Giants will regret not drafting Courtney Upshaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants will regret not drafting Courtney Upshaw

you can never have enough pass rushers as ernie accorsi said..upshaw not only could rush the QB but can cover the TE & Rb out of backfield.. a 3 down LB..why did jerry pass on him ..wilson i'm not sure is what the giants need..he will continue to fumble as all young ball handlers do until they get used to speed of NFL (see dave megett & JJ from troy last yr)..he will also turn a no gainer into a 15 yard loss..if gmen had 5 guys they were looking at why didnt they trade down & get an xtra pick

Re: Giants will regret not drafting Courtney Upshaw

I don't have to defend my positon on our LB's. I am well entrenched in the position that we STILL need to improve there. RB however is a much higher priority along with OL. We'll deal with finding our next great pass rusher in next year's draft.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I really wanted the giants to draft Upshaw as I am an Alabama fan a d watched this kid all through his college career. However I am happy with the Wilson pick.

I was also high on us picking up Donta Hightower
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Danny Ware was the #2 RB before the draft, enough said.

Comment

[quote user="alau53"]you can never have enough pass rushers as ernie accorsi said..upshaw not only could rush the QB but can cover the TE & Rb out of backfield.. a 3 down LB..why did jerry pass on him ..wilson i'm not sure is what the giants need..he will continue to fumble as all young ball handlers do until they get used to speed of NFL (see dave megett & JJ from troy last yr)..he will also turn a no gainer into a 15 yard loss..if gmen had 5 guys they were looking at why didnt they trade down & get an xtra pick[/quote]dude, haven't u learned by now that NOT trusting jerry reese is completely assanine? smh...
          sigpic
          Opposing wideouts

D.ont
          R.ecieve
          C.atches

Comment

[quote user="Manstache"][quote user="alau53"]you can never have enough pass rushers as ernie accorsi said..upshaw not only could rush the QB but can cover the TE & Rb out of backfield.. a 3 down LB..why did jerry pass on him ..wilson i'm not sure is what the giants need..he will continue to fumble as all young ball handlers do until they get used to speed of NFL (see dave megett & JJ from troy last yr)..he will also turn a no gainer into a 15 yard loss..if gmen had 5 guys they were looking at why didnt they trade down & get an xtra pick[/quote]dude, haven't u learned by now that NOT trusting jerry reese is completely assanine? smh...[/quote]

For sure, just like bashing Eli and Coughlin, but so many fans managed to do that too, smh.

Comment

[quote user="Jobarulz"][quote user="Manstache"][quote user="alau53"]you can never have enough pass rushers as ernie accorsi said..upshaw not only could rush the QB but can cover the TE & Rb out of backfield.. a 3 down LB..why did jerry pass on him ..wilson i'm not sure is what the giants need..he will continue to fumble as all young ball handlers do until they get used to speed of NFL (see dave megett & JJ from troy last yr)..he will also turn a no gainer into a 15 yard loss..if gmen had 5 guys they were looking at why didnt they trade down & get an xtra pick[/quote]dude, haven't u learned by now that NOT trusting jerry reese is completely assanine? smh...[/quote]

For sure, just like bashing Eli and Coughlin, but so many fans managed to do that too, smh.[/quote]im completely stupified by that logic of thinking as well bruh.
              sigpic
              Opposing wideouts

D.ont
              R.ecieve
              C.atches

Comment

[quote user="Manstache"][quote user="Jobarulz"][quote user="Manstache"][quote user="alau53"]you can never have enough pass rushers as ernie accorsi said..upshaw not only could rush the QB but can cover the TE & Rb out of backfield.. a 3 down LB..why did jerry pass on him ..wilson i'm not sure is what the giants need..he will continue to fumble as all young ball handlers do until they get used to speed of NFL (see dave megett & JJ from troy last yr)..he will also turn a no gainer into a 15 yard loss..if gmen had 5 guys they were looking at why didnt they trade down & get an xtra pick[/quote]dude, haven't u learned by now that NOT trusting jerry reese is completely assanine? smh...[/quote]

For sure, just like bashing Eli and Coughlin, but so many fans managed to do that too, smh.[/quote]im completely stupified by that logic of thinking as well bruh.[/quote]

True that. I liked Upshaw, but RB was a huge need. Besides, if Keith Rivers is healthy he has star ability at LB. I have a feeling that is gonna be a steal for Reese and the Giants.

Comment

[quote user="Jobarulz"]Danny Ware was the #2 RB before the draft, enough said.[/quote]That's what I am talking about althoughDJW would have sunk to #3 behind JJ by the start of the season.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Jobarulz"]Danny Ware was the #2 RB before the draft, enough said.[/quote]That's what I am talking about althoughDJW would have sunk to #3 behind JJ by the start of the season.[/quote]

JJ?

Comment

[quote user="alau53"]you can never have enough pass rushers as ernie accorsi said..upshaw not only could rush the QB but can cover the TE & Rb out of backfield.. a 3 down LB..why did jerry pass on him ..wilson i'm not sure is what the giants need..he will continue to fumble as all young ball handlers do until they get used to speed of NFL (see dave megett & JJ from troy last yr)..he will also turn a no gainer into a 15 yard loss..if gmen had 5 guys they were looking at why didnt they trade down & get an xtra pick[/quote]
                      Wouldn't Upshaw be more of an end here and not a LB?

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="Jobarulz"]Danny Ware was the #2 RB before the draft, enough said.[/quote]That's what I am talking about although*DJW would have sunk to #3 behind JJ by the start of the season.[/quote]

JJ?
                        [/quote]

Jernigan
                        Emperor Tom

Comment

In Reese we trust.
                          Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="Jobarulz"]Danny Ware was the #2 RB before the draft, enough said.[/quote]That's what I am talking about althoughDJW would have sunk to #3 behind JJ by the start of the season.[/quote]

JJ?
                            [/quote]

Jernigan[/quote]
                            That's the only thing I can think of and Jerrnigan is a WR, not a RB... SO, I don't know how he'd become our 2 back, lol.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="Jobarulz"]Danny Ware was the #2 RB before the draft, enough said.[/quote]That's what I am talking about althoughDJW would have sunk to #3 behind JJ by the start of the season.[/quote]

JJ?
                              [/quote] Jernigan[/quote]
                              That's the only thing I can think of and Jerrnigan is a WR, not a RB... SO, I don't know how he'd become our 2 back, lol.
                              [/quote]Sorry boys and girls, I meant Da'Rel Scott. I was in a rush to make my point that we are thin at RB and it was a higher priority than LB, nothing at all against Upshaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X