Jerry Reese: human??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Reese: human??

I think it's fair to say that JR and our FO really dropped the ball here. It was risky move that backfired.

Whether or not Ballard will be an affective TE is not the story here. It's the fact that we "wanted" to keep Ballard, but made a bonehead decision by letting him go through waivers.

You live by the bullet, you die by the bullet.

Not very classy if you ask me. I wish JB the best.

Re: Jerry Reese: human??

What about this is not classy? Lol

Yes, worst decision of all time to let a player who wasent going to play this season anyway get away.

You learned nothing from last year, I see.

Comment

Dropped the ball? Ballard won't play in 2012 & when he finally does, he wont be the same...

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]

[/quote]

I agree. What BB did was not very classy at all.

Comment

Pats are just playing the bitter old man role. He won't play a snap in 2012 and 2013 he will still feel the effects I'm sure. Jake was good in our system, and might be good in the pats system, but it wasn't like we lost a star. I hope he does make it back in blue though

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"]Dropped the ball? Ballard won't play in 2012 & when he finally does, he wont be the same...[/quote]

Whether or not Ballard will be an affective TE is not the story here

is what I wrote.....

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

right....BB saw a player he liked hit the waiver wire. how dare he?

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]Whether or not Ballard will be an affective TE is not the story here[/quote]

That is a huge part of the story though.

That you chose to ignore the facts in an attempt to make a point ( a very poorly formed one at that) does not strengthen your argument.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]What about this is not classy? Lol

Yes, worst decision of all time to let a player who wasent going to play this season anyway get away.

You learned nothing from last year, I see.[/quote]

ok, maybe classy is not the right word...considering this is a business and these things happen.

"Hey Ballard, we're gonna cut you, and then hope that no one claims you off waivers, and then resign you tomorrow..."

I get it....but I also know what JB did for this team last season, and how BIG he was. Lets not forget he re-injured himself on the sideline trying to get on the field. True Giant.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]Whether or not Ballard will be an affective TE is not the story here[/quote]

That is a huge part of the story though.

That you chose to ignore the facts in an attempt to make a point ( a very poorly formed one at that) does not strengthen your argument.[/quote]

All hail to the mighty slipknotin...

Actually it does. Reese and TC admittedly wanted JB back. the "plan" was to pick him up once he cleared waivers...so whether or not he plays next year has no affect on the point that i'm making.

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But, that's not why he's doing it. He did it just to spite the Giants. I think that much is obscenely obvious. Ballard is a good football player, but why else would the Pats waste $550k of cap room and a roster spot through camp (and possibly through Week 6, not too sure if he has to go on PUP first) for a player that will not play this year and might not even be back to form next year?

It's called sour grapes. He knew that we were just making a roster move and decided to piss on our leg and say it's raining.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]Pats are just playing the bitter old man role. He won't play a snap in 2012 and 2013 he will still feel the effects I'm sure. Jake was good in our system, and might be good in the pats system, but it wasn't like we lost a star. I hope he does make it back in blue though[/quote]

the FO took the risk and it backfired. Obviously they didnt want him back bad enough.

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]Hey Ballard, we're gonna cut you, and then hope that no one claims you off waivers, and then resign you tomorrow...[/quote]

I see nothing wrong with that logic when the player is roughly an average player at his position, and is well known to be injured for all of next season.

We all agree Ballard is a good football player, and you hate to lose them.

But I dont see this as a poor decision at all. If you have the tinted glasses of hindsight its always easier to judge.

It was a calculated risk, it didnt turn out the way they wanted, instead they have to find other solutions. Thats what good football management does, it finds the next man up.

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="slipknottin"]What about this is not classy? Lol

You learned nothing from last year, I see.[/quote]

ok, maybe classy is not the right word...considering this is a business and these things happen.

"Hey Ballard, we're gonna cut you, and then hope that no one claims you off waivers, and then resign you tomorrow..."

I get it....but I also know what JB did for this team last season, and how BIG he was. Lets not forget he re-injured himself on the sideline trying to get on the field. True Giant.

[/quote]
                            Actually, we wouldn't have needed to resign him. As a player with fewer than 5 vested years in the NFL once he clears waivers his rights remain with the Giants. Once that happened, he'd be slipped on IR and we'd have him for next year.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But, that's not why he's doing it. He did it just to spite the Giants. I think that much is obscenely obvious. Ballard is a good football player, but why else would the Pats waste $550k of cap room and a roster spot through camp (and possibly through Week 6, not too sure if he has to go on PUP first) for a player that will not play this year and might not even be back to form next year?

It's called sour grapes. He knew that we were just making a roster move and decided to piss on our leg and say it's raining.
                              [/quote]

Yea, that may be the case...I just dont understand why someone would pay a player 550k out of spite. But I wouldnt put it past BB

Comment

Working...
                              X