A question for Giant fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Giant fans

You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.

Re: A question for Giant fans

[quote user="Lambeau12"]You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.[/quote]

Teams/Players/Fans talk, that's what they do. I don't think GB did any more talking than anyone else, but you win the SB you should be able to do a little talking. It's the teams, like the Eagles and Cowboys that haven't done JACK in recent years and still feel they need to talk. Those are the ones that get under my skin.

Hopefully we'll have a good team this year and meet you guys in the playoffs again.

Comment

I wish the Giants the best but I dont want to play them in the playoffs again, that spells doom for us as of late.

Comment

I've never thought the Pack was a bad mannered team or fanbase at all... Devoted, yes. However, I didn't like how the media portrayed Rodgers as pretty much invincible in 2011, but the fanbase isn't to blame for that.

At least you guys got to get some media gravy for your lombardi during the 2011 season. The 2012 season hasn't even started yet and already the media has proclaimed that we're sunk in the water. Again, not your fault, that's all on the media.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.[/quote]

I'm not blaming Rodgers at all. I just happen to think that Eli is a better QB. But the keyword in that sentence is "Think"...

Oh and while I was rooting for the packers to lose at the end of the 2010 regular season (that was the only hope the Giants had of making the playoffs at that point), I did root for them once the postseason was underway. The pasting they gave the eagles probably prevented me from becoming suicidal...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I think they are pretty much even. I dont think one is better then the other. You guys got us in the playoffs though. Hopefully Rodgers can tie Eli with number of rings this year.

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.[/quote]

Arrogant and nice aren't mutually exclusive traits.

Comment

I don't consider the Packers to be that arrogant.

Perhaps ****iness creeps in when you're 15-1 and defending champs, that's natural. But I'll also add that the Discount Double Check really annoyed me, probably spurred on by the overexposure with the commercials and such. But it's hard to think of other quarterbacks who have TD celebrations like that (let alone how nauseating it was to see a WWE belt over Rodgers' shoulders during the Lombardi presentation). Wrong sport, first of all, and if you want to pick a classless sport it's hard to find something worse than pro wrestling. It feels like taunting to me. Clay Matthews also annoys me just a touch for his excessive celebration.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"]Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.[/quote]

[/quote]
                    That is what I said that he isnt arrogant.

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"]Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.[/quote]

[/quote]
                      That is what I said that he isnt arrogant.[/quote]
                      And what I'm saying is that just because he's nice doesn't mean that he isn't arrogant, too. Sorry, but Rodgers comes off as being a bit smug.

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]I don't consider the Packers to be that arrogant.

Perhaps ****iness creeps in when you're 15-1 and defending champs, that's natural.* But I'll also add that the Discount Double Check really annoyed me, probably spurred on by the overexposure with the commercials and such.* But it's hard to think of other quarterbacks who have TD celebrations like that (let alone how nauseating it was to see a WWE belt over Rodgers' shoulders during the Lombardi presentation).* It almost feels like taunting to me.* Clay Matthews also annoys me just a touch for his excessive celebration.

[/quote]
                        He is a classy guy. I know the commercials are annoying but no reason to dislike him. I find your quarterback to be the classiest in the league. I never hear him badmouth anyone. I hope we beat him but I like Eli. Trust me I hope we dont go as low as taunting anyone with excessive celebrations.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"]Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.[/quote]

[/quote]
                          And what I'm saying is that just because he's nice doesn't mean that he isn't arrogant, too. Sorry, but Rodgers comes off as being a bit smug.
                          [/quote]
                          He gave the Giants lots of credit in their super bowl title. No reason to hate him man.

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"]Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.[/quote]

[/quote]
                            [/quote]
                            He gave the Giants lots of credit in their super bowl title. No reason to hate him man.[/quote]
                            Who says I hate him? I just think he comes off as a little smug. Just like how he had to make it a point that he had been asked to do SNL, too. Just comes off as a bit petty and arrogant.

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.[/quote]

Generally speaking, I like the Packers, and their fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X