Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we are confident we will resign Osi next season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think we are confident we will resign Osi next season?

If so...

Do you think we would of restructured him this season if we didn't plan on giving him a new contract next season?

Still working on details, but early
    word is the deal doubles his '12 salary to $7.5M and still allows him to
    be a free agent in March. #NYG

I have to believe we feel strongly about him coming back, no?
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Still a little confused.. is Osi still a FA next season?

Yes, guaranteed we won't franchise him.

Comment

Still a free agent and also apparently and agreement not to franchise him.

Comment

Yes...It's looking like he'll be a FA after this year.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

That's what I've read so that leads me to believe we feel good about resigning him next season? Otherwise why double his salary just for one year?

Obvious reasons would be so the distractions/headaches end for both both sides and Osi can concentrate on being the best he can be next season.

I just hope we lock him up......
          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

I think if the giants wanted him for more than one year they would have worked out a longer deal now. Why double his salary for one year instead of spreading it out over a couple?

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]That's what I've read so that leads me to believe we feel good about resigning him next season? Otherwise why double his salary just for one year?

Obvious reasons would be so the distractions/headaches end for both both sides and Osi can concentrate on being the best he can be next season.

I just hope we lock him up......
              [/quote]

I'd rather try and resign both Nicks and Cruz than Osi and Nicks or Cruz.

Or let's say Osi gets locked up, what do you think that means for Tuck? We have JPP to worry about also. I think it's also safe to say that Webster, KP, Joseph, are all goners as well.

Our money is better spent elsewhere.

Comment

With all the hard feelings out of the way and the relief of at least a temporary new deal I think that Osi will get a new deal next year that will keep him at the Giants until he retires.

Comment

I'm thinking this is a well applied band aid.... makes him feel good, keeps him playing at a high level, because he needs his value to be high going into FA, and gives us another year to evaluate whether or not he is worth a bigger contract, or how much tread is still left on the tire. I say it's a brilliant move by JR, it solves several problems at once.

Comment

No...I dont think they intend to sign him unless he relaxes his financial requirements to retire as a Giant.
                    I believe we again, draft a DE early in the 2013 draft to get ready to perform off the bat.
                    I don't like it because you know the Eagles will be looking him over.
                    There has been alot of garbage in the off-seasons in the Osi camp and I think Reese is fed up and is ALL IN for a repeat superbowl and then let him go....That would be very much worth it to me.
                    Osi is still the #3 DE/situational pass rusher and very limited against the run. His payday will have to be with another team since Reese is very likely not interested in overpaying for a pure pass-rush guy.

Comment

Re: Do you think we are confident we will resign Osi next season?

Oh man, I thought he was resigned...not just restructured. This sucks -- I want him around long term, but not at the cost of JPP and Tuck. He's gone after this season and that just sucks.

Comment

This deal is perfection. I think everyone in the Giants organization knows that there is a special oppurtunity this year to repeat and become a dynasty. This deal makes Osi happy, shows the team that they do take care of the players and puts Osi in a contract year playing for one last big deal. With the Nicks, Cruz and JPP deals looming I think they'll let Osi go regardless of his production. One more year with the spoil's of 3 great DE's and then move on with JPP and Tuck and find some more in the draft.

Comment

Disappointed. Would have loved to have Osi here the next couple of years

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]Disappointed. Would have loved to have Osi here the next couple of years[/quote]
                            As much as we'd all love that to happen, we just don't have the cap room to make that a reality.

Comment

No he shouldn't be with the Giants after 012 because he will cost too much money and the Giants have JPP. It will be time for the Giants to draft another DE to replace Osi. Since there are a lot of ways to put a team together, Giants won't keep Osi longer. That is what I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X