Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think Clint Sintim will suprise alot of people

[quote user="giantsfan420"]
    Also, u seemed to change ur stance, u claimed ppl saying hed be great in that front is annoying and baseless. Bc hes proven or shown nothing in the nfl. Well, hes played in the 43. So hes shown nothing here as well.[/quote]

Hes been an awful football player. On STs as well as on defense. How does him moving to a 3-4 all of a sudden make him a better football player? Does a 3-4 make him play more physically?

And u dismiss his collegiate play way too much. Granted it doesnt mean much, but it means more than u credit.

And i musta missed when he rushed the passer as he would in a 34. In college that was his best trait by far.
    Every analyst I ever read said he would likely have to move INSIDE in a 34 because he is NOT a natural pass rusher. Giants gave him an opportunity at DE on occasion and he was HORRIBLE. You keep bringing up college, when has he shown in the NFL that he is a 34 OLB? Was it that great amazing unblocked sack he got? Or the complete and utter lack of success he had as a pass rusher in the giants sub packages and on the blitz?

A guy who NEVER dropped into coverage in the ncaa was drafted by a team that has a scheme where that is as imporant if not more than rushing the passer...he even was used as an end in college.
    And yet dropping in coverage is probably where hes been most effective, because he doesnt have to play physically to do that.

Answer this simply and honestly, and make sure not to add or change what im saying as u did before when u claimed im clearly missing something;
    im not saying hed be great, good, or even better. But, given his collegiate history and that hes shown zilch with us in our system, could he be better suited for a 34 like guys like mayock said durong his draft?
    Not unless he decides he wants to be a physical football player. Thats what you keep missing. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with his skill set or position he is playing or any of that. It has everything to do with him playing like a 250+ pound LB should play.

Further read reeses statements after he was drafted, he even acknowledged it was gonna be a tough transition and how he was hoping hed be able to pick up the differences and how that would determine his success and role with the team
    Again, you are just on this idea that because he isnt happy in the system he has an excuse for not playing physical. So why cant he play physical on special teams? Is he in the wrong system for that too?

U went from saying hes shown nothing to saying hes shown better coverage skills and no pass rush ability (again i hooe i dont need to explain the diff of an olb role in both fronts) in somehow changing ur theory that hes shown hes better fit in a 43...
    I dont understand what you are saying here at all.

Im just taken aback how u feel urbable to tell those with a diff opinion they are wrong and to not think that way when in all honesty, ur opinion is the one educated football minds and scouts disagree with...
    Because its a horribly pathetic cop out to blame Sintims struggles on "system fit".

If Sintim was showing great promise as a pass rusher, was doing a great job against the run, but had difficulties running with TEs or dropping in coverage, maybe you would have an argument. But he has shown none of that.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="giantsfan420"] Also, u seemed to change ur stance, u claimed ppl saying hed be great in that front is annoying and baseless. Bc hes proven or shown nothing in the nfl. Well, hes played in the 43. So hes shown nothing here as well.[/quote] Hes been an awful football player. On STs as well as on defense. How does him moving to a 3-4 all of a sudden make him a better football player? Does a 3-4 make him play more physically?
      And u dismiss his collegiate play way too much. Granted it doesnt mean much, but it means more than u credit. And i musta missed when he rushed the passer as he would in a 34. In college that was his best trait by far.
      Every analyst I ever read said he would likely have to move INSIDE in a 34 because he is NOT a natural pass rusher. Giants gave him an opportunity at DE on occasion and he was HORRIBLE. You keep bringing up college, when has he shown in the NFL that he is a 34 OLB? Was it that great amazing unblocked sack he got? Or the complete and utter lack of success he had as a pass rusher in the giants sub packages and on the blitz?
      A guy who NEVER dropped into coverage in the ncaa was drafted by a team that has a scheme where that is as imporant if not more than rushing the passer...he even was used as an end in college.
      And yet dropping in coverage is probably where hes been most effective, because he doesnt have to play physically to do that.
      Answer this simply and honestly, and make sure not to add or change what im saying as u did before when u claimed im clearly missing something; im not saying hed be great, good, or even better. But, given his collegiate history and that hes shown zilch with us in our system, could he be better suited for a 34 like guys like mayock said durong his draft?
      Not unless he decides he wants to be a physical football player. Thats what you keep missing. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with his skill set or position he is playing or any of that. It has everything to do with him playing like a 250+ pound LB should play.
      Further read reeses statements after he was drafted, he even acknowledged it was gonna be a tough transition and how he was hoping hed be able to pick up the differences and how that would determine his success and role with the team
      Again, you are just on this idea that because he isnt happy in the system he has an excuse for not playing physical. So why cant he play physical on special teams? Is he in the wrong system for that too?
      U went from saying hes shown nothing to saying hes shown better coverage skills and no pass rush ability (again i hooe i dont need to explain the diff of an olb role in both fronts) in somehow changing ur theory that hes shown hes better fit in a 43...
      I dont understand what you are saying here at all.
      Im just taken aback how u feel urbable to tell those with a diff opinion they are wrong and to not think that way when in all honesty, ur opinion is the one educated football minds and scouts disagree with...
      Because its a horribly pathetic cop out to blame Sintims struggles on "system fit". If Sintim was showing great promise as a pass rusher, was doing a great job against the run, but had difficulties running with TEs or dropping in coverage, maybe you would have an argument. But he has shown none of that.[/quote]

Adding to everything that you said is the fact that the guy has admitted to not working as hard as he should. Hopefully, it's the end of the road for this turd . . . . .

Comment

What??? I actually went back to make sure i wasnt misremembering...his best trait was by far pass rushing, and virtually every analyst said his best fit was in a 34. I saw one profile say he may have to move inside as a mlb in a 43 bc hes horrible in coverage.

No one is saying or at least im not saying hed suddenly bc good in a diff front, im saying it was what he was better suited for which is the consensus among almost every analyst and even jr as he said it would be a tough transition bc he was playing and practicing in a 34. If anything, the mere fact thats where he played in college supports he was better suited there...i have no idea what ur trying to do here, make me go "ok every respectable analysis was wrong" or something? In fact after jr drafted him, analysts and fans alike wondered if he could make the transition...he clearly has not. Experiment over, it was a risky move that didnt pay out...

I do agree w u about how he isnt physical, and would prob suck just as bad either way, but based on his experience and success, regardless of it was college, he was prob better suited for a 34.

Oh and the point u said u dont know what im trying to say...u went from saying hes shown nothing as a reason not to think he may have been better off in a 34 but then use that reason to say hes prob a better fit in a 43...ur stance is just confusing...but whatever, over it. I just hope he can show us something in any way

Comment

His problems in the NFL have had nothing to do with trouble transitioning to a 4-3.

And yes, he is probably much better off as a college 3-4 OLB. Unfortunately for him, he is playing in the NFL now.

Comment

he has suprised me....I can't believe someone his size can play like such a *****.

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"]he has suprised me....I can't believe someone his size can play like such a *****.[/quote]
              lol so true

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="giantsfan420"]I dunno how this is a stretch for some people to grasp.

His best trait in college was his edge pass rush ability. He almost never dropped into coverage, and was above avg to avg in run support.

In our d, the olb aint doing a ton of pass rushing...a guy like kiwi who showed flashes of top de play has what, 4 sacks since moving to lb?

Again, im not saying sintim would be good or even better, i just think he fits better in a 34 front...i mean almost every analyst and scout said the same thing...look up his draft profile...dunno how this is even debatable...[/quote]

On that point I think you are right. His ideal fit would have been 3-4 OLB.

Still though, I think many overestimate the impact that scheme has on a player's success.

I mean when Denver drafted Von Miller, everyone talked about what a waste it was to put him at 4-3 OLB (basically the same situation as Sintim, except a much better prospect obviously). Well no, he dominated just as he would have on a 3-4 team. When they moved Mario Williams to OLB, everyone was like lol 290 pound linebacker? But he was just fine.

Remember when the Jets were going to resurrect Vernon Gholston's career by moving him to his "natural" 4-3 DE position? Yeah good luck in the arena league.

If a guy is a good pass rusher, that talent is never going to go to waste. They'll find a way to use you regardless of your position. But if that pass rushing talent doesn't show up in the first 2-3 years in the league, you're generally toast.[/quote]

Sorry i missed this. Good post i agree with much of this

I thought denver played a 43 34 combo d, looked like miller lined up as a 34 olb a lot

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="allentown PA"]he has suprised me....I can't believe someone his size can play like such a *****.[/quote]
                  lol so true[/quote]

I think some of the points being made about if he was in a different defense or if he lined up with his hand in the dirt would apply to some players but Sintim is just not very good imo...I dont think it matters what they do with him...some players are just ****, a different defense isnt gonna change how aggresive or physical he is...the dude is soft imo.

Comment

[quote user="True 2 Blue"]He was a second round pick so the talent is obviously there, he has been with the team for a few years now so he knows the players, coaches and knows the defense, injuries have held him back, now that he is healthy i expect this guy to be a huge help at LB
                    [/quote]

Doubtful.

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="allentown PA"]he has suprised me....I can't believe someone his size can play like such a *****.[/quote]
                      lol so true[/quote]

I think some of the points being made about if he was in a different defense or if he lined up with his hand in the dirt would apply to some players but Sintim is just not very good imo...I dont think it matters what they do with him...some players are just ****, a different defense isnt gonna change how aggresive or physical he is...the dude is soft imo.[/quote]

Good post. Respectable opinion, cant say i disagree. I guess its bc w e know he sucks in our d, so the unknown in the 34 could be interpreted by some to being the better fit for him

Comment

Working...
                      X