Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't quite understand waiving Ballard to pick up Rocky again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't quite understand waiving Ballard to pick up Rocky again?

Maybe we know something about Ballard and his injury or something else but I think I can speak for all of us when I say Ballard looked very promising.

Just seems odd we would waive Ballard just to pick up Rocky again.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Don't quite understand waiving Ballard to pick up Rocky again?

One guy can play this year if he makes the team. The other won't be playing this year and who knows if he will be 100% next year. He also didn't pass a physical.

Comment

calculated risk. With Canty nursing an injury from last season, Rogers having an elbow injury, Austin being an unknown completely, and Kuhn not being allowed to practice, they needed another DT.

Comment

Just read an online article about how upset and disappointed TC and the giants front office was at losing him. They thought he'd clear waivers and reclaim him.
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I don't think it was so much that we waived Ballard for Bernard, but rather we waived Ballard so we could use that roster spot on someone who may be able to contribute to the 2012 campaign. Mind you no one ever thought that someone would actually claim Ballard off of waivers, which would have meant that his rights would revert back to us and we could place him on IR for the season.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Maybe we know something about Ballard and his injury or something else but I think I can speak for all of us when I say Ballard looked very promising.

[/quote]

They didn't waive Ballard to pick up Bernard. They waives Ballard assuming he's clear waivers and go to IR. The picked up Bernard to fill a roster spot.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Duh, we have a healthy guy who can contribute this year at a positon of need versus a guy who will not play this year and may never play again. This is a bad decision because??
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]Duh, we have a healthy guy who can contribute this year at a positon of need versus a guy who will not play this year and may never play again. This is a bad decision because??[/quote]

You want reasons? Pffftttt!
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.

Comment

[quote user="T-Murda84"]Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.[/quote]

This wasn't a cause and effect issue. A roster sot opened and they filled it. They like Bernard, he knows the system, and he's not costing a lot of money

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="T-Murda84"]Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.[/quote]

This wasn't a cause and effect issue. A roster sot opened and they filled it. They like Bernard, he knows the system, and he's not costing a lot of money
                      [/quote]

All comes down to the dollar with Reese, can peel an orange in his pocket!

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Focusing on the upcoming season....

Ballard is out for the 2012 season. Therefore it's not a big loss concerning the 2012 season.

There's no way anyone predicted the Patroits with Gronk and A. Hernandez of all teams to immediately snipe Ballard off waiers. As to what the Patriots plan to do with Ballard? Good luck to them.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="T-Murda84"]Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.[/quote]

[/quote]
                          Yes. And they had a contract offer out to Bernard for a while now, too. Had he decided earlier to accept it there wouldn't be this dubious correlation.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Maybe we know something about Ballard and his injury or something else but I think I can speak for all of us when I say Ballard looked very promising.

[/quote]The Giants wanted to have their cake and eat it too. This was a blunder, but certainly not one which I would consider significant. I'm sure if they could take it back they would, but it's not the worst thing ever to befall this team.

(Dave Brown is the worst thing ever to befall this team. :-D )

Comment

[quote user="T-Murda84"]Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.[/quote]

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                              X