You guys think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys think

If we would have somehow beat you guys in the divisional round you think we would have had a chance to win it all in your opinions? I think we would have honestly. You guys were the team or are the team I dont want to face in the postseason. I felt we could have beaten SF and NE.

Re: You guys think

if u played San Fran the way youu played against us, you would've lost.

If you played the the way that got you to 15-1, you would've won against us and san fran, NE would've been interesting.

Comment

San Fran is/was tough. I would say SF would have had the edge over you guysb/c of youhaving the worst defense. Plus Rodgers was out of focus, not playing like his old self. But who knows? It would have been a good game. []

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]If we would have somehow beat you guys in the divisional round you think we would have had a chance to win it all in your opinions? I think we would have honestly. You guys were the team or are the team I dont want to face in the postseason. I felt we could have beaten SF and NE.[/quote]

Oh yeah in a heartbeat (although the 49ers/Packers game would have been really tough).

Pats/Packers would have been interesting as well and most likely, really high scoring. I might give an edge to the Pats there only because their defense showed up in the post-season (hindsight being what it is).
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Probably but I have to wonder about a SF-GB matchup. SF was super physical, not so sure you would have won that one.

Looking at your schedule I didn't see Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or a similar physical team on there. How do you think the 2011 Packers would have done against such a defense?

Personally I think the only reason we won against SF was ball security -- our guys played duck and cover when anybody came near them, their guys were always trying for extra yards and it cost them the game. That and Eli was a tough SOB that game, took unmerciful hit after hit and kept getting back up.
          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

I reckon SF was the biggest hurdle. Barring Atlanta and Detroit, I think any NFC team could've beaten the Patriots.

Comment

Agree
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

naw. yall too soft too beat s.f, as u will see week 1. but against the pats??????? u prolly woulda got blew out also. yall d was like 3rd worst in history. smh........
                sigpic
                Opposing wideouts

D.ont
                R.ecieve
                C.atches

Comment

Too soft to beat SF. I dont think so. We would have beat them in lambeau. It would have been a low scoring game but we would have beat them. New England would have been a 45-38 type game, high scoring and a few turnovers. SF was a really good team but we will smack them around in week 1. They wont be as good as this last season.

Comment

San Fran would have taken Rodgers out of the game

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]Too soft to beat SF. I dont think so. We would have beat them in lambeau. [/quote]

should have beat the Giants in Lambeau to though right?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]San Fran would have taken Rodgers out of the game[/quote]

i still dont know how eli got through the game. that one play where 3 sf defenders were running free at eli...the a.smith hit that knocked eli's helmet almost off his head...

SF has a better OL tho, much better with how they played last season plus rodgers is pretty mobile...

who knows what would have happened, what did happen was gb couldnt beat us, dont know how they woulda fared against SF

Comment

I'd have to say no for this reason. SF had the defense too stop your offense but your defense would struggle because they thrive on turnovers and SF turned over ratio was the best in the league because they play grind it out defense. It would have been a really tough match up for you guys. Willis has the speed and size to stay with Finley, They have great safeties and pass rusher in Aldon Smith.

Comment

I enjoy your topics and your outlooks - BUT - I just don't believe you can play "what - if" with NFL games - especially playoff games. At least I can't do it, because it requires you to assume. On paper, you would have won it all - including your game against us. But paper has a way of going up in smoke.

I'm looking forward to this year's matchup(s) - but don't have a clue what will happen.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Lambeau12"]Too soft to beat SF. I dont think so. We would have beat them in lambeau. [/quote]

should have beat the Giants in Lambeau to though right?[/quote]
                              Well no but I think we could have beat SF. We will in week 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X