• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIANTS' BRIAN WITHERSPOON MAY HAVE INJURED ACL

GIANTS' BRIAN WITHERSPOON MAY HAVE INJURED ACL

"The buildup to this New York Giants season is
    starting just like last year.

Cornerback Brian Witherspoon left
    practice Wednesday on a cart, and early indications from coach Tom Coughlin are
    that Witherspoon suffered an ACL injury, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New
    York Daily News. It's a crushing blow for the fifth-year undrafted player, who
    also tore his ACL before the 2011 season.

Witherspoon was seen as a likely dime back and special-teams dynamo for the
    Giants last year before the injury. The Giants suffered a series of injuries in
    the secondary before last year, most notably to starting cornerback Terrell Thomas."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' BRIAN WITHERSPOON MAY HAVE INJURED ACL

And we've not yet begun contact!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]And we've not yet begun contact!
      [/quote]

Roanoke you forget that we are talking about the Giants and DBs. Contact is when thier foot touches the field.

sigpic
      BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ugh, terrible news. So I'm gonna be "that guy" for at least right now. I don't know of any preventative measures for an ACL especially coming into workouts cold, however Hixon tore his and re tore it the very next season as well. Is the staff letting our boys come back too soon from these injuries? I don't think they would I know they have a great rep but still it makes me wonder when it happens two years in a row

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]And we've not yet begun contact!
          [/quote]

Roanoke you forget that we are talking about the Giants and DBs. Contact is when thier foot touches the field.[/quote]

Point taken

Comment

[quote user="DemandedAce"]Ugh, terrible news. So I'm gonna be "that guy" for at least right now. I don't know of any preventative measures for an ACL especially coming into workouts cold, however Hixon tore his and re tore it the very next season as well. Is the staff letting our boys come back too soon from these injuries? I don't think they would I know they have a great rep but still it makes me wonder when it happens two years in a row[/quote]

If anything we know two things:

1. The GIANTS medical staff is ultra conservative regarding returning from injuries
            2. TC let's the medical staff determine when a player comes back without any pushing

Comment

I can only think these injuries are turf related. I haven't done any analysis or anything, but it sure seems like we've had a lot more of them lately.
              Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Hixon was the first of several injuries just running on the field

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Hixon was the first of several injuries just running on the field
                  [/quote]

Personally im beginning to think Jimmy Hoffa was a Jets fan
                  sigpic
                  BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]Hixon was the first of several injuries just running on the field
                    [/quote]

Personally im beginning to think Jimmy Hoffa was a Jets fan[/quote]

LOL

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]And we've not yet begun contact!
                      [/quote]
                      Jesus, Mary and Joseph ; ( I guess the road to the SB this year is shaping up the exact same way like last year. Bummer, I'm trying to see the bright side but I just can't see one bro .
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="RoanokeFan"]And we've not yet begun contact!
                        [/quote]
                        Jesus, Mary and Joseph ; ( I guess the road to the SB this year is shaping up the exact same way like last year. Bummer, I'm trying to see the bright side but I just can't see one bro .[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Mary would be an UDFA []

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="RoanokeFan"]And we've not yet begun contact!
                          [/quote]
                          Jesus, Mary and Joseph ; ( I guess the road to the SB this year is shaping up the exact same way like last year. Bummer, I'm trying to see the bright side but I just can't see one bro .[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Mary would be an UDFA* []
                          [/quote]
                          LOL!
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="RoanokeFan"]And we've not yet begun contact!
                            [/quote]

The bright side is regardless how the season starts its gonna end the same way last season did. New bling for the team

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Hixon was the first of several injuries just running on the field
                              [/quote]
                              please tell me this should be in red.

Comment

Working...
                              X