Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martellus Bennett update from todays OTAs

Mike Garafolo?@MikeGarafolo

TE Martellus Bennett said he's 291 lbs because he's actually in great shape. Has worked to bulk up. Says his pants size has gone down. #nyg

Ralph Vacchiano?@TheBlueScreen

Great moments in sports journalism: Giants TE Martellus Bennett standing in front of the media in just shorts saying "Do I look fat?" #NYG

The intrepid @NYPost_Schwartz notes Bennett conducted his interview shirtless. "I had to let the world see" his "6 1/2 pack" abs. #nyg

Bennett said he got up to 291 because he "rocked out" in the weight room this offseason. He said he turned himself into "a physical freak."

Bennett: "I'm looking like Atlas, not Professor Klump." #HerculesHercules #nyg

Martellus Bennett on his "Atlas" body: "I'm one of the top 5 strongest guys on this team right now." #NYG

Re: Martellus Bennett update from todays OTAs

Lets not jump on Bennett to fast here guys, he is almost 6 foot 7 so he may only have to drop 10 pounds.

Comment

I bet everyone calling him fat actually looks fatter than him

Comment

Looking forward to seeing him open some holes for the RBs.
        "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

So all the fears of him being lazy and not dedicated can be washed away. Sounds like he is taking this very serious.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]So all the fears of him being lazy and not dedicated can be washed away. Sounds like he is taking this very serious.[/quote]My point exactly, this guy isn't dumb. He can make a name for himself and get a nice pay day at the end of the season if he shows his potential. Also if he knew he got "fat" he sure as heck wouldnt be doing a shirtless interview with a six pack at 290 pounds.

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I bet everyone calling him fat actually looks fatter than him[/quote]

That's pretty much a statistical certainty. Of course, I look better than him, but I don't know about the rest of you.

I'd like to believe him, but let's remember, this thing started because the coaches were saying he's too heavy for his legs. I'm glad he's defending himself, though -- that tells me that he's feeling the heat from the fans. We expect him to show up and work hard, and it seems that message has been heard.

Comment

Maybe I had the guy wrong . . . . if he is the 5th strongest guy on the team, that is pretty impressive.

Do you think that his teammates will think that he is sort of a tool for publicly declaring himself the 5th strongest guy on the team? It's a little weird . . . .

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Maybe I had the guy wrong . . . . if he is the 5th strongest guy on the team, that is pretty impressive.

Do you think that his teammates will think that he is sort of a tool for publicly declaring himself the 5th strongest guy on the team?* It's a little weird . . . .

[/quote]Not at all they shouldn't think that, if you were falsely being accused of something wouldnt you want to clear it up? thats all he did. bennett is well liked throughout the locker room it has been reported that he got along with everyone real fast

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Do you think that his teammates will think that he is sort of a tool for publicly declaring himself the 5th strongest guy on the team? It's a little weird . . . .

[/quote]I think that's wrong. On his way to the food, he is the strongest man on the team.

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Do you think that his teammates will think that he is sort of a tool for publicly declaring himself the 5th strongest guy on the team?* It's a little weird . . . .

[/quote]I think that's wrong. On his way to the food, he is the strongest man on the team.

[/quote]

lol

Comment

This guy is funny. Atlas. LMAO!

Comment

[quote user="NYGiants2120"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]Not at all they shouldn't think that, if you were falsely being accused of something wouldnt you want to clear it up? thats all he did. bennett is well liked throughout the locker room it has been reported that he got along with everyone real fast[/quote]

How do you know that he is well-like in the locker room? Link?

Comment

Muscled up or not 290 is too much for him. Lower body strength and conditioning is far more important than 6 1/2 pack abs or big hulking arms. Adding 21 lbs is going to affect his speed, quickness, flexibility, stamina and expose his legs to more injury.

Knucklehead move conducting an interview shirtless. Someone should explain the cultural differences between DAL and NYG. This reminds me of Shockey and his idiotic behavior.

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"] Adding 21 lbs [/quote]

He didnt add 21 pounds. He added like 10.

And where are you getting the idea that all he did was build his upper body and he has tiny little legs?

Comment

Working...
                              X