Andre Brown appealing 4 game suspension:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Brown appealing 4 game suspension:

From CBS Sports: RB Andre Brown is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. However, he told CBSSports.com that he's in the midst of the appeals process. “I don't know what I can and cannot say,” he said. “It was something that I've been on since I've been in the league, which was adderall. I just forgot to fill out some paperwork and that was it.”

Sounds like he may get off the hook if thats what it was.

I got a ring! He got one too!

Re: Andre Brown appealing 4 game suspension:

I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.

Comment

[quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

and if it's for adderol who cares? theres no unfair advantage given to him by taken adderol, unless he was taking tests, or trying to drink all day.

Comment

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

and if it's for adderol who cares? theres no unfair advantage given to him by taken adderol, unless he was taking tests, or trying to drink all day.
        [/quote]

NCAA bans certain energy supplements and drinks, So its not a stretch to think aderall is banned by both them and the NFL.

Comment

Lets hope the kid catches a break here.

Comment

[quote user="Spedracer"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]

NCAA bans certain energy supplements and drinks, So its not a stretch to think aderall is banned by both them and the NFL.[/quote]

If he has a dr's slip I don't think there is really much discussion

Comment

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]

It gave him an unfair advantage in the film room because he was so focused! /s

Comment

[/quote]
                Not saying that he isn't legitimately on Aderall, but you don't think that being on amphetamines would have any kind of benefit on the field? How high are you?

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]
                  Not saying that he isn't legitimately on Aderall, but you don't think that being on amphetamines would have any kind of benefit on the field? How high are you?
                  [/quote]

Its all about dosage, but you are right one could get the same effects from adderall as one can from meth, they are both amphetamines.

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]
                    [/quote]

Its all about dosage, but you are right one could get the same effects from adderall as one can from meth, they are both amphetamines.
                    [/quote]

Exactly. If he's on it for legitimate purpose following a prescribed dose and dosing schedule, then yeah, there wouldn't be any performance enhancing qualities and it's a non-issue. If it was just a matter of a paperwork snafu, then I'm sure he'll win his appeal.

However, to make the claim that being on amphetamines wouldn't have a beneficial effect is just silly and rather beside the point, too.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. If he's on it for legitimate purpose following a prescribed dose and dosing schedule, then yeah, there wouldn't be any performance enhancing qualities and it's a non-issue. If it was just a matter of a paperwork snafu, then I'm sure he'll win his appeal.

However, to make the claim that being on amphetamines wouldn't have a beneficial effect is just silly and rather beside the point, too.
                      [/quote]

Yes, and I am sure that he, like all of the other athletes who get nailed for violating a drug policy, is telling the complete truth about what caused him to fail the test . . . . . .

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, and I am sure that he, like all of the other athletes who get nailed for violating a drug policy, is telling the complete truth about what caused him to fail the test . . . . . .

[/quote]
                        You never know. It is possible that he's ADD/ADHD and simply forgot to turn in some paperwork.

It's equally as likely that he's using it as speed or using above his prescribed dosages.

I was more poo-pooing the idea that there couldn't be any beneficial effects from using Adderall.

Comment

Adderall® is indicated for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Narcolepsy.

Unless he has the evidence or proof he has prescription or previous medical atention he doesn't have a chance to beat it and even if he has medical prescrition the physician and the patient ( in this case a NFL football player ) have the responsability of knowing or investigating if the treatment in question is a legal or a banned substance undef NFL rules or policies.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Is it true if you eat enough poppy seeded bagels you can fail a drug test too? lol

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]Is it true if you eat enough poppy seeded bagels you can fail a drug test too? lol[/quote]
                              Yes. Opium is derived from a certain type of poppy plant.

Comment

Working...
                              X