The end of my traditional Tynes rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of my traditional Tynes rant

Every year, I rant about replacing Tynes with someone who has a stronger leg.

For some reason, this year is different. I suppose it's the 2nd Super Bowl victory. He wasn't counted to kick much during the playoffs, but he handled them (8/10).

So, instead of *****ing and moaning about finding a new kicker, I'll focus my comments on the Osi contract saga.

......you're welcome, Giants MB.

Re: The end of my traditional Tynes rant

Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.

Comment

Tynes comes through when it matters. He reminds me of Vinateri. Vinateri never has about average percentage of kicks made and average leg strength, but he is as clutch as it gets.

Unlike Jay mother ****ing Feely. I hate Feely with a burning passion. I have never been so angry after a Giants game after Feely missing 3 field goals.

Comment

You can always get better at every position on a football team. Players know this (hence competition), coaches, front office, etc. But for the first time since being born, I am comfortable with the kicker on our team. Not saying there is no reason to be looking around for something better. But I wouldn't hate it if they didn't.

Comment

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.[/quote]

I'm fine with him now, but do you remember as he missed 2 field goals that would have won the 2007 NFC CG if he hadn't missed and made us wait for the 3rd?
          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="nygsb42champs"]Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.[/quote]

I'm fine with him now, but do you remember as he missed 2 field goals that would have won the 2007 NFC CG if he hadn't missed and made us wait for the 3rd?
            [/quote]

Made the game more exciting.

Comment

I'll admit he came through in big moments for us and I have so much respect for him for what he's done in the 07 and 12' post seasons.

That being said, lets not kid ourselves, he's not that great. Anything 40 yards and over and I'm expecting a missed FG.

Comment

[quote user="Manning"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="nygsb42champs"]Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.[/quote]

[/quote] Made the game more exciting.[/quote]

Made my bp go sky high is what he did. LOL

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]
                  So, instead of *****ing and moaning about finding a new kicker, I'll focus my comments on the Osi contract saga.[/quote]

Please don't.......... it's just as pointless as the Tynes comments.
                  "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Well, he still can barely kick touchbacks 5 yards closer. Tynes is fine with me. So is Stevie Weatherford. Jets are ******ed.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]Every year, I rant about replacing Tynes with someone who has a stronger leg.

For some reason, this year is different. I suppose it's the 2nd Super Bowl victory. He wasn't counted to kick much during the playoffs, but he handled them (8/10).

So, instead of *****ing and moaning about finding a new kicker, I'll focus my comments on the Osi contract saga.

......you're welcome, Giants MB.[/quote]

Moving the kickoff spot up pretty much covered up Tynes one real vulnerability.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

kickers are free game ... trash away, i've certainly been on Tynes over the years ... when we played the game in Wembley a few years back ... i had a Bend it Like Tynes thread going

but i agree, he was solid last year and he obviously has experience now kicking in huge spots, which is very important

and the new kickoff spot allows him to get the ball far enough to where the returner has a tough decision as to whether he should run it out or take a knee

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]Well, he still can barely kick touchbacks 5 yards closer. Tynes is fine with me. So is Stevie Weatherford. Jets are ******ed.[/quote]

Weatherford is a stud.....he's a worthy successor to Feagles.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="JMFP2"]Every year, I rant about replacing Tynes with someone who has a stronger leg.

......you're welcome, Giants MB.[/quote]

Moving the kickoff spot up pretty much covered up Tynes one real vulnerability.[/quote]

This, and he has become much more consistent on extra points and near field goals. The first few years, I used to hold my breath.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Tynes comes through when it matters. He reminds me of Vinateri. Vinateri never has about average percentage of kicks made and average leg strength, but he is as clutch as it gets.

Unlike Jay mother ****ing Feely. I hate Feely with a burning passion. I have never been so angry after a Giants game after Feely missing 3 field goals.[/quote]

Feely? (Turns into Incredible Hulk)

Comment

Working...
                              X