Kiwi questions are puzzling me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi questions are puzzling me?

Why do I keep hearing about Kiwi back to DE. He finally looked great at the strong side LB last year and we won the SB with him there. With Tuck, Osi, and JPP why would he go back to DE?

Re: Kiwi questions are puzzling me?

People cant handle a guy that plays multiple positions.

Kiwi has to be a full time something or people throw a fit.

No idea why.

But Kiwi was one of the best run stuffing LBs in the entire league. Not sure why anyone would want to remove that from the defense.

Comment

[quote user="g_menfan80"]Why do I keep hearing about Kiwi back to DE. He finally looked great at the strong side LB last year and we won the SB with him there. With Tuck, Osi, and JPP why would he go back to DE?[/quote]

i think that was more with OSi returning being up in the air. If hes gone after this year i think it would be a good move.

A pass rsuhing DE is better than 1-2 down 4-3 OLB
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][A pass rsuhing DE is better than 1-2 down 4-3 OLB
        [/quote]

Again. I dont understand how Kiwi has to be either an OLB or a DE.

Why cant he continue to play both?

Play LB on 1-2nd downs, and then move to DE

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][A pass rsuhing DE is better than 1-2 down 4-3 OLB
          [/quote]

Play LB on 1-2nd downs, and then move to DE[/quote]

Well he was moved to lb when we had a need. If osi is leaving next season, we will need a legitimate third de...

And a de is move valuable than a two down lb...

But i still think we use him in both roles. He can just get more snaps at de, which last season, with jpp tuck osi and tolly, there wasnt many going around past them...

Its about getting the best players on the field. Kiwi will see the field alot bc he is one of our better d players

Comment

Kiwi was an average DE.

He is one of the best run stopping LBs in the league.

Take him from where he is playing his best and move to him to a place he is less effective.

Comment

[quote user="g_menfan80"]Why do I keep hearing about Kiwi back to DE. He finally looked great at the strong side LB last year and we won the SB with him there. With Tuck, Osi, and JPP why would he go back to DE?[/quote]

It was a option to consider when Osi was iffy.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Exactly he was an OK DE. He had a great rookie year except for the Vince Young non sack and then in 08 when Stray retired and Osi got hurt he actually wasn't that impressive. I remember towards the end of the season with Tuck wore down we were pleading for him to make play's. Last year he looked fantastic as the hybrid LB and blitzing on 3rd down's. This should be his role for the remainder of his career.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Kiwi was an average DE.

He is one of the best run stopping LBs in the league.

Take him from where he is playing his best and move to him to a place he is less effective.[/quote]
                  we always get into this...kiwi was what a second yr player when we moved him??? He led the team in sacks one season before he got hurt and also had a three sack game vs washington or philly. We discussed that one time i believe it was washington.
                  the truth is kiwi was a young de who showed flashes of excellent to level de play. If jpp was moved to lb before this season, would u say he was an avg de based on such a small sample size??

Kiwi was a young, extremely talented de who showed great versatility and flashes of dominance...it was part of the reason we moved him. He was too good to sit behind osi and tuck, similar to jpps situation.kiwi was just three yrs earlier when there was no chance anyone would start over osi, tuck didnt even until stray retired.

To say kiwi was an avg de is flat wrong or at the least, a premature statement.
                  had kiwi stayed at de and never switched, i bet hed be considered one of the better des. He was good vs the run, and could get to the qb even though he was a bit raw/lacked an arsenal of rush moves.

Comment

[quote user="g_menfan80"]Exactly he was an OK DE. He had a great rookie year except for the Vince Young non sack and then in 08 when Stray retired and Osi got hurt he actually wasn't that impressive. I remember towards the end of the season with Tuck wore down we were pleading for him to make play's. Last year he looked fantastic as the hybrid LB and blitzing on 3rd down's. This should be his role for the remainder of his career.[/quote]

U mean the year he led the team in pressures???

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]
                      we always get into this...kiwi was what a second yr player when we moved him??? He led the team in sacks one season before he got hurt and also had a three sack game vs washington or philly. [/quote]
                      And he was playing LB that season...

. If jpp was moved to lb before this season, would u say he was an avg de based on such a small sample size??
                      Kiwi had an entire season as a starting DE. He was average.

kiwi was just three yrs earlier when there was no chance anyone would start over osi, tuck didnt even until stray retired.
                      If Kiwi went out and put together a 16.5 sack season as primarily a backup player, he would have stayed at DE. But he had a season where he started 16 games, and was not anywhere near as good as the other DEs.

To say kiwi was an avg de is flat wrong or at the least, a premature statement.
                      had kiwi stayed at de and never switched, i bet hed be considered one of the better des.
                      Thats just nonsense. He started more games at DE than JPP has. How do you figure that thats premature?

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]U mean the year he led the team in pressures???[/quote]

Yep, the guy who could never finish the job.

He led the team in pressures in what year? 08? When Osi was on IR and the only other DE on the team was Tuck... And Tuck was clearly the better DE that season, by a huge amount.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][A pass rsuhing DE is better than 1-2 down 4-3 OLB
                          [/quote]

Play LB on 1-2nd downs, and then move to DE[/quote]

Kiwi refused to switch back to DE after switching several times.

Players spend most of their meeting and film study time in sub-groups -- D-line, LB, and secondary travel in different orbits during the week. Not to mention the techniques they practice, etc, are vastly different.

If you're doing both you're half-assing both.
                          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Kiwi refused to switch back to DE after switching several times.[/quote]

I never heard this.

But either way, Kiwi resigned knowing he would be playing LB and some DE.

Comment

Kiwi has never refused to do anything that's why he got paid! Yup in 08 he couldn't finish the job, 8 sacks is descent but lot of 'should have' pressure's. Not a lot of tackles for 16 games at DE and completely healthy

Comment

Working...
                              X