• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAYRON HOSLEY WAS A GOOD PICK FOR THE GIANTS

JAYRON HOSLEY WAS A GOOD PICK FOR THE GIANTS

"The pick of Jayron
    Hosley
    may prove to be an important pick for the New York Giants in 2012.
    Corners are much needed in today’s NFL and you can never have enough of them.
    Hosley will fill a need as the Giants move forward in this season.

Aaron
    Ross
    went and signed with the Jacksonville
    Jaguars
    . The Giants needed to pick up another corner to help them.
    Terrell Thomas
    re-signed and he will start opposite
    Corey Webster
    Prince Amukamara
    in really his first full season will end up playing the
    nickel. Hosley at this point is the team’s fourth best corner. He’s one play
    away from being on the field a lot for the Giants. If Hosley was two inches
    taller he probably would’ve been a first round pick.

Hosley plays a physical brand of corner and may also help in the kick and
    punt return games. Just because the Giants picked Hosley doesn’t mean they think
    less of what a guy like Amukamara can do. The way teams run wide open offenses
    around the NFL, you need as many good corners as you can to cover the wide
    receivers and maybe even some tight ends. Little injuries come around here and
    there throughout the NFL season, and having depth at every position is
    important.

Hosley did fail a drug test at the combine which might have caused his stock
    to drop a little bit, and guys who end up failing drug tests will have questions
    about them especially in their first year and being in New York. With all that
    said, I think this was a solid, smart draft pick by Jerry Reese and may prove
    great dividends right away in 2012."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: JAYRON HOSLEY WAS A GOOD PICK FOR THE GIANTS

I really hope he, or anyone for that matter, can add some pepper to our bland return game.

Comment

4.38 40 with great cover skills. I really like this pick.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]4.38 40 with great cover skills. I really like this pick.[/quote]

Hopefully he's fairly polished in both man and zone coverages. In our system, you need to be versatile.

Comment

Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I really hope he, or anyone for that matter, can add some pepper to our bland return game.
            [/quote]

If Hixon is healthy, it will be his job to lose.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

I don't disagree with you in terms of "what were you thinking?" However, for Reese & Co. to pick him means, to me, he's got a boatload of talent they are pretty sure they can develop.

Comment

He reminds me a lot of a young Asante Samuel.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

So you're weary about a pot smoker, but not someone who kills dogs for a kicks, gotcha

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

So you're weary about a pot smoker, but not someone who kills dogs for a kicks, gotcha
                    [/quote]

How did Vick slip into this thread?

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

I don't disagree with you in terms of "what were you thinking?"* However, for Reese & Co. to pick him means, to me, he's got a boatload of talent they are pretty sure they can develop.

[/quote]
                      I read that after the failed test was revealed, he sent a letter of apology to all NFL team, accepting responsibility for his actions, and explaining the circumstances around his usage. The Giants have a history of giving good guys who make mistakes a second chance, think Kerry Collins. I have full faith that Jerry R and co did their research and were comfortable with the kid.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He didn't, I just know from previous threads that this person in particular sees nothing wrong in dogfighting, so I thought it was funny that testing positive for pot scares this guy from a moral standpoint.

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

[/quote]

Drug addiction is a disease incomparable to poor decision making. Vick had no physiological dependence on dog fighting therefore the probability of the offense reoccurring was far less than that of a person with a drug problem. So yes I would be much less weary of a "pot smoker" than someone who fought dogs if I'm a GM in the NFL. (trying my best to relate your jab to this thread and keep your comment relevant)

Which action is more offensive depends on the person doing the judging's personal morals.

Thanks for playing and as a consolation prize I'll send you home with the board game version of "It Sounded Clever Until I Typed It".

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He didn't, I just know from previous threads that this person in particular sees nothing wrong in dogfighting, so I thought it was funny that testing positive for pot scares this guy from a moral standpoint.
                            [/quote]

You know nothing. Anyone that read the thread would have noticed the multiple times I stated I don't fight dogs or watch dogfights, but am unwilling to condemn people that do.

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

[/quote]

Drug addiction is a disease incomparable to poor decision making. Vick had no physiological dependence on dog fighting therefore the probability of the offense reoccurring was far less than that of a person with a drug problem. So yes I would be much less weary of a "pot smoker" than someone who fought dogs if I'm a GM in the NFL. (trying my best to relate your jab to this thread and keep your comment relevant)

Which action is more offensive depends on the person doing the judging's personal morals.

Thanks for playing and as a consolation prize I'll send you home with the board game version of "It Sounded Clever Until I Typed It".[/quote]
                              Substance abuse is a very serious issue, but occasional usage of weed (sound like it may have been a one time occurrence in his case) is a far cry from abuse. Lets not jump to hasty conclusions about him. I'd personally be a lot more concerned if he had a DUI. Alcohol is far more addictive, potent, and physically impairing. It just happens to be one of the few legal drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X