Eli is elite will not be promode by espn98.7fm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli is elite will not be promode by espn98.7fm

that's because Eli will not be on the michael kay show this season..not Eli's decision but its coming from above like John Mara..espn turned to Cruz to do a weekly spot but he said he's not allowed to be on the Jets radio network..this is very petty by the Gmen who i did not think would stoop so low..its not fair to Cruz who could use the xtra bucks as he's a minimum salaried NFL player

Re: Eli is elite will not be promode by espn98.7fm

This version of Giants ownership seems petty and spiteful. I could never see Wellington and Preston doing this or engaging in comments like John did with the Jets and Cowboys this offseason.
    I miss the class and dignity that the old school brought.

Comment

This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!
        [/quote]

In general I may agree RF, but if we are really going to be the classy guys of NY we should be above this. Especially when it comes to Cruz, if I was the owners I'd be letting him do whatever he could to make some extra green, of course so long as it doesn't tarnish the image of the G-Men and I don't think this does.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with not having your 2x SB MVP not doing a weekly spot on the Jets flagship station.

However he better atleast be doing a spot for WFAN.

Comment

[quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!
            [/quote]

In general I may agree RF, but if we are really going to be the classy guys of NY we should be above this. Especially when it comes to Cruz, if I was the owners I'd be letting him do whatever he could to make some extra green, of course so long as it doesn't tarnish the image of the G-Men and I don't think this does.
            [/quote]

If the Jets are making residual income off of Giants appearing on the ESPN 98.7, then screw them. As RF said, sometimes you just have to say enough. Turning the other cheek doesn't mean taking it up the ***, either.

Comment

pat hanlon

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]This version of Giants ownership seems petty and spiteful. I could never see Wellington and Preston doing this or engaging in comments like John did with the Jets and Cowboys this offseason.
                I miss the class and dignity that the old school brought.[/quote]
                That's because Wellington didn't really have to deal with Double **** and then Rex Ryan on top of that.

Comment

[quote user="alau53"]that's because Eli will not be on the michael kay show this season..not Eli's decision but its coming from above like John Mara..espn turned to Cruz to do a weekly spot but he said he's not allowed to be on the Jets radio network..this is very petty by the Gmen who i did not think would stoop so low..its not fair to Cruz who could use the xtra bucks as he's a minimum salaried NFL player[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Cruz has picked up plenty of deals else where.

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't listen to sports radio?
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]
                      If the Jets are making residual income off of
                      Giants appearing on the ESPN 98.7, then screw them. As RF said,
                      sometimes you just have to say enough. Turning the other cheek doesn't
                      mean taking it up the ***, either.
                      [/quote]

Your crying in the
                      rain kid. Vic making extra cash on the side doesn't mean the Giants
                      organization is taking it up the ***. Put down the whiskey and pick up
                      some Prozac.

I'm pretty sure Cruz has picked up plenty of deals else where.

With what he gives the team, and what he's getting paid now we should
                      be allowing him to pick up any side lettuce that he wants with his main
                      course, so long as it doesn't make the Giants organization look like a
                      punch of putz. And sorry but I don't see one of our players being on
                      Jets Radio suddenly turning us into the Saints.

Comment

yes probably. haha. i haven't heard any real music on the radio for years now. dont know what life would be without sports radio. whats music like nowadays anyway? cant remember hearing any songs other than on commercials since tupac died. guess i just live a sheltered sports centered life. lol.

Comment

I hardly think this makes the owners petty. John Mara is awesome! Plain and simple. I don't see the Mets sending their star players to do a weekly show on YES... oh wait.. bad example. But you get my point. If they had a star player, I don't think they would go to YES to do a TV Show.
                          If you want to hear Eli tune into that a.m. station. If you want to hear Rex, go with that f.m. one. Seems pretty simple.

Comment

[quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="Drez"]
                            If the Jets are making residual income off of
                            Giants appearing on the ESPN 98.7, then screw them. As RF said,
                            sometimes you just have to say enough. Turning the other cheek doesn't
                            mean taking it up the ***, either.
                            [/quote]

Your crying in the
                            rain kid. Vic making extra cash on the side doesn't mean the Giants
                            organization is taking it up the ***. Put down the whiskey and pick up
                            some Prozac.

[/quote]
                            If after all the disrespect the Jets have shown us, why should management do anything to allow the Jets extra income?

Comment

I do think the move is kind of petty, but if it adds up to creating a true radio home for the Giants where this content and more lives, go for it.

NYC needs a dedicated Giant/Yankee friendly sports talk station.
                              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X