And Hixon goes Where?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Hixon goes Where?

First off Hixon is gutsy player who wants back in but where does he fit on the roster and can we use his pay else where even if its minimal.
    He was picked 130th in 2006 by the Broncos and hurt his foot and didn't play at all that year. We get him and, due to 2 season ending knee injuries, he played, only 48 games in 5 years. He had only 838 yds in receptions or 17yds per game avg.
    He was a good return man and we wanted to see him get the ball but with our lack of a good return game I think anyone who gets to the 35 will look great. Besides, the change in kickoff placement is making this almost a touch back leauge.
    In posts here guys are talking about the 3rd guy being JJ, Barden or the rookie. Haven't heard Hixon's name mentioned. I really hope the best for Hixon but even at this point, he's not fully cleared and hasn't taken any contact reps. Any ideas, I know people will mention him in the slot but but I think we can cover that.

Re: And Hixon goes Where?

Two major injuries to the same knee in just a little over a year is nothing to take lightly.

I do have my doubts, but I hope he proves me wrong. They are getting better and better at these types of surgeries, but I never heard about a situation like his. I trust the medical staff. He may not be ready to start the season but they hold on to him for later in the season.

Don't forget they just drafted two guys that can run back kicks.

Comment

Hixon is great depth at WR. Until he proves he has recovered and can win the 3rd spot like last year, he is just that...great depth.

Comment

[quote user="Spedracer"]Hixon is great depth at WR. Until he proves he has recovered and can win the 3rd spot like last year, he is just that...great depth.[/quote]This, and until proven otherwise he is by far the best KR/PR that we have. The others we have tried so far have been bad to mediocre at best. Hope he can stay healthy.

Comment

Have to agree, Special Teams is where he will be needed, good for coming in as 3rd guy on offense, but Giants really need to sure up their return game.

Hixon on one leg would have beat out everyone who has tried to replace him.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="jints1964"]First off Hixon is gutsy player who wants back in but where does he fit on the roster and can we use his pay else where even if its minimal.
            He was picked 130th in 2006 by the Broncos and hurt his foot and didn't play at all that year. We get him and, due to 2 season ending knee injuries, he played, only 48 games in 5 years. He had only 838 yds in receptions or 17yds per game avg.
            He was a good return man and we wanted to see him get the ball but with our lack of a good return game I think anyone who gets to the 35 will look great. Besides, the change in kickoff placement is making this almost a touch back leauge.
            In posts here guys are talking about the 3rd guy being JJ, Barden or the rookie. Haven't heard Hixon's name mentioned. I really hope the best for Hixon but even at this point, he's not fully cleared and hasn't taken any contact reps. Any ideas, I know people will mention him in the slot but but I think we can cover that.
            [/quote]

If/when healthy, Hixon should probably beat out all of those guys for the #3 spot.

Then in two weeks when his blows his ACL again, it's their turn to step in/up.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jints1964"]First off Hixon is gutsy player who wants back in but where does he fit on the roster and can we use his pay else where even if its minimal.
              [/quote] If/when healthy, Hixon should probably beat out all of those guys for the #3 spot. Then in two weeks when his blows his ACL again, it's their turn to step in/up.[/quote]Unfortunately, that scenario is entirely possible.

Comment

Special teams and WR depth. Hixon is one of the best kick off returners we've ever had. He's better than JJ by a mile.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

[quote user="Spedracer"]Hixon is great depth at WR. Until he proves he has recovered and can win the 3rd spot like last year, he is just that...great depth.[/quote]

They resigned him for a reason

Comment

I am totally not counting on Hixon this season.

When he's healthy he's productive.

But he's injury prone, and is not tough against press coverage.

Whatever happens, happens, but I'm not expecting anything.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]I am totally not counting on Hixon this season.

Whatever happens, happens, but I'm not expecting anything.[/quote]

Even though he holds the franchise record for most all-purpose yards gained in a single game, has great hands and runs great routes?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think we have to see if he is 100% before we start trying to see how he fits in.

Comment

i want hixon returning kicks..they going gaga over wilson but he only averaged 22 yards on k/o..that would put him close to last.wilson goes backwards & loses yardage which will make TC go crazy..not to mention fumbles..cant believe they had wilson rated higher than martin..

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="JMFP2"]I am totally not counting on Hixon this season.

Even though he holds the franchise record for most all-purpose yards gained in a single game, has great hands and runs great routes?
                            [/quote]

Terrible logic.

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="JMFP2"]I am totally not counting on Hixon this season.

[/quote]

Terrible logic.[/quote]

And he's never fumbled in the NFL

What has logic got to do with a statistic? If you want to use logic he's the only receiver behind Nicks and Cruz who has proven NFL skill sets as both a return man, gunner, and receiver.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X