Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants should end pre-season practices...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants should end pre-season practices...

I've never seen an NFL team as ridiculous as this one when it comes to injuries. Two days into OTA and we've got one CB done for the season and another out with a hamstring injury, plus our # WR done for 12 weeks at least while hoping that it doesn't hinder him for the rest of the season.

Something's wrong with the turf that they practice on, I'm assuming. Either change the practice area or stop practicing this time of the year. For the Giants, it's just not worth it.

Re: Giants should end pre-season practices...

And they shouldn't let the players cross roads, drive, go on roller coasters, fly, or leave their houses.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]And they shouldn't let the players cross roads, drive, go on roller coasters, fly, or leave their houses.
      [/quote]

You forgot clubbing with loaded firearms.

This **** happens EVERY year to EVERY team.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="Drez"]And they shouldn't let the players cross roads, drive, go on roller coasters, fly, or leave their houses.
        [/quote]

You forgot clubbing with loaded firearms.

This **** happens EVERY year to EVERY team.

[/quote]
        Yup. Sure, it seems it usually hits us a little harder, but pretty much same crap, different pile.

The star WR shooting himself in the leg thing only happens to us, lol.

Comment

Hey, if the numbers bear it out. They'd change it up... Wouldn't they???

Comment

At least it's now.

I think Manning needs to rub some injury luck on them

Comment

Hate to say it but I'm kind of all for the injuries......the last two SB winners were plagued by injuries more than any other teams in league.....apparently these days you have to limp into the playoffs to win the SB.......I smell another title.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]I've never seen an NFL team as ridiculous as this one when it comes to injuries. Two days into OTA and we've got one CB done for the season and another out with a hamstring injury, plus our # WR done for 12 weeks at least while hoping that it doesn't hinder him for the rest of the season.

Something's wrong with the turf that they practice on, I'm assuming. Either change the practice area or stop practicing this time of the year. For the Giants, it's just not worth it.[/quote]

Do you have a current injury list for every team?
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="bearbryant"]Hey, if the numbers bear it out. They'd change it up... Wouldn't they???[/quote]

These are non-contact activities. How do players get into football shape if they don't practice.

That's like buying a new car but leaving it in the garage so it doesn't get parking lot dings. Everything we do has associates risks.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="JJC7301"]I've never seen an NFL team as ridiculous as this one when it comes to injuries. Two days into OTA and we've got one CB done for the season and another out with a hamstring injury, plus our # WR done for 12 weeks at least while hoping that it doesn't hinder him for the rest of the season.

Something's wrong with the turf that they practice on, I'm assuming. Either change the practice area or stop practicing this time of the year. For the Giants, it's just not worth it.[/quote]

[/quote]
                    Injury list here. The Giants are certainly not alone.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]I've never seen an NFL team as ridiculous as this one when it comes to injuries. Two days into OTA and we've got one CB done for the season and another out with a hamstring injury, plus our # WR done for 12 weeks at least while hoping that it doesn't hinder him for the rest of the season. Something's wrong with the turf that they practice on, I'm assuming. Either change the practice area or stop practicing this time of the year. For the Giants, it's just not worth it.[/quote]

Eagles have already lost their starting OT for the season and the Ravens have already lost Suggs for the season.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="JJC7301"]I've never seen an NFL team as ridiculous as this one when it comes to injuries. Two days into OTA and we've got one CB done for the season and another out with a hamstring injury, plus our # WR done for 12 weeks at least while hoping that it doesn't hinder him for the rest of the season.

[/quote]
                        Injury list here. The Giants are certainly not alone.[/quote]
                        A quick search through that list and to me it seems like hardly any of those injuries are as serious as the Giants so far, at least concerning Nicks and Weatherspoon. Some WR on the 'boys, I believe, has the same injury as Nicks but other than that it looks like many of these "injuries" are either very minor or already existed before OTA.

My question is, which Giant will be going down with a serious injury today?

Comment

[quote user="BlueJayC"]Hate to say it but I'm kind of all for the injuries......the last two SB winners were plagued by injuries more than any other teams in league.....apparently these days you have to limp into the playoffs to win the SB.......I smell another title.[/quote]
                          I hear you, but it would be nice, for just once, to have a healthy team going into the season and playing lights-out for the entire year. Just once is all I'm asking.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="JJC7301"]I've never seen an NFL team as ridiculous as this one when it comes to injuries. Two days into OTA and we've got one CB done for the season and another out with a hamstring injury, plus our # WR done for 12 weeks at least while hoping that it doesn't hinder him for the rest of the season.

[/quote]
                            Injury list here. The Giants are certainly not alone.[/quote]
                            A quick search through that list and to me it seems like hardly any of those injuries are as serious as the Giants so far, at least concerning Nicks and Weatherspoon. Some WR on the 'boys, I believe, has the same injury as Nicks but other than that it looks like many of these "injuries" are either very minor or already existed before OTA.

My question is, which Giant will be going down with a serious injury today?[/quote]

No one is the answer. You simply can't play professional football with that as your first question of the say. "Serious" is different for every injury. When it happens has to be factored in. If it had to happen to Nicks this a good time for it since we've not had the first contact practice and he will be well on his way to healing by then. Schecter is now reporting that he's been told it could be as short as 4 weeks for Hakeem.

Witherspoon has been waived and replaced so that's a non-issue now.

This is the risk every team takes eveuy season.

Here's the full list:

Arizona Cardinals
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Greg Toler, CBQuestionableMay 22
                            Comment: Toler (knee) took to the field during Tuesday's OTAs, Darren Urban of the team's official site reports.
                            Jeff King, TEQuestionableMay 22
                            Comment:
                            King, who showed up to OTAs in a right leg brace and on crutches,
                            suffered a torn quadricep tendon during offseason workouts, Kent Somers
                            of the Arizona Republic reports.
                            Ryan Williams, RBQuestionableMay 22
                            Comment:
                            Williams (knee) did most of his work during Tuesday's OTAs on the
                            sideline working with a trainer, the Arizona Republic reports.
                            Beanie Wells, RBProbableMay 22
                            Comment:
                            Wells isn't being forthcoming about the nature of his knee injury, but
                            noted his offseason surgery "was a little more complicated" than just a
                            scope, the Arizona Republic reports.
                            Jeff King, TEQuestionableMay 22
                            Comment: King showed up at the team facility on crutches with his right leg in a brace, Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports.
                            Buffalo Bills
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Terrence McGee, CBProbableMay 23
                            Comment:
                            While McGee's recovery from a season-ending knee surgery (torn patellar
                            tendon) in November continues to move along, he still has a ways to go
                            before being ready for training camp, BuffaloBills.com reports. Said
                            McGee: "I'm not as limited as I was, but I'm sure I'm not where I need
                            to be to go out there and compete and keep a job or anything. I've still
                            got a ways to go."
                            Carolina Panthers
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Jon Beason, LBProbableMay 24
                            Comment: probable
                            Tauren Poole, RBProbableMay 24
                            Comment: Poole sat out Thursday's OTAs with a hamstring injury, the Charlotte Observer reports.
                            Jon Beason, LBQuestionableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Beason (Achilles) said he feels "great" but that the team is holding
                            him out of OTAs to keep him healthy, the Charlotte Observer reports.
                            Thomas Davis, LBQuestionableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Davis (knee) worked out during Thursday's OTAs wearing a brace on his
                            surgically repaired knee, Steve Reed of the Associated Press reports.
                            Chicago Bears
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Johnny Knox, WRDoubtfulMay 23
                            Comment: Knox (back) acknowledged that he may not play in 2012, the Chicago Tribune reports.
                            Brian Urlacher, LBQuestionableMay 23
                            Comment:
                            Urlacher is unlikely to participate in any of the Bears' voluntary
                            OTAs, but is not concerned over the health of his left knee, Vaughn
                            McClure of the Chicago Tribune reports.
                            Cleveland Browns
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Benjamin Watson, TEProbableMay 22
                            Comment: Watson (concussion) is healthy and practicing Tuesday, Nate Ulbrich from the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
                            Dallas Cowboys
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Felix Jones, RBProbableMay 23
                            Comment: Jones (shoulder) may not be available until training camp begins, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports.
                            Mike Jenkins, CBQuestionableMay 23
                            Comment: Jenkins will not be traded, according to Head coach Jason Garrett, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports.
                            Danny Coale, WROutMay 22
                            Comment:
                            Coale broke the fifth metatarsal in his left foot in Tuesday's
                            organized team activities, the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.
                            Danny Coale, WRQuestionableMay 22
                            Comment: Coale suffered a left foot injury during Tuesday's organized team activities, ESPN.com reports.
                            Mike Jenkins, CBQuestionableMay 21
                            Comment: Jenkins (shoulder) wants to be traded by the Cowboys, Brandon George The Dallas Morning News reports.
                            Denver Broncos
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Von Miller, LBProbableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Miller (thumb) is trying to bulk up for the upcoming season, hoping to
                            add eight to 10 pounds from his current 244, the Denver Post reports.
                            Eric Decker, WRProbableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Decker (knee) is trying to put on some weight after he lost a few
                            pounds over the course of last season, the Denver Post reports.
                            Demaryius Thomas, WRProbableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Thomas (finger) is down to 228 pounds from 232 at the end of last
                            season and said he wants to get down to 222 for the start of the season,
                            the Denver Post reports.
                            Peyton Manning, QBProbableMay 21
                            Comment: Manning (neck) impressed the Broncos' coaches and players during the first day of OTAs Monday, the Denver Post reports.
                            Knowshon Moreno, RBQuestionableMay 21
                            Comment: Moreno (knee) participated in organized team activities on Monday, the Denver Post reports.
                            Detroit Lions
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Jahvid Best, RBProbableMay 22
                            Jahvid Best, RBQuestionableMay 21
                            Comment: Best (concussion) remains on track to be fully cleared for contact next month, the Detroit Free Press reports.
                            Mikel Leshoure, RBQuestionableMay 21
                            Comment: Leshoure (Achilles) participated in the Lions' OTAs Monday, the Detroit Free Press reports.
                            Ryan Broyles, WRProbableMay 21
                            Comment:
                            Broyles participated in many of the wide receiver drills at Monday's
                            OTAs and wasn't wearing a knee brace, the Detroit Free Press reports.
                            Green Bay Packers
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Alex Green, RBQuestionableMay 23
                            Comment: Green (knee) did not participate in Tuesday's voluntary OTA practice, the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports.
                            Charlie Peprah, SProbableMay 23
                            Comment:
                            Peprah, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in the offseason, did
                            not participate in Tuesday's voluntary OTA practice, the Green Bay
                            Press-Gazette reports.
                            Houston Texans
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Darryl Sharpton, LBQuestionableMay 22
                            Comment: questionable
                            Darryl Sharpton, LBOutMay 22
                            Comment: out
                            Darryl Sharpton, LBOutMay 22
                            Comment:
                            Sharpton (quadriceps) has been limited to rehabilitation work so far
                            during the first two days of organized team activities, the Texans'
                            official site reports.
                            Andre Johnson, WRQuestionableMay 21
                            Comment:
                            Johnson, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee earlier
                            this month, expects to be sidelined for three-to four-weeks, the
                            Associated Press reports.
                            Matt Schaub, QBProbableMay 21
                            Comment:
                            As expected, Schaub was a non-participant on the first day of the
                            Texans' OTA's on Monday, as he continues to rehab his right foot, John
                            McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports.
                            Andre Johnson, WRProbableMay 21
                            Comment: Johnson underwent a left knee scope this offseason, Stephanie Stradley of The Houston Chronicle reports.
                            Jacksonville Jaguars
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Aaron Kampman, DEQuestionableMay 24
                            Comment: questionable
                            Rashean Mathis, CBProbableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Mathis (knee) is reportedly well ahead of schedule in his recovery from
                            a torn ACL and could be on the practice field as early as next month,
                            according to the Florida Times-Union.
                            Aaron Kampman, DEProbableMay 24
                            Comment: Kampman (knee) isn't expected back until during training camp, according to the Florida Times-Union.
                            Kansas City Chiefs
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Eric Berry, SProbableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Berry (knee) is not participating in drills during the Chiefs'
                            organized team activities as he continues to work his way back from the
                            torn ACL that ended his 2011 season in Week 1, the Kansas City Star
                            reports.
                            Leon Williams, LBProbableMay 22
                            Miami Dolphins
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Lamar Miller, RBProbableMay 22
                            Comment: Miller could see some time in the slot this season,a according to the Miami Herald.
                            Minnesota Vikings
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Michael Jenkins, WRProbableMay 23
                            Comment:
                            Jenkins says the torn meniscus in his knee has fully healed and he will
                            join Minnesota's Organized Team Activities that begin May 30, the St.
                            Paul Pioneer Press reports.
                            New York Giants
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Hakeem Nicks, WRDoubtfulMay 24
                            Comment: doubtful
                            Hakeem Nicks, WROutMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Nicks fractured the fifth metatarsal bone in his right foot during the
                            Giants' OTA's on Thursday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
                            Brian Witherspoon, CBWaived
                            May 23
                            Comment: Witherspoon (knee) was carted off the practice field Wednesday, NFL.com reports.
                            Oakland Raiders
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Rolando McClain, LBProbableMay 21
                            Comment: McClain is taking part in OTAs despite being convicted of assault charges last week, the Oakland Tribune reports.
                            Philadelphia Eagles
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Brent Celek, TEProbableMay 21
                            Comment: Celek (hip) will likely be limited when the Eagles begin OTAs in May, the Philadelphia Daily News reports.
                            Pittsburgh Steelers
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Rashard Mendenhall, RBDoubtfulMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Mendenhall, who has been able to run as he rehabs from his torn ACL,
                            admitted Wednesday that he has no real timetable for a return to action,
                            the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
                            San Diego Chargers
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Nate Kaeding, PKProbableMay 23
                            Nate Kaeding, PKQuestionableMay 23
                            Comment: Kaeding (torn ACL) is at full health as the 2012 season approaches, the North County Times reports.
                            St. Louis Rams
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Sam Bradford, QBProbableMay 25
                            Comment:
                            Bradford (ankle) believes the addition of a quarterbacks coach this
                            year will make a big difference for him, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
                            reports.
                            Sam Bradford, QBProbableMay 24
                            Comment:
                            Bradford, who suffered an ankle injury back on Oct. 16 last year,
                            acknowledges that he is still dealing with some lingering soreness, the
                            St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. "It's getting there," Bradford said.
                            "It seems to feel better every week. There's less soreness, more things I
                            can do. I think it's definitely on the right track."
                            Washington Redskins
                            NAMESTATUSDATE
                            Chris Cooley, TEProbableMay 22
                            Comment: Cooley (knee) is healthy and he is able to fully participate in organized team activities, the Washington Post reports.

Comment

Working...
                            X