Maybe instead of drafting 2 OTs......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe instead of drafting 2 OTs......

We should have drafted 2 WRs.....since we are already starting on a bad foot (no pun intended) with Nicks injury. Sorry I don't have alot of faith in Barden/JJ/Hixon.........

Re: Maybe instead of drafting 2 OTs......

I'm pretty sure nobody knew Nicks was going to break his foot. Also, didn't we draft Rueben Randle?
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Why can't JR predict the future? He should have known on draft day that Nicks would be out for 12 weeks.

Comment

I have been wanting to see what our back ups can do. I hope Hixon is given the opportunity to play a lot. I have faith in him. Barden hasn't had a chance due to injuries. JJ also has yet to prove himself but given the chance, may do well.
        Presuming our rookie is as good as advertised, he and Cruz can carry the load till Nicks returns to full strength. In addition, another rookie.Depaulo, or something like that is drawing rave revies

Comment

Hindsight is always 20/20

Comment

Don't worry we'll prob have a couple linemen get injured too.

Comment

Comment

Thank god you are not the GM.

Comment

[quote user="b_ELI_eve"]Why can't JR predict the future? He should have known on draft day that Nicks would be out for 12 weeks.[/quote]
                  In May. And maybe not even that long. And maybe only miss the first game.

Comment

Stacked at WR (just have to replace MM), OL is a disaster, and you want to draft WRs.

Which we did anyway taking Randle in the 2nd round...

Brilliant.

Oh and how would we know Nicks would be injured? And last I checked the injury report, he's out 12 weeks not dead.
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

If Eli doesn't have time to throw, who he is trying to throw to won't matter much.

It's not that I'm not concerned about Hakeem's injury - but I have confidence in Reese's pieces working out.

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Stacked at WR (just have to replace MM), OL is a disaster, and you want to draft WRs.

Which we did anyway taking Randle in the 2nd round...

Brilliant.

Oh and how would we know Nicks would be injured? And last I checked the injury report, he's out 12 weeks not dead.
                        [/quote]
                        You never know, SZJ, that WR we could have drafted in the 6th would have been BEAST!!!

Comment

Sigh . . . .

Comment

[quote user="chasjay"]If Eli doesn't have time to throw, who he is trying to throw to won't matter much.[/quote]
                            He seemed to fare pretty well with a dodgy o line last season...

Comment

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]We should have drafted 2 WRs.....since we are already starting on a bad foot (no pun intended) with Nicks injury. Sorry I don't have alot of faith in Barden/JJ/Hixon.........[/quote]

I think we are alright at WR. I do have some faith in Hixon because he is proven. I don't have a lot of faith in Barden. JJ is unproven outside of his preseason last year. And Rueben Randle has been said by many to be NFL Ready. If Eli Manning can help make Victor Cruz a better player then I don't see why he can't do it with any of these players. OL was a much bigger need for the Giants and thats why they drafted 2 OT's.
                              New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X