David Wilson-Shotgun Runs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: David Wilson-Shotgun Runs

SHOT GUN DRAW!!! good for 0.5 yards everytime!!!

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan39"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="giantsfan39"]Do shotgun runs finally become effective again? The David wilson pick was a great one imo. And to me this shows we want to remain a passing team.W e want a guy who can take it to the house instead of a Jacobs type to pound it 4-5 yards at a time. A guy who will be able to catch short passes and take them for 6. Also we like the shotgun. With Wilson shotgun won't mean a pass because he is just as effective out of the shotgun as when he is lined up behind the QB.

I think our offense with Wilson, Randle, Adrien Robinson and Benett (and Beatty who is good in pass protection) will be more explosive than ever. 30 points per game average wouldn't surprise me.
      [/quote]

I'm glad that we have Wilson, but I still and will always believe that having a bruising back as part of your RB 1-2 punch is ALWAYS good to have in order to wear down the opposing D, control the clock, and keep the more explosive opposing O's off of the field.

I'm glad that we have Wilson, but I wish that we had BJ for 1 more year as well.[/quote]

I'd rather substitute a short passing game. m

Either way scoring 30-40 points a game is better than having a bruising back and winning games 17-14.
      [/quote]

Explain how it is better. Wins are wins no matter how they are put up, you could claim they were equal but better seems like a stretch. We beat the patriots 17-14 would it have been better 40-20...no not nearly as many epic moments. Dragging your team in to a close battle is what the Giants have always been about and have always won their Superbowls that way too so I fail to see how going the pats/pack way is better considering we beat both.

Comment

having a back that gets 4 yards when needed is a good thing and gets us first downs and ball control and wears down opposing defenses, I'll take that every day...

Comment

I only liked the play when Derrick Ward ran it. He seemed to have a knack for getting good yards from running out of shotgun.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Working...
          X