http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/06/15/t...content_stream
    ALL IN!

sigpic

Re: It was a very sad day!

Nice little clip, thanks

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="Tuckit91"]http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/06/15/this-day-in-football-giants-cut-phil-simms/?module=HP11_content_stream[/quote]

I am the ultimate Phil butt boy and always will be.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Tuckit91"]http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/06/15/this-day-in-football-giants-cut-phil-simms/?module=HP11_content_stream[/quote]

[/quote] I hated when Ray benched him for the Hoss.
        ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Nice little clip, thanks

[/quote]

[H]
          ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] Ya me too! I hated when Ray benched him for the Hoss.[/quote]

One of the reasons he will go down as the worst HC in Giants history.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Ya one of many reasons
              ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] Ya one of many reasons[/quote]

The "read and react" defensive strategy had something to do with it too.

Comment

[quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] I hated when Ray benched him for the Hoss.[/quote]

Me too. I couldn't believe he named Hostetler the QB before camp even began. That was just wrong. I've said this on other forums, I don't there was an athelete who played in NY who was more criticized than Phil Simms.

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] I hated when Ray benched him for the Hoss.[/quote] Me too. I couldn't believe he named Hostetler the QB before camp even began. That was just wrong. I've said this on other forums, I don't there was an athelete who played in NY who was more criticized than Phil Simms.[/quote]

And who overcame more.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] I hated when Ray benched him for the Hoss.[/quote] Me too. I couldn't believe he named Hostetler the QB before camp even began. That was just wrong. I've said this on other forums, I don't there was an athelete who played in NY who was more criticized than Phil Simms.[/quote]

And who overcame more.

[/quote]

Anyone who watched the Gmen in the 80's loved Simms...i did too. But Hostetler didnt do anything to warrant going back to the bench. Difficult decision and RH went with the younger and more athletic guy. Its not like he just picked Hoss cuz he wanted too. The guy just won the dam SB.
                      sigpic
                      BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And who overcame more.

[/quote] Anyone who watched the Gmen in the 80's loved Simms...i did too. But Hostetler didnt do anything to warrant going back to the bench. Difficult decision and RH went with the younger and more athletic guy. Its not like he just picked Hoss cuz he wanted too. The guy just won the dam SB.[/quote]

Nor did Phil.

I watched a replay of that 90 SB a few months ago and was surprised at how many open receivers Hoss missed in that game. Amazing what you see when you're not hanging on every play. He was a good player but he was constantly unhappy.

He was never the player that Phil was.

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And who overcame more.

[/quote]

Anyone who watched the Gmen in the 80's loved Simms...i did too. But Hostetler didnt do anything to warrant going back to the bench. Difficult decision and RH went with the younger and more athletic guy. Its not like he just picked Hoss cuz he wanted too. The guy just won the dam SB.[/quote]

I didn't have anything against Hostetler, but you don't give the starting job before training camp and definitely not because the original starter got hurt. Worse case scenario you let them battle it out in training camp.

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Plus Phil did go 11-3 thats year before getting hury against the Bills and he was a big reason we got to the Super Bowl

And who overcame more.

[/quote]

Anyone who watched the Gmen in the 80's loved Simms...i did too. But Hostetler didnt do anything to warrant going back to the bench. Difficult decision and RH went with the younger and more athletic guy. Its not like he just picked Hoss cuz he wanted too. The guy just won the dam SB.[/quote]

I didn't have anything against Hostetler, but you don't give the starting job before training camp and definitely not because the original starter got hurt. Worse case scenario you let them battle it out in training camp.[/quote]

Phil did go a 11-3 before he got hurt against the Bills and he was a big reason we got to and won the Super Bowl.
                            ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="Tuckit91"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And who overcame more.

[/quote]

I didn't have anything against Hostetler, but you don't give the starting job before training camp and definitely not because the original starter got hurt. Worse case scenario you let them battle it out in training camp.[/quote]

Same arguement and same scenario of Young/Montana. Either way you cut it...its gonna be a QB controversy and a no win situation.

As I said... i loved Simms and woulda had no probs if RH started him. Im just not gonna hate Hoss or take anything away from him. He was a good QB in the prime of his career.
                              sigpic
                              BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X