Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 SB Titles in 4 years or 2 SB Titles in 5 Seasons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 SB Titles in 4 years or 2 SB Titles in 5 Seasons?

I think the 2 SB titles in 4 years line is a little cheap to be throwing around......though technically accurate form a calendar standpoint it's really 2 SB titles in 5 seasons......I'm not demeaning the feat in any way but we're Giants fans.....we're better than that. I know I'm nitpicking but if another team was using the "2 SB's in 4 Years" term I'd be quick to point out the fact that it was actually over 5 seasons.......

"3 SB Titles in 5 Season" sounds better anyway.

Re: 2 SB Titles in 4 years or 2 SB Titles in 5 Seasons?

not this again .Its 2 in 5 seasons by the way. If the Giants win the super Bowl this year will everyone say we won 2 superbowls in 1 year

Comment

Man does the post-draft offseason suck . . . . .

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Man does the post-draft offseason suck . . . . .[/quote]

Stole my thunder!!!![]

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Man does the post-draft offseason suck . . . . .[/quote]

This thread is great compared to half the other ones on the main page

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Man does the post-draft offseason suck . . . . .[/quote]

[/quote]

um....no it isn't......it's just as bad as they are.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Man does the post-draft offseason suck . . . . .[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats debatable with threads like "Dj Ware will surprise this year" and "Osi for welker can it be done?"

Comment

Can we talk about Osi instead ?

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats debatable with threads like "Dj Ware will surprise this year" and "Osi for welker can it be done?"
                  [/quote]

I agree that those threads suck....but this one sucks just as much.

I think I am going to start a sucky thread about what thread sucks the most on the main page[]

Comment

All I got.....I vote this one the worst and I started it.....offseason blows and I could care less about the NBA <vomit>.......MLB <double vomit>......

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I am going to start a sucky thread about what thread sucks the most on the main page[]

[/quote]

We should bring back the worst poster of the year thread, that will make things somewhat interesting

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We should bring back the worst poster of the year thread, that will make things somewhat interesting
                        [/quote]

I'm up for it!!! There are many that should be considered.

Comment

Well....the steelers, saints and packers won in between us....so do the math after that. They are exactly 4 years apart, so really both statements apply. It just depends on if people think of year as a season. 2 out of past 5 super bowls is the best way to accurately put it

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm up for it!!! There are many that should be considered.

[/quote]

I'll make one here in the next couple of days, I would do it today but I don't have the time

Comment

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

I think the 2 SB titles in 4 years line is a little cheap to be throwing around......though technically accurate form a calendar standpoint it's really 2 SB titles in 5 seasons......I'm not demeaning the feat in any way but we're Giants fans.....we're better than that. I know I'm nitpicking but if another team was using the "2 SB's in 4 Years" term I'd be quick to point out the fact that it was actually over 5 seasons.......

"3 SB Titles in 5 Season" sounds better anyway.

[/quote]

Years is the right way to go about it because when people discuss a teams Super Bowl drought/curse they mention it in years. Eg: Team-Name has not won a Super Bowl in X amount of years. Saying we've won 2 in the last 4 years is normal protocol. Mentioning a time frame by season-count is an odd way to speak it.

"It's been 18 seasons since the Cowboys won a Super Bowl." How often are you going to hear that compared to "It's been 17 years" or "They haven't won one since '95".

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X