Memorial Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll

Re: Memorial Day

[quote user="FiremanBob"]These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll[/quote]God bless all Servicemen everywhere
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="FiremanBob"]These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll[/quote]Humbly and thankfully +1
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

God bless all those that keep us safe! You are not forgotten

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

A toast to our fallen Commrads, here! here! May their sacrafices never be forgotten!

Comment

God bless America!

Comment

I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who servedbefore me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B]
              "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

[quote user="FIFTY6G-MAN"]I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who served*before me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B][/quote]
                Thank YOU buddy
                And to all the servicemen/women stationed across the world, thank you for everything you do.
                God Bless America

Comment

[quote user="FiremanBob"]These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll[/quote]AMEN! They gave their lives so other may live. We will not forget them.

Comment

Thank you and to all that have served us in one way or another to preserve our way of life, and freedom.

Comment

[quote user="bleeding blue"][quote user="FIFTY6G-MAN"]I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who servedbefore me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B][/quote] Thank YOU buddy And to all the servicemen/women stationed across the world, thank you for everything you do. God Bless America[/quote]No problem! Trust me, it was my honor and duty.

Comment

[quote user="FiremanBob"]These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll[/quote]
                        +1. Here here.

Comment

Thank you to the real heroes of this world we live in. Your sacrifices and actions will never be forgotten. U-S-A !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Even though some people on this board may have been out for the ENTIRE weekend, I am pissed that this thread only had a few people add to the content! I have seen way more replies to BS threads on here way more times than ones that deserve atleast a thumbs up or a reply. Without the veterans this website would be not even possible since you would live in a communist or german world filled with soccer! Show some damn respect for the fallen men and women of the military that have died forYOUR freedom to gripe at contracts, rushing or passing yards and refereeing! That is all.....But show some respect...ALL OF YOU!

Comment

Wow Just WOW! I thought this MB actually gave a shat!

Comment

Working...
                              X