Is Big Ben Better Than Eli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Big Ben Better Than Eli?

According to the folks who voted for the top 100... Big Ben is the better QB. Sorry, I just don't see it. Heck, I rank out of the top 100 for his character flaws alone.... not to mention his SB performances have not been stellar by any stretch.... on the other hand, Eli is clutch when it matters, and you don't have to worry about him getting caught up in alleged rape cases by multiple women.

Re: Is Big Ben Better Than Eli?

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]

According to the folks who voted for the top 100... Big Ben is the better QB. Sorry, I just don't see it. Heck, I rank out of the top 100 for his character flaws alone.... not to mention his SB performances have not been stellar by any stretch.... on the other hand, Eli is clutch when it matters, and you don't have to worry about him getting caught up in alleged rape cases by multiple women.

[/quote]I am fine with it. Extra motavation for him to go out and win another SB and prove em all wrong again
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

They are both great players one just is more popular.

The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

No.

Comment

its tough to definitively say one player is better than the other. does ben do certain things better than eli? yes. does eli do certain things better than ben? yes.

i dont think u could go wrong with either qb. but imo, eli is going to be the more productive, successful QB when both careers are over. One, Eli will probably play longer, much longer. he doesnt have durability issues, ben does. two, ben is better at extending the plays using his mobility to buy more time. thats cool and all, but i prefer what eli is better than ben at, reading a defense and being able to put the ball in a tight window with timing and better downfield passer ability.

but thats just me. it used to be before 07 if u believed eli would be the better qb and was the better qb ud get laughed out of town. now, imo, the consensus among people has shifted towards eli...ben had more immediate success, eli will be the better qb and have more success long term imo.

Comment

It's not a question that ever even crosses my mind. Good luck to Ben, but Eli is our QB and the only one I really care about.
            Eli is only now gaining cred with the other players. I think too many judged him by his goofy innocent looks, and his unchanging position as little brother.
            I like being underestimated. Little brother grew up while everyone else was sleeping.

Comment

I don't think so. Statistically they are pretty close. Both can throw the ball well and are pretty tough hombres.

It's hard for me to believe that 8 years ago I was pissed that the Giants didn't take Rothlisberger with their pick. That would have been a total disaster.

Comment

Players seem to love guys who run a lot. I guess in their minds it makes them better athletes/more talented.

Comment

Big Ben has the record for worst QB rating in a Super Bowl.

Eli has 2 Super Bowl MVP's, tied a record for most 4th quarter TD's from behind in a Super Bowl, I think he has the record for most consecutive completions in a Super Bowl, and he owns the record for most yards in a single post season.

Big Ben's regular season accolades are probably more impressive, however, that offense he plays in usually finishes dead last in passing attempts and wouldn't face as many 3rd and long situations as the other teams in the league.

Even when the Giants had a top rushing attack, we weren't the kind of team that could consistently grind out 3-4 yards per play, we'd struggle to run the ball at times and then pad our rushing average with big plays occasionally. The running attack wasn't as big of a crutch for our passing offense as people assume.

Both guys are great QB's, but Eli's definitely played better in the clutch on the big stage.

Just my 2 cents.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

[quote user="BeatYale"]Big Ben has the record for worst QB rating in a Super Bowl.

Eli has 2 Super Bowl MVP's, tied a record for most 4th quarter TD's from behind in a Super Bowl, I think he has the record for most consecutive completions in a Super Bowl, and he owns the record for most yards in a single post season.

Big Ben's regular season accolades are probably more impressive, however, that offense he plays in usually finishes dead last in passing attempts and wouldn't face as many 3rd and long situations as the other teams in the league.

Even when the Giants had a top rushing attack, we weren't the kind of team that could consistently grind out 3-4 yards per play, we'd struggle to run the ball at times and then pad our rushing average with big plays occasionally. The running attack wasn't as big of a crutch for our passing offense as people assume.

Both guys are great QB's, but Eli's definitely played better in the clutch on the big stage.

Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

he had the most consecutive completions to start a sb in nfl history.

agree with ur post, well said.

Comment

Yea u gotta admit, ben was a beast early in his career. He didn't really knew what he was doing that much, but damn some of those plays he was extending and some of those throws downfield were amazing. Nobody should be ashamed to admit what "could have been", but Eli surpassed Ben in my eyes after the 2010 season (even with Eli's turnovers). Before then, I'd say it was neck-and-neck between the two.

Giving credit to Ben, he's probably the best "makng something out of nothing" passing-wise in the nfl. But he's nowhere in the same class as Eli in terms of being a student of the game

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]Yea u gotta admit, ben was a beast early in his career. He didn't really knew what he was doing that much, but damn some of those plays he was extending and some of those throws downfield were amazing. Nobody should be ashamed to admit what "could have been", but Eli surpassed Ben in my eyes after the 2010 season (even with Eli's turnovers). Before then, I'd say it was neck-and-neck between the two.

Giving credit to Ben, he's probably the best "makng something out of nothing" passing-wise in the nfl. But he's nowhere in the same class as Eli in terms of being a student of the game[/quote]

I think Eli is just as good at making something out of nothing... he just does it before the snap :P

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Why does this upset you guys? Big Ben and Eli are pretty even IMO. They both don't put up huge stats but they find ways to win games. Both should be hall of famers. Both of them are tough SOB's. Big Ben has never had a good O-line and he takes massive beatings week in and week out. IMO, Big Ben and Eli are on par with each other. Ben is a proven winner, just like Eli. You can't go wrong with him. It's like comparing Aikman to Bradshaw. Neither had spectacular numbers, they just found ways to win games.

Comment

I'd like to take this time to remind everyone of the alarming number of "fans" that took part in the large number of "suck for luck" "wish we had big Ben/rivers instead" threads when times were ruff this Past season...........

Comment

I'd take Eli over him any day of the week, but he's still a very good QB in his own right. He's great when his pocket collapses (which is often).

Comment

Working...
                              X