I admittedly did not like the JPP pick, but I didnt like it in person, never complained about him on here. I loved the Nicks pick. I loved the Phillips pick. I also loved the Ron Dayne pick.

I hope you and jerry are right about the Wilson pick. IMO, in order for that pick to be a success, he needs to be top 10 in the league at least.

[/quote]

I just don't follow your reasoning. Why does he need to be top ten in the league for the pick to get your approval? How many of the 32 first round picks will be top ten in the league? Do you mean next year or at. some point in their career?
      [/quote]

Yeah, career. At some point through his career I would hope him to be a playmaker and a top 10 back.

Comment

Some says he 's a reach but I believe the Giants' track record on drafting talent is something to be noticed. Yeah, you have your Ron Daynes or Tyrone Wheatleys but overall . . . . . .Rodney Hampton, Dave Meggett, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Ryan Grant and above all the late round draft pick, Ahmad Bradshaw.

I have to be honest and state that I didn't like the Tiki Barber pick but this guy was butter. EA and Jerry Reese success rate at drafting has to be one of the highest. (Steelers, Patriots, maybe Ravens)

Comment

also because rex ryan didnt draft him.

Comment

He looks small to me.

Comment

It is obvious that he would have been a reach. You see, in the draft table all the scouts, coaches, and management were sitting in a big circle talking about drafting this or that player, but when they realized that they wanted to get Wilson, his name was way in the middle of the table. And because everyone was half-drunk and bloated, like Coughlin usually is, they had to reach hard to get his name from the middle of that huge table. I am sure that Gilbride wet his pants while his new running back's name was being called... because you can't, but to loosen yourself in order to reach so hard in such a high pressure situation... that explains why their belts were undone in the press conference.

Comment

when he leaps from the 5 yd line, does a mid air superman over a lb, and sticks the ball out as far as he can over the pylon, he will have reached to score the TD...hopefully many many times...

Comment

He's not a reach -- he's talented enough to be picked at # 32. I think some just think very strongly that we should have taken Fleener or an OT, but I'm fine with Wilson because we needed a younger RB to help Bradshaw out.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]He is a reach because his name is not Martin, Fleener, or Hill.[/quote]We will see in the long run of these 5 which has the better career stats
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="buddy33"]He is a reach because his name is not Martin, Fleener, or Hill.[/quote]We will see in the long run of these 5 which has the better career stats[/quote] I have a feeling it will be Wilson
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]He is a reach because his name is not Martin, Fleener, or Hill.[/quote]
                        Really.....

There has been way too much love on this forum for Doug Martin.

Many people had Wilson ranked the 2nd best RB behind Richardson.

In the case of Stephen Hill, how come he lasted 11 picks into the 2nd round? Did all those teams reach for those 11 picks?

How come some of those 11 teams (who you think would need a speedy WR) like the Rams, Jaguars, Bills, and Dolphins not pick Hill?

Comment

Working...
                        X