Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?

If this is true, we should jump all over this trade!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=442599

Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?
    kelsto811 : 2:16 pm
    RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR

Had to put that out there because well it is out there...Might be worth discussing. Saw it browsing Ralph Vacchiano's twitter and it was posted on Scout.com. For the record I really don't believe it but where are the BBI asshats when you need them?

Re: Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?

I'd do it. That pick could easily be a top ten second rounder.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Wow

Comment

That's only a deal IF we don't need Osi this season to have a shot at repeating. We have to get through this season before we would, theoretically, reap the benefits of two draft pics next year.

I just don't see any advantage to Osi in holding out if his demands aren't met. So he's under contract and will play here is that's what Reese decides is best.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]That's only a deal IF we don't need Osi this season to have a shot at repeating.** We have to get through this season before we would, theoretically, reap the benefits of two draft pics next year.

I just don't see any advantage to Osi in holding out if his demands aren't met.* So he's under contract and will play here is that's what Reese decides is best.
          [/quote]

Right. Why would Giants do this with a year between now and when these picks would be available? Waste a DE talent for a whole year? Makes no sense.
          Before draft maybe, not now. Would need a 2nd and a player now that might help Giants this year.
          sigpic

Comment

Who will take his spot? We didn't invest during the draft in his replacement. Can any one name our fourth defensive end right now?

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"]Who will take his spot? We didn't invest during the draft in his replacement. Can any one name our fourth defensive end right now?[/quote]

That's the point. I think we need him this year and since he's already said publicly he won't ask a new team to rework his contract, even he can't now say the GIANTS he's holding out for more money this season. He's going to have to go into FA after this season and see what his worth really is.

Obviously nothing precludes Osi from accepting the contract extension he's already been offered or any amended version Reese might put forward bewteen now and then.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

You guys are nuts! This is a great trade! The Dolphins aren't likely to be an 8-8 teams next year so that should be a valuable set of picks for our arsenal. I honestly think Kiwi adds alot to our Dline as a dual threat pass-rush/run-stopper and I believe he is much more reliable and consistent. I really like Osi on the field but he has this diva thing going these days and this team could do without it.

Now if reese is seriously thinking of re-signing Osi then lets get on with it or just end it if this trade rumor is based on facts!

Comment

I would like to see them package OSI in a deal for Jake Long.

Comment

This is another reason why Tollefson was a significant loss.

Comment

[quote user="domfin"]I would like to see them package OSI in a deal for Jake Long.[/quote]

So osi and two firsts for long?

Comment

[quote user="hungrrrry"]You guys are nuts! This is a great trade! The Dolphins aren't likely to be an 8-8 teams next year so that should be a valuable set of picks for our arsenal. I honestly think Kiwi adds alot to our Dline as a dual threat pass-rush/run-stopper and I believe he is much more reliable and consistent. I really like Osi on the field but he has this diva thing going these days and this team could do without it.

Now if reese is seriously thinking of re-signing Osi then lets get on with it or just end it if this trade rumor is based on facts![/quote]

If this is true.....it would be a good deal. We are going to lose Osi next year and then what do we have. With or without Osi the chances of making the SB this year will be great. I'd go with a Miami #2 and #4 next year.......perhaps there will be an abundance of DE's in next years draft.

Comment

There are a lot of rumors out there in the last couple days. But here is the thing: any of these teams vieing for trades will require Osi to renegotiate his contract prior to executing the trade. Nobody is going to give up a 2nd and 4th or anything close to that for a guy who will walk at the end of next season.

So, that means they have to come to terms with Osi which is no easy feat, as we have seen in recent years.

so even if these rumors are true, which is often not the case with rumors, they are still going to be hard to act on.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't see the problem. Whats wrong with moving Kiwi back to DE? We have enough LB's now (Rivers, Boley, J-will, jones, herzlich,blackburn). I know Kiwi did well last year at LB but he is a better DE, imo. As much as I like osi and would like to keep him, because of his pressure and crazy turnover ability that is hard to replace, I would take this trade and atleast get something in return for him.

Comment

If this were before the draft, I'll take it

Now? No thanks. Down the stretch in 08 when the giants were trying to repeat, defensive line depth they could have used a LOT. The giants didn't draft a pass rusher and the loss of both osi and tollefson would hurt the depth

maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this point

Comment

Working...
                              X