X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Coughlin be Highest Paid Coach in NFL

i think his new contract will be 4yrs/30M which will make him the highest

Re: Will Coughlin be Highest Paid Coach in NFL

I doubt that. He'll probably be in the $6m-$7m range. I sincerely doubt he gets more the BB.

Comment

I love TC but I do not see him being the highest paid in the NFL.

Comment

I don't think TC cares if he's the highest paid HC. I'm pretty sure John Mara will pay him well enough.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]I doubt that. He'll probably be in the $6m-$7m range. I sincerely doubt he gets more the BB.
          [/quote]

You mean the guy that he is 2-0 against inSuper Bowls????

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Drez"]I doubt that. He'll probably be in the $6m-$7m range. I sincerely doubt he gets more the BB.
            [/quote]

You mean the guy that he is 2-0 against inSuper Bowls????

[/quote]
            Yup, that guy. Particularly since TC doesn't have nearly as much FO responsibility as BB does. Coughlin has also been to 3 fewer Super Bowls and has one fewer ring. And a worse win%.

Comment

I don't see John Mara looking around the League for TC's worth as much as I do him looking at what they've paid coaches like Parcells.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

They will never pay a coach like that. With that being said, I could see them giving him a "gift" when he retires, off the books of course.

Comment

[quote user="Firenugget"]They will never pay a coach like that. With that being said, I could see them giving him a "gift" when he retires, off the books of course.
                  [/quote]

Why would any of Coughlin's compensation have to be "off the books"? Coaches salaries don't affect the CAP

Comment

I understand that giving everything and everybody a rating or grade-level is part of our current culture - and I mean no disrespect to the OP or the question that was posed : but I don't care if his contract is an elite one or where it falls in the Top Ten. I just want him to coach 19 or 20 games (not counting pre-season) every year for the Giants for a few more years. And I'm sure the contract terms he works out with the Owners will suit him - it seems to me that his nature is one that is a perfect example of the old "Desiderata" I remember from my hippie years. I can't imagine TC's letting any disagreement fester and create a sore spot.

Comment

Working...
                    X