Best D-Line in Football next Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best D-Line in Football next Season?

I think it is between us and the Eagles realistically.

Canty and Joseph are high Quality players, and we have three Top-Notch DEs.

If Marvin Austin can do what he is capable of I think we are looking at 6 High Quality Linemen.

The Eagles have some real good players up front too, but Pierre-Paul gives us an edge I think.

Thoughts?

Re: Best D-Line in Football next Season?

Yeah, I think so. Teams are lucky to have one elite D-end - the Giants have three.

This line should be able to bring the heat all game long. Health is the only thing that can slow it down.

OCs and QBs must hate seeing "New York Giants" on their schedule.

Comment

Giants hands down if you count Kiwi being able to apply pressure, not so much getting to the QB, but standing lineman up for the others to attack.

If Austin really comes through that leaves us with 2 run stuffing DT's (Joesph, Rogers) and 2 pass rushers (Canty, Austin). which would open up endless possible rush combinations at Fewell's disposal.

As far as our DE's go we all know Jpp, Tuck, and Osi will do their job. Mix in Tracy or Trattou, 2 talented depth guys, and fatigue is a something you'll never have to worry about.
      There will always be 2 fresh D-Linemen in the game at all times which is sweet.

The Giants are really miles ahead of the other teams when it comes to quality, depth, and talent on the d-line.

Comment

We have the best D line in football. And there is no close second. Depth and talent.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Take your pick with Philly. It really is a toss up.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Yeah i agree. its between the giants and the eagles

the eagles i think had 46 defensive line sacks last year, whereas the giants had 41.5 defensive line sacks... which is impressive considering the injuries to osi/tuck during the course of the year

In the end, ill take the giants defensive line over phillys because of the run defense factor. I know the eagles are a 1-gap up field, attacking scheme and didnt have quality linebackers last year, but I don't think they'd hold up well against the run even if they were more disciplined. the giants have the pass rush and run-stuffing capabilities

Comment

We should have the best pass rush in the league.

But I don't understand why people assume that problems we had last season are just going to fix themselves.

Chris Canty doesn't bring it every play. Is he suddenly going to change his attitude? Perhaps but we have no reason to assume so and LJ would need to take a signifcant step for us to have a legit 1-2 punch at DT.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]We should have the best pass rush in the league. But I don't understand why people assume that problems we had last season are just going to fix themselves. Chris Canty doesn't bring it every play. Is he suddenly going to change his attitude? Perhaps but we have no reason to assume so and LJ would need to take a signifcant step for us to have a legit 1-2 punch at DT.[/quote]

This. I can't say I'm not concerned given the dismal performance by our defense last year. Yeah, people were hurt, but dang we were BAD. With the talent we sitll had, there was no excuse to be as bad as we were.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]We should have the best pass rush in the league.

But I don't understand why people assume that problems we had last season are just going to fix themselves.

Chris Canty doesn't bring it every play. Is he suddenly going to change his attitude? Perhaps but we have no reason to assume so and LJ would need to take a signifcant step for us to have a legit 1-2 punch at DT.[/quote]

Canty doesn't bring it every play? What?

Linval would have to step it up? He played his *** off all season and most importantly the playoffs. Guy is a force that keeps getting better.

Don't really understand those comments.
                  "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Oh and as far as D-line's go we are second to NO ONE.

Osi--JPP--Tuck--Kiwi--Canty--Linval--Austin--Rogers--Trattou?

Tell me any unit that can compete with the quality and quantity of our D-line.
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="burier"]We should have the best pass rush in the league.

Chris Canty doesn't bring it every play. Is he suddenly going to change his attitude? Perhaps but we have no reason to assume so and LJ would need to take a signifcant step for us to have a legit 1-2 punch at DT.[/quote]

Canty doesn't bring it every play? What?

Linval would have to step it up? He played his *** off all season and most importantly the playoffs. Guy is a force that keeps getting better.

Don't really understand those comments.
                      [/quote]

I didnt say he needed to step up..He played well. I said he needed to take a step if he wants to be part of a dominate DT tandem. Same goes for Canty.

You should turn on the film of Canty. Infamous for taking plays off/running around blocks etc.
                      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]Take your pick with Philly. It really is a toss up.[/quote]

Maybe its the hate. But I still don't understand the love for philly's D-line. Their sack numbers were blown up because they are a one track D. I can't really say they are better than Detroit who actually plays the run.
                        Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="gmen0820"]Take your pick with Philly. It really is a toss up.[/quote]

Maybe its the hate. But I still don't understand the love for philly's D-line. Their sack numbers were blown up because they are a one track D. I can't really say they are better than Detroit who actually plays the run.[/quote]We have them beat at ends, they have us beat at DTs.

Jenkins, Patterson, Landri, Cox > Canty, Rogers, Joseph, Austin

JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi > Babin, Cole, Curry, Parker

I think both teams have two elite pass rushers, and solid interiors. It's the third guy that's a trade off. NY has a better 3rd and 4th pass rusher, and Philly has a better 3rd and 4th DT.

Trade off in my mind.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]We have the best D line in football.* And there is no close second. Depth and talent.[/quote] Giants are better but Philly is very good. Cole and Babin are very solid starters. What gives the Giants the edge is that Brandon Graham has not panned out. I think the rookie FLetcher Cox is going to be an absolute monster and Curry was 1 of the best pass rushers in the draft but they are unknowns

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="gmen0820"]Take your pick with Philly. It really is a toss up.[/quote]

Maybe its the hate. But I still don't understand the love for philly's D-line. Their sack numbers were blown up because they are a one track D. I can't really say they are better than Detroit who actually plays the run.[/quote]

im not so sure i would say detroit's d-line plays the run. i think they're just as undisciplined as philly's dline is.

Comment

Working...
                              X