performance-enhancing drugs.

Brown tweeted that the suspension had been lifted, and multiple reports
    confirmed it.

Brown told CBSSports.com last week that he was appealing. He claimed the
    substance was Adderall, “something that I’ve been on since I’ve been in the
    league,” he said.

Brown spent last season on the Giants’ practice squad. He only has two
    carries in his two seasons in the NFL."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' RB BROWN HAS SUSPENSION LIFTED

REPEAT!!!!!
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Well that changes things...wares seat should be getting pretty hot

Comment

I am happy for Mr Brown, I'm really looking foward to this years running back competition. He's got a ring and now lets see him prove his worth!

Comment

He is going to be a great practice squad player for the giants this upcoming season
          sigpic

Comment

To me, it seems like the future is looking bright for this team.

A lot of depth on offense, a lot of competition.

Comment

Definitely an interesting battle at RB. Bradshaw and David Wilson are safe of course. But Ware, Brown and Scott. It's hard to say Ware is the odd man out because we know he won't get Eli killed. As far as pure talent though, he should be gone.

Comment

Ive read he also bulked up to 240 that sounds good to me

The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

I don't get the excitement over Brown on this MB.

He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year. I'll be shocked is he makes the team.

Comment

[quote user="sharick88"]He is going to be a great practice squad player for the giants this upcoming season[/quote]

I'm almost positive he is no longer eligible for any team's practice squad. 2 years on PS is the max.

Comment

[quote user="Spedracer"][quote user="sharick88"]He is going to be a great practice squad player for the giants this upcoming season[/quote]

I'm almost positive he is no longer eligible for any team's practice squad. 2 years on PS is the max.[/quote]
                      He spent a lot of time on IR, too. Not too sure if '10 counted for him as he spent time on a couple different teams and wasn't on the PS the entire time. There's also a stipulation for a 3rd year on PS. Here's the rules for PS eligibility.

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

[*]Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);[*]Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;[*]If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third
                        season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive
                        list for the duration of that player's employment.[/list]

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year.* I'll be shocked is he makes the team.

[/quote]He just hasnt looked the same as he did at NC State

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year.* I'll be shocked is he makes the team.

[/quote]Yes because we all know how actively practice squads and waiver wires are raided to find that upgrade for that golden 3rd/4th RB spot...
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year. I'll be shocked is he makes the team.

[/quote]Yes because we all know how actively practice squads and waiver wires are raided to find that upgrade for that golden 3rd/4th RB spot...[/quote]

So he passed through waivers and didn't get plucked off the PS by any other teamnot because no other team wanted him, but becauseNFL teams can't be bothered to look at other teams' practice squads and/or the waiver wire to upgrade their rosters?

My bad then . . . . make way for the next Barry Sanders!!

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]Yes because we all know how actively practice squads and waiver wires are raided to find that upgrade for that golden 3rd/4th RB spot...[/quote]

So he passed through waivers and didn't get plucked off the PS by any other teamnot because no other team wanted him, but becauseNFL teams can't be bothered to look at other teams' practice squads and/or the waiver wire to upgrade their rosters?

My bad then . . . . make way for the next Barry Sanders!!

[/quote]

woot woot!!

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                              X