Shaun Rogers TD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Rogers TD

Now that he's a giant I thought it would be a fitting time to bring out this old gem:

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfN5JfjM3LQ&feature=related[/link]

Every big man's dream. Not sure he has another one of these in him, but still fun to watch.

Re: Shaun Rogers TD

If he has anything left in his tank and is motivated he could be a real nice addition to our d-line.

Comment

I love this pickup. I think his TD run is the funniest play I've ever seen. My son was 8 when he seen it, he still talks about that play. He asks me" who was the fat guy who stiff armed that little guy like a rag doll". Great play. Rogers could really clog up the middle. That could be huge, push the QB back into our wide rushers. Great addition

Comment

the thing that is going to enhance the level of rodgers play is the fact he'll be lining up next to all pro DE's and DT's...when he was at the peak of his game, he was "the guy" on the DL that teams had to account for, he took much of their attention. and for most of his career he still dominated.

now he'll have the luxury of getting a lot of 1v1 matchups which aint no C or G is gonna contain him, i dont care how far along he is in his career...love the pickup

Comment

If Rogers is healthy, motivated and is able to keep his weight where it needs to be for him to play effectively he'll do well here.

Biggest benefit for him is that he'll always be in a rotation and it'll help keep him fresh.
          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

When did we sign him?
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]When did we sign him?[/quote]I think it was the day before the draft started
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

dude was a beast, if he has anything left in the tank this is a great addition. I remember him man handling people when he was with Cleveland.

Welcome to NYG BIG BABY!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yE_X...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW86a...eature=related

Comment

Thanks for posting the video. That stiff arm at the end was awesome.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

When I first started watching football in 2008 I saw the woeful Browns and Romeo Crennel a lot for some reason. I thought Rogers was an absolute beast, then he disappeared. Seriously, what happened to him?

Comment

[quote user="EJ Blue"]When I first started watching football in 2008 I saw the woeful Browns and Romeo Crennel a lot for some reason. I thought Rogers was an absolute beast, then he disappeared. Seriously, what happened to him?
                      [/quote]

he's been on pretty terrible teams, and the DL that surrounded him wasnt exactly stacked. teams could throw 3 guys at him and not worry much about the rest of the dl

he was a monster and it was usually always against a double and sometimes triple teams.
                      i remember the 08 loss to cleveland when we were on an absolute tear through the league, Rogers continued to collapse the pocket and get push vs our entire interior line at times, it was ridiculous

Comment

Eli was one of the people he mandhandled. I still remember him slamming Eli when they played in 2008. Believe he was flagged and Eli was slightly injured (not to come out of the game, but they were working on his shoulder on the sideline)

Comment

This pickup is gonna be awesome. IMO the best part of this pickup is the fact he will be able to not be an every down player. He will be able to give everything he has on the downs he DOES play. The guy doesn't seem lazy just got worn out I think.
                          I have a very good feeling about this pickup.

JPP, Joseph, Rogers, Tuck
                          or JPP, Canty, Rogers,Tuck
                          or JPP,Canty,Joseph,Tuck
                          or Osi,JPP, Tuck, Kiwi.

My lord...this is not even figuring in Marvin Austin if he is even close to what we drafted him as.
                          I am so pumped to see this D.

Comment

He sure was one of my favorite Dlineman a few years back, so I hope that he can at least show signs of what he was all about. He is more of an experiment at this point, but it is great to see him in Blue.

Comment

Working...
                            X