Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lurking on 49ers MB and saw some interesting threads...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurking on 49ers MB and saw some interesting threads...

A lot of posters don't think Jacobs will make the team. If he gets cut, do we pick him up on the cheap? I kind of miss his toughness....

Re: Lurking on 49ers MB and saw some interesting threads...

[quote user="DaDiesel"]

A lot of posters don't think Jacobs will make the team. If he gets cut, do we pick him up on the cheap? I kind of miss his toughness....

[/quote]

I hope it doesn't happen for his sake.
    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

You miss his toughness in OTA's?

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]You miss his toughness in OTA's?[/quote]

Yup, the youngsters need to learn how we do it around here....

Comment

Yeah, there's a logjam at RB there. Either way, someone decent will have to get the chop.

Comment

I think Jacobs will make the team, and will beproductive next season.

The 49ers have a better run-blocking offensive line, and Jacobs style plays more into their system.

Comment

If Jacobs doesnt make the team, he would feel embarrassed as hell. And probably pay us to come back and then kick their ***** week 6.

Comment

Even if he makes the team, hes going to be used so sparingly. Gore, and two recent high draft picks...they have that power bacl his name escapes me, the balanced back in gore, and the speedster in the rb they just drafted outta oregon...

Bj will still get some carries i guess, but not many at all

Comment

Are they coaches? No, so they don't know jack **** about jacobs making the team.

Watch him make the team

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]You miss his toughness in OTA's?[/quote]

+1

Comment

I wish Jacobs would have stayed. Recent history has proved that when these guys leave, they don't do as well. Not sure why that is, maybe the Giants FO is pretty good at evaluating worth. I do wish that he makes the team in SF.

Comment

[quote user="galaxy10"]I wish Jacobs would have stayed.* Recent history has proved that when these guys leave, they don't do as well.* Not sure why that is, maybe the Giants FO is pretty good at evaluating worth. I do wish that he makes the team in SF.
                        [/quote]

I still think jabos has something to offer. Hes never really been a 20plus carry a game player. He has always split the load. It was just two seasons ago his ypc was huge and he nearly rushed for a thou as the backup.

And as much as the tip toeing made me sick, it will prob extend his career.

With an ol like the one sf has, i ciuld see jacobs being a nightmare, its just they have a bunch of quality rbs that r younger and more dynamic than bj...

I think bj made the decjsion to goto sf based on the ol we have. He had been somewhat vocal on it being th fault of the ol that the run game was struggling so badly

Comment

Did analysts ever call Jim Brown, Jerome Bettis, Mike Alstott, or Jamal Lewis "tip toe bandits"? Nope, and they had no reason to.

Jacobs toughness on the sidelines didn't follow him on the field apparently. He was more a product of our OLine's success than a good power RB.

He would have had more value when he hit the market. He ended up signing with a team that has a crowded back field and was given a 150k signing bonus on a 1.5m contract for 1 year. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

No, I think we parted ways with him at the right time, maybe even a little too late.
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]No, I think we parted ways with him at the right time, maybe even a little too late.
                              [/quote]

I wasn't happy to see Jacobs go......but I like the direction the Giants took in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X