X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT is auctioning off his ring from SBXXV

Someone buy this up.
    http://catalog.scpauctions.com/LotDe...AWRENCE-TAYLOR

Presented here is arguably the most significant Superbowl player ring ever offered publicly. Lawrence Taylor’s own 1991 Superbowl XXV ring feature two football shaped diamonds on the face surrounded by worn blue enameling framed by seventeen smaller diamonds. Design elements include the name “TAYLOR” on the left shank above a Giants helmet and his number “56”. Engraved on the interior band in the full name “LAWRENCE TAYLOR”. The ring shows considerable wear, that in some eyes, only enhances it aura. A phenomenally important memento from one of the greatest football players of all-time. Size: 12.

Re: LT is auctioning off his ring from SBXXV

Hard times for LT?

Comment

If 52 of us chip in $1000 each, we can hold the ring for a week each year and pass it on.
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]If 52 of us chip in $1000 each, we can hold the ring for a week each year and pass it on.
        [/quote]
        Im in!

How is it worth only 52thousand tho?
        i know thats just a guestimate but i remember hearing they r valued at around that...
        maybe thats just the actual selling price but that doesnt incorporate the being a sb champ and how theres only so many made and thats forevdr. Its extremelly rare in that regard,

Id say based on everything, LTs ring,bc it is so rare only 1 of those made in the world, its worth 2.5 million, but a good collectors price should be 500,000 and will be 200,000

Im prob way off, thats just how i make sense of it

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]If 52 of us chip in $1000 each, we can hold the ring for a week each year and pass it on.
          [/quote]
          Im in!

How is it worth only 52thousand tho?
          i know thats just a guestimate but i remember hearing they r valued at around that...
          maybe thats just the actual selling price but that doesnt incorporate the being a sb champ and how theres only so many made and thats forevdr. Its extremelly rare in that regard,

Id say based on everything, LTs ring,bc it is so rare only 1 of those made in the world, its worth 2.5 million, but a good collectors price should be 500,000 and will be 200,000

Im prob way off, thats just how i make sense of it[/quote]

Im in if people are gonna be serious about it. Just need to add xtra for insurance and a lawyer to draw up the contract.
          sigpic
          BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]How is it worth only 52thousand tho?[/quote]

According to the story, the current bid is only around $37K. The whole thing is just very sad.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Comment

If I had the money, I'd make the highest bid and give it back to LT.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]If I had the money, I'd make the highest bid and give it back to LT.
                [/quote]

Thats a good thought, if i had the loot id do that too...

Damn lawyers fees

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]If I had the money, I'd make the highest bid and give it back to LT.
                  [/quote]

Damn lawyers fees[/quote]

It's really sad to watch somebody fall all the way down the mountain.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

LT needs help, and I hope that the Giants can help him out. He is too valuable to the fans and the city to have to be so desperate of a situation. He fell from grace a long time ago, and there is no excuse why he should remain in such desperate condition. He was my favorite player during my adolescence, and it is a real shame to see him not being able to redeem himself.

I am not a religious man, but I hope that those of you who are, do pray for him. I am just hoping that the Giants fraternity can help the man.

The ring is worthless compared to the man, and it is the man, not the ring that needs to be rescued.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]If I had the money, I'd make the highest bid and give it back to LT.
                      [/quote]

Damn lawyers fees[/quote]

It's really sad to watch somebody fall all the way down the mountain.
                      [/quote]

It's not just LT either... unless you get a career in broadcasting (Simms, Aikman, Strahan, Terry, etc), people forget about you real quick. It's kind of sad, but the reality is that LT did plead guilty to soliciting sex from a 16-year-old girl. Part of me wants to help him out, but I just can't get over that. Most of us here abandoned Plaxico after he shot himself, and that was only something that he did to himself, not to others.

I choose to remember LT for what he did on the field (even if I was only alive for the latter half of it and I barely remember it at all), but I don't know if i can help him out now. Overall, it's still a sad situation...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]If I had the money, I'd make the highest bid and give it back to LT.
                        [/quote]

So you'd just give LT however many thousands of dollars?

You sir, have a very strange sense of charity.

Edit: also if LT is so hard up he can just jump on the gravy train and sue the NFL.

"The NFL mislead me. They didn't tell me that concussions are bad."
                        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[/quote]

He'd just sell it again . . . . .

Comment

That sad. I find interesting the timing of this. Putting one of your rings on the market a day after your former team receives their SB rings. You have to figure that ring is worth at least $100K. The bid is already at $67K.

There's a saying that debt, divorce, and/or death are the main reasons why players sell their rings

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]If I had the money, I'd make the highest bid and give it back to LT.
                              [/quote]

So you'd just give LT however many thousands of dollars?

You sir, have a very strange sense of charity.

Edit: also if LT is so hard up he can just jump on the gravy train and sue the NFL.

"The NFL mislead me. They didn't tell me that concussions are bad."[/quote]

It isn't about the money, except to you perhaps. LT was the greatest defensive player of all time (so far). His story, like so many others, shouldn't end in the basement.

Like Harry Carson, LT is apparently not getting on the "gravy train" and that's to his credit.

Comment

Working...
                              X