Interested in seeing what fewell we get

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in seeing what fewell we get

At the start of the season.... He fewell who refused to dial up pressure... Or the one who at the end of the season turned it up by letting the team play and dial up a little pressure .... I hope aggressive fewell is calling the plays next year ... Was pretty good

Re: Interested in seeing what fewell we get

I'm hoping for the best like you are but I'm also just as clueless lol...

I hope our depth at CB and gained experience for the young LB core will help him use more plays and be more versatile.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]I'm hoping for the best like you are but I'm also just as clueless lol...

I hope our depth at CB and gained experience for the young LB core will help him use more plays and be more versatile.
      [/quote]

Yea I'm clueless... I was calling fr his head all season.... Then it happened ... I have no clue what to expect lol

Comment

I think it was a learning experience for him, and going into the season, he will allow the Giants to play Giants football. That is, to get after the QB, and control the tempo of the game by limiting their offensive attack. With a pass rush like we have, and a strong backfield, I don't see why he wouldn't unleash the dogs.

Comment

It depends on what pieces he has available to him.

Comment

He better play our front four like an actual front four and not like a nickel, dime, quarter, and dollar DBs...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I think it had to do with the fact he didn't feel comfortable with the LBs, especially in the middle. Once he got someone in there that he could trust he was comfortable letting the front four go. with a whole off season program we should see some consistant pressure.

Comment

[quote user="Captain Chaos"]I think it had to do with the fact he didn't feel comfortable with the LBs, especially in the middle. Once he got someone in there that he could trust he was comfortable letting the front four go. with a whole off season program we should see some consistant pressure.[/quote]You may be right.

Comment

I think it may have had something to do with the fact that half of our defense were on the sidelines with injuries. Maybe.

Comment

[quote user="NY_Eli"]I think it may have had something to do with the fact that half of our defense were on the sidelines with injuries. Maybe.[/quote]
                    Don't bring logic into this argument! Fewell doesn't know what he's doing!

Comment

How can anyone discount all the injuries last year when evaluating PF? All his secondary depth was injured, he had to use 3 rookie LB's in a lock out season, they where so desperate at LB they had to call Chase back to the team, the captain of their defense was injured most of the season, Osi missed half the season, and for short periods of the season they where without Boley nd KP.

When he did rush 4, that being with an injured Tuck, they where not getting pressure and their secondary was already depleted. It was when Tuck got healthy that they really started to get back to hitting the QB.

Comment

Please no more 3 man rushes unless it's 3rd and 27.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]How can anyone discount all the injuries last year when evaluating PF? All his secondary depth was injured, he had to use 3 rookie LB's in a lock out season, they where so desperate at LB they had to call Chase back to the team, the captain of their defense was injured most of the season, Osi missed half the season, and for short periods of the season they where without Boley nd KP.

When he did rush 4, that being with an injured Tuck, they where not getting pressure and their secondary was already depleted. It was when Tuck got healthy that they really started to get back to hitting the QB.[/quote]

this is a good post. i hung by Fewell for most of the season, but I got to admit even I was skeptical towards the end of the season right before we got hot...

he said he simplified things so guys could just go out and play w/o having to overthink, and that was due to injuries.

so I'd assume since everyone will hopefully be healthy, the d will be much more like 2010 then 2011...ironic that we won it all in 2011 tho

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]How can anyone discount all the injuries last year when evaluating PF? All his secondary depth was injured, he had to use 3 rookie LB's in a lock out season, they where so desperate at LB they had to call Chase back to the team, the captain of their defense was injured most of the season, Osi missed half the season, and for short periods of the season they where without Boley nd KP.

When he did rush 4, that being with an injured Tuck, they where not getting pressure and their secondary was already depleted. It was when Tuck got healthy that they really started to get back to hitting the QB.[/quote]

Agreed. Healthy Tuck and Osi + Fresher JPP = more pressure. Once he got comfortable with the CB and LB rotation by the end of the year, and had all of the non season-ending injured players back, it made a huge difference.

Comment

the formula that fewell used to win the strap is the fewell we will get, because its been proven to work and has gotten the ultimate results. not worried 1 iota about him or his playcalling.
                              sigpic
                              Opposing wideouts

D.ont
                              R.ecieve
                              C.atches

Comment

Working...
                              X