• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO'D HAVE THUNK IT?

JETS' HEAD COACH REX RYAN: WE WANT TO BE LIKE THE NEW YORK GIANTS

"Remember that false bravado New York
    Jets
    head coach Rex Ryan was slinging around the Big Apple only a year
    ago? Guaranteeing a Super Bowl victory for Gang Green, having curtains hung up
    in MetLife Stadium to cover murals of the New York
    Giants
    ' past success and relishing a 17-3 preseason victory over Big Blue in
    which he received that ridiculous Snoopy Trophy? Well, that's all out the window
    now and a humbled Ryan admitted on Thursday he'd like his team to be a lot more like the Giants.

"I want to win, I want to be special. Just like the Giants were last year, I
    want to be special. So that's what's driving me," Ryan said.

How the "mighty" have fallen. Less than two years removed from ripping the
    Giants apart for an entire chapter in his book, referring to the Jets as the
    "Big Brother" in this town, Ryan now envies the Giants and their accomplishments
    … wishing nothing more than to experience a tiny bit of their success.

"I admit it, I made a mistake by saying all that stuff before," said
    Ryan.

Alas, the Giants' motto proved true once again: "Talk is cheap. Play the
    game." They won it all with the Jets sitting at home watching. And ironically,
    their run to Super Bowl XLVI truly began with a 29-14 victory over Gang Green in
    week 16 … a game that ended with Ryan and running back Brandon Jacobs going
    toe-to-toe

We'll miss Ryan running his mouth, but then again, something tells us this
    more subdued head coach persona will likely be short lived."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: WHO'D HAVE THUNK IT?

Me Likey!!

Comment

Hard to believe that he's done talking . . . . .

Comment

One can only hope.
        Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

What a phoney sounding flip flopper. This makes him sound even more ridiculous. If you believe in your team and what you said last year, stick to your guns. Don't turncoat because things didnt roll your way.

Comment

ha, he'll won't keep his trap closed for long

thanks for the entertainment, Jets

Comment

He'll keep his mouth shut until the jets first win

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]JETS' HEAD COACH REX RYAN: WE WANT TO BE LIKE THE NEW YORK GIANTS

"Remember that false bravado New York
                Jets
                head coach Rex Ryan was slinging around the Big Apple only a year
                ago? Guaranteeing a Super Bowl victory for Gang Green, having curtains hung up
                in MetLife Stadium to cover murals of the New York
                Giants
                ' past success and relishing a 17-3 preseason victory over Big Blue in
                which he received that ridiculous Snoopy Trophy? Well, that's all out the window
                now and a humbled Ryan admitted on Thursday he'd like his team to be a lot more like the Giants.

"I want to win, I want to be special. Just like the Giants were last year, I
                want to be special. So that's what's driving me," Ryan said.

How the "mighty" have fallen. Less than two years removed from ripping the
                Giants apart for an entire chapter in his book, referring to the Jets as the
                "Big Brother" in this town, Ryan now envies the Giants and their accomplishments
                … wishing nothing more than to experience a tiny bit of their success.

"I admit it, I made a mistake by saying all that stuff before," said
                Ryan.

Alas, the Giants' motto proved true once again: "Talk is cheap. Play the
                game." They won it all with the Jets sitting at home watching. And ironically,
                their run to Super Bowl XLVI truly began with a 29-14 victory over Gang Green in
                week 16 … a game that ended with Ryan and running back Brandon Jacobs going
                toe-to-toe

We'll miss Ryan running his mouth, but then again, something tells us this
                more subdued head coach persona will likely be short lived."

[/quote]They can beat us in preseason again I don't mind
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]JETS' HEAD COACH REX RYAN: WE WANT TO BE LIKE THE NEW YORK GIANTS

"Remember that false bravado New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan was slinging around the Big Apple only a year ago? Guaranteeing a Super Bowl victory for Gang Green, having curtains hung up in MetLife Stadium to cover murals of the New York Giants' past success and relishing a 17-3 preseason victory over Big Blue in which he received that ridiculous Snoopy Trophy? Well, that's all out the window now and a humbled Ryan admitted on Thursday he'd like his team to be a lot more like the Giants.

"I want to win, I want to be special. Just like the Giants were last year, I want to be special. So that's what's driving me," Ryan said.

How the "mighty" have fallen. Less than two years removed from ripping the Giants apart for an entire chapter in his book, referring to the Jets as the "Big Brother" in this town, Ryan now envies the Giants and their accomplishments … wishing nothing more than to experience a tiny bit of their success.

"I admit it, I made a mistake by saying all that stuff before," said Ryan.

Alas, the Giants' motto proved true once again: "Talk is cheap. Play the game." They won it all with the Jets sitting at home watching. And ironically, their run to Super Bowl XLVI truly began with a 29-14 victory over Gang Green in week 16 … a game that ended with Ryan and running back Brandon Jacobs going toe-to-toe.

We'll miss Ryan running his mouth, but then again, something tells us this more subdued head coach persona will likely be short lived."

[/quote]They can beat us in preseason again I don't mind[/quote]

Again? Has Rex beaten us in the preseason? Even with his starters and our backups we beat them up.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]JETS' HEAD COACH REX RYAN: WE WANT TO BE LIKE THE NEW YORK GIANTS

"Remember that false bravado New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan was slinging around the Big Apple only a year ago? Guaranteeing a Super Bowl victory for Gang Green, having curtains hung up in MetLife Stadium to cover murals of the New York Giants' past success and relishing a 17-3 preseason victory over Big Blue in which he received that ridiculous Snoopy Trophy? Well, that's all out the window now and a humbled Ryan admitted on Thursday he'd like his team to be a lot more like the Giants.

"I want to win, I want to be special. Just like the Giants were last year, I want to be special. So that's what's driving me," Ryan said.

How the "mighty" have fallen. Less than two years removed from ripping the Giants apart for an entire chapter in his book, referring to the Jets as the "Big Brother" in this town, Ryan now envies the Giants and their accomplishments … wishing nothing more than to experience a tiny bit of their success.

"I admit it, I made a mistake by saying all that stuff before," said Ryan.

Alas, the Giants' motto proved true once again: "Talk is cheap. Play the game." They won it all with the Jets sitting at home watching. And ironically, their run to Super Bowl XLVI truly began with a 29-14 victory over Gang Green in week 16 … a game that ended with Ryan and running back Brandon Jacobs going toe-to-toe.

We'll miss Ryan running his mouth, but then again, something tells us this more subdued head coach persona will likely be short lived."

[/quote]They can beat us in preseason again I don't mind[/quote]

Again? Has Rex beaten us in the preseason? Even with his starters and our backups we beat them up.

[/quote]
                    Yeah. They beat us this past year in the preseason. the Jets are the proud owners of the Snoopy Trophy, lol.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]What a phoney sounding flip flopper. This makes him sound even more ridiculous. If you believe in your team and what you said last year, stick to your guns. Don't turncoat because things didnt roll your way.[/quote]

Admitting you're wrong isn't flip flopping.

Comment

What is he suppose to say? My arrogant smack talk was the right way to go....

Comment

[quote user="Captain Chaos"]What is he suppose to say? My arrogant smack talk was the right way to go....[/quote] Yes
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I can't wait to see an article tomorrow:

"REX RYAN CLAIMS ANOTHER LOMBARDI IN NEW YORK NEXT YEAR"

This time he might actually mean for the Giants again

Comment

Rex Ryan is now welcome to come post in the NYGiants forum anytime he likes.

"You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                              X