Last season the week after the Rams game Stephen A Smith stated that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last season the week after the Rams game Stephen A Smith stated that

"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on!

Re: Last season the week after the Rams game Stephen A Smith stated that

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on![/quote]

If true, that's possibly the most idiotic comment from anyone about anything related to last season.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on![/quote]

If true, that's possibly the most idiotic comment from anyone about anything related to last season.[/quote]

SAS is a basketball guy.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Who is Steven A Smith ???

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on![/quote]

If true, that's possibly the most idiotic comment from anyone about anything related to last season.[/quote]

Here is the video

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-needs-surgery

Comment

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on![/quote]
            Stephen A. Smith is an ***. Can't stand his rants.

There were experts, and NFL players, at the beginning of last year who were saying that Josh Freeman was better than Eli.

When Eli's getting inducted into the HOF in about 15 years, we'll all be laughing at this garbage in hindsight.

Comment

Well, to be fair, recall that Eli was not playing well at all Game 1 vs Redskins and the first 1 3/4 quarters of Game 2 vs Rams, and Smith made these comments at that time, prematurely.

From that point on it was as if Eli flipped a switch to become the Eli 2011 who set a couple personal career records and led the team to a 2nd SB ring.

Comment

You're just now getting mad about something some commentator said at the beginning of last season???

Comment

Stephen A Smith should stick to just talking about basketball. And he's not even good at that job.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]You're just now getting mad about something some commentator said at the beginning of last season???[/quote]

Who has time for this? I'm still pissed about Reese saying that Eli's play could sometimes be skittish.

In 2007.

Comment

SAS tends to fall into the Skip Bayless category a lot .... media bites meant to attract attention.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

SAS is kind of an idiot. I've hated him since he went on a rant about Rodman. Rodman was one of my favorite basketball players and he talked too much crap about Rodman. Rodman then said "come say this stuff to my face" and he refused to give him a live interview. SAS is a spineless coward who just loves to talk up a **** storm.

Comment

ehhh

typicaly Stephen A Smith actually.

Somebody had a thread after the superbowl of Steven A bashing the Giants saying they should be more like the Jets...

by seasons end he started another rant, stating the complete opposite..

hes a joke
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="TheBookOfEli"]Stephen A Smith should stick to just talking about basketball. And he's not even good at that job.[/quote]

He actually is very good at talking about basketball.

Dont let your hate of him try to convince you that SAS isn't talented and good at what he does.

His comment about Eli was idiotic though.

Comment

[quote user="Sarcasman"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]You're just now getting mad about something some commentator said at the beginning of last season???[/quote]

Who has time for this? I'm still pissed about Reese saying that Eli's play could sometimes be skittish.

In 2007.[/quote]

Eli's play was sometimes skittish at the time Jerry said it. Whether he should have stated it publicly is certainly debatable.

Prior to that, remember the big thing about Eli's accuracy and how 60% completion rate was a big goal? And remember the difficulty he had throwing in windy Giants stadium?

These were all part of the growth and maturation of an NFL player.

Now, however, personally, I thought Eli looked a little skittish at times...on various SNL skits, that is. He needs to work on his punch line timing. Still, the whole cast of characters around him, like the early teams, also plays a large role in his performance. He had no one to speak of to throw a line to.

Comment

Working...
                              X